The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just how bad are the Dolphins' LBs?

2 posters

Go down

Just how bad are the Dolphins' LBs? Empty Just how bad are the Dolphins' LBs?

Post by JMP Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:53 am

You know I hate PFF's rankings/grades, but they are a good source of stats. Check out these numbers...even worse than I thought.

http://amp.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article185703538.html

According to Pro Football Focus, of the 110 passes thrown with Miami’s linebackers in coverage this season, 87 have been completed for 862 yards. That’s a 79 percent completion rate and a 9.9 yard average per catch.

Kiko Alonso allowed 10 of 11 passes thrown against him to be caught for 138 yards in Sunday’s loss to Tampa Bay. For the season, Alonso has permitted completions on 48 of 59 passes for 523 yards and three touchdowns. Those 48 completions are second-most among all 4-3 outside linebackers.

Lawrence Timmons has allowed 29 of 39 passes thrown against him to be caught for 244 yards and two touchdowns, with a 107.2 passer rating in his coverage area.

Mike Hull, who played early in the season when Timmons went AWOL and was suspended for a game, has allowed all nine throws against him to be caught for 91 yards.

I bolded the numbers for Alonso and Timmons. They are absolute trash. This team just keeps throwing money at bad players and getting bad results. It's sickening.

I just can't get over the absurd contract that the Phins gave Alonso. It's absolutely mind-boggling that they thought it was smart to back up the Brinks truck for him when we could have had him at under $2 million this season with the ability to cut him at year's end. Now we're stuck with this garbage for at least another season. He is a total liability in all phases of the game.

As for Timmons, the second he was signed I mentioned the playoff game last season where the Pats completed about a thousand passes against him. The guy is awful in coverage, and anyone that watches football should know that by now. Just wait till you see what the Pats do to him and Alonso on Sunday - it's going to be ugly.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Just how bad are the Dolphins' LBs? Empty Re: Just how bad are the Dolphins' LBs?

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:20 am

i read that too. just awful. but hey, at least Alonso makes up for it in stopping the run. i mean, didn't you see his containment of Christian McCaffrey?!?!

this LB corp needs a complete rebuild. all 3 spots need an upgrade. but don't worry, i am sure they will fix the problem with the return of Koa Misi.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down