The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAF debut weekend features several former Miami Dolphins players

3 posters

Go down

AAF debut weekend features several former Miami Dolphins players Empty AAF debut weekend features several former Miami Dolphins players

Post by rightchea Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:35 pm

Miami fans should feel insulted by this. Knowing that Miami has so many bad draft picks is a horrible accomplishment.

Kevin Nogle wrote:The Alliance of American Football opened their inaugural season this past weekend, bringing football into the spring. This league is designed to compliment the NFL - though, despite games being aired on NFL Network, it is not officially affiliated with the NFL - and the eight team rosters are filled with players who had a shot at the NFL but did not stick. Some of these are undrafted free agents who did not make the roster in their rookie season and some are veterans who are hoping to get another crack at the league.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/2/11/18220782/aaf-roster-miami-dolphins-players-coaches-orlando-apollos-san-diego-fleet-salt-lake-stallions

rightchea

Back to top Go down

AAF debut weekend features several former Miami Dolphins players Empty Re: AAF debut weekend features several former Miami Dolphins players

Post by JMP Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:41 pm

I watched three AAF games from this weekend and loved 'em all.  Great to have professional football to watch after the Super Bowl.

It was cool to see players I remember from college and the NFL (in partticular Trent Richardson and Matt Asiata!), and cool to see old coaches like Steve Spurrier, Dennis Erickson, Mike Singletary and Mike Martz.  And yes, I did see a few players that had spent time with the Phins.

Teams only had 5 weeks to prepare, so it was a bit sloppy - especially at QB and OL.  But the WR play was really good overall, and there were definitely a good number of impact players on defense.  I expect the play to get better as the players get more experience together.  

It's a really quick game...the 35-second clock, no real TV timeouts, no kickoffs.  It makes for a very watchable, fast-paced game.  

I think it's a great opportunity for players to develop, and it gives the NFL another pool of talent to pick from.

Anyway, I'm a fan!  Cool

Last edited by JMP on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

AAF debut weekend features several former Miami Dolphins players Empty Re: AAF debut weekend features several former Miami Dolphins players

Post by Degarmo Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:15 pm

I really enjoyed the games I watched as well. They're hitting each other, like football and shit.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down