The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jay Ajayi

+6
HalCHorn
rightchea
CarsonChris
mercury22nathan
JMP
DolFan 316
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jay Ajayi - Page 2 Empty Re: Jay Ajayi

Post by Degarmo Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:40 am

After that drive in the 3rd, I would have thrown the ball to Gronkowski every down until they stopped it. I don't think they were capable of doing it.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:36 am

JMP wrote:I'd love to know what Butler did to get benched. We'll probably never know the truth, but regardless, nothing will ever make the Ajayi trade look like a genius move. We got hosed, plain and simple.
He intercepted Crybaby Tom two times in a row on passes to Gronk.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:41 pm

Needless to say, my Phaith in Gase has taken few hits this season.

Shocked

Shocking, I know.

I was hoping the Phins were on the right track, but now...I am left with the sinking feeling that we have another HC that talks a good game but makes some of he dumbest moves ever...like Grandpa Queasy Joe Philbin.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:52 pm

On the Ajayi trade: hands down, Jay is already the winner.  He has won one more Super Bowl than the Fins will be part of for the foreseeable future.  

On Gase compared with our other post-JJ coaches, here's how I see 'em, top to bottom:

1) Sparano.  Sad to say, he was actually the best of the post-JJ bunch.  He had one good idea that he ran completely into the ground, but it was a good idea, and he got the absolute most out of that 2008 team.  He was in over his head, but had a good rookie year.  The fist pumps after FG's were annoying as Hell, and yet he looks like Doug Pedersen compared to most of this list.
2) Gase.  Comparable to Sparano in the end, I'm sorry to say.  Since the Sparano Dolphins actually signed a veteran QB with a career year left in the tank, while Gase signed Jay Cutler, I'll give Sparano the nod.  Turning point: the Ajayi giveaway.  He's 2-7 since.  
But at least he isn't a crybaby quitter, which is why I'll rank him ahead of ...
3) Saban.  Good first year, shitty second year, just like the guys ahead of him.  Just as well, he was no pro coach.
4) Campbell.  Maybe 5-7 was an achievement with that team in disarray, but he wasn't quite ready for the gig just yet.  Then again, some guys are never ready to be a head coach, like....
5) Wanny.  It is astounding that he could inherit a defense and special teams like he inherited and just totally, completely run everything into the ground in 4 short years.  The record is misleading.  He took a franchise that had been consistently in the hunt for three decades and totally demolished it.  The only thing that astonishes me is that there have actually been two coaches even worse:
6) Philbin.  Queasy Joe.  All of Wanny's worst play-not-to-lose qualities, with an even less inspiring demeanor.  And yet, he's better than....
7) Cameron.  Quite honestly, and I am not exaggerating, I think he is the rock-bottom, worst coach in NFL history.   If anything, he was even worse than his record indicates, and that record is at the absolute bottom of NFL history.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:09 am

HalCHorn wrote:7) Cameron.  Quite honestly, and I am not exaggerating, I think he is the rock-bottom, worst coach in NFL history.   If anything, he was even worse than his record indicates, and that record is at the absolute bottom of NFL history.

I agreed with that now and even 11 years later I'll still agree. Hue Jackson's giving Cam a run for his money, but even he had that one season of dragging the Raiders kicking and screaming to 8-8, which is why he got a second chance to begin with. Cam on the other hand was one Brian Billick fraidy-cat decision away from 0-16. And the fact he somehow managed to get himself fired from a SB champion team in midseason later on (Ravens) just cements it. Bill Peterson is the only other NFL coach I can even think of who's even in the same ballpark of suckitude historically. And the local Fins media ought to be forever ashamed to have actually called for Cam being RETAINED because "continuity". I know they aren't, but they should be. I will never forget that.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:15 am

Great write up on the coaches, and I agree with what you've done on them.

Honestly, I don't care who the next coach is, assuming this regime fails. And it's not a misguided assumption at this point, given the state of the team going into their 3rd offseason together.

What I really care about is who replaces Tannenbaum as GM of the team.

You think Pederson wins the Superbowl without Howie Roseman? No. Effing. Way. Roseman is the guy that swindled us out of our draft pick in exchange for two guys he didn't want any more in Alonso and Maxwell. Yeah, turned out great for him as he parlayed the move into another trade up for their franchise QB of the future. Not only that, he signed Foles when he was on the verge of retirement. Oh, pretty good move given he won them a Superbowl.

Let's not forget he was able to bring in Ajayi mid-season on the cheap, adding another player to an already formidable backfield.

Finally, let's not overlook the Eagles front 7 and the damage they caused all season to opposing offenses. It's no coincidence they got a game-sealing sack-fumble on Brady in the Superbowl. They were deep enough that their pass rush survived late into the fourth quarter, and got the play they needed to stifle the Pats drive before it began.

So. Sign me up for someone that knows how to build a team through the draft, trades AND free agency. They are all important when used wisely. I don't care who they hire as coach. We need the GM first.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:12 am

Great post, white. Ross needs to completely clean house. Hire a qualified, competent GM (not someone who's been out of the league for years that no other team would even interview let alone hire) and let him build the staff and hire a coach.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:24 am

JMP wrote:Great post, white.  Ross needs to completely clean house.  Hire a qualified, competent GM (not someone who's been out of the league for years that no other team would even interview let alone hire) and let him build the staff and hire a coach.

Nah, we're close. Just need a couple tweaks here and there and we will almost be in position to be close to competing for a shot at being in the hunt for making the playoffs.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:40 am

scotgif wrote:
JMP wrote:Great post, white.  Ross needs to completely clean house.  Hire a qualified, competent GM (not someone who's been out of the league for years that no other team would even interview let alone hire) and let him build the staff and hire a coach.

Nah, we're close. Just need a couple tweaks here and there and we will almost be in position to be close to competing for a shot at being in the hunt for making the playoffs.

Sadly, this is exactly how Ross and his staff of incompetents feel. No

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:30 pm

I can still Remember Wanny saying "We're close. Real close." and the team got progressively worse and worse. And almost every decision he made was abysmally stupid to the max.

I hate to keep beating this dead horse, but.... W1 nails it. Until the team gets someone in who can actually DRAFT well (or at least not mangle it up badly) and use a bit of logic in the personnel moves, this team is never going to be anything more than an also-ran in the NFL.

Another season of stupendously bad drafting and personnel decisions and this team could slam into the gutter like a 6-8km wide asteroid impact IMO.  

I mean just how much more of this brain-dead decision-making can a team witness before they realize the whole front office and ownership is full of complete nitwits?

Just how much more Gase-Fits can the team witness when he trades away a player like Ajayi who goes on to help a team win the SB? And you told the team he was a cancer? A the team was better off without him?

I mean...GEEZE!!!

My Gase-phaith is crumbling.....
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:31 am

Being me and all, I'm going to shorten the descriptions on the list to suit my profane needs Very Happy

1) Sparano.  Emphatic blast of directionless feces, oh and wind, a lot of hot wind.  
2) Gase.  Combo dump - Arrogant, delusional, weak-willed.
3) Saban.  Arrogant Lying sack of crap.
4) Campbell. Shart, but a damn enthusiastic one. Probably blew a hole right through the back.
5) Wanny.  Disorganized and Confused mound of dung.
6) Philbin.  Anal retentive and weak-willed pile of shit.
7) Cameron.  Massive pile of delusional shit.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2