The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't Tank for Tua

3 posters

Go down

Don't Tank for Tua Empty Don't Tank for Tua

Post by rightchea Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:40 pm

So here is my concerns when it comes to going after Alabama QB. For the fact that they are playing teams that will never be close to making the NCAA playoffs means that Tua is not really seeing a good challenge from any defense. There are miracles that can happen but it totally not possible with the team that Alabama has.

lets also be honest how many really good Alabama players have made a different in the NFL at the QB position since the 90's. Brodie Croyle played 5 years in the league for KC and that was it and never started all 16 games. AJ McCarron played with the Bills and OAK but that all folks, Greg McElroy played one year in the NFL.That not a great track record in my opinion. So yeah I not really for the Tank for Tua situation

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Don't Tank for Tua Empty Re: Don't Tank for Tua

Post by JMP Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:52 pm

What separates Tua from everyone else are his accuracy and ball placement.  He is off the charts amazing in those areas, and he combines that with great field vision and quick decision making.  He is also very good at running the ball and is flat-out deadly with the RPO plays that today's NFL loves.  I wish he had more size, but aside from that I don't think there's any flaws in his game.  He's the best prospect since Luck, easily, and in some areas he's better than Luck.

Yes, Alabama does play a cupcake schedule, but they also play in college football's biggest games every year, so Tua will be battle-tested.  

Comparing Tua to other Alabama QBs really isn't fair, because this is the first time since Saban has been there that they have a legit QB and passing offense.  Prior to Tua, they were a running team with game managers at QB.  Tua forced them to completely change their philosophy and move to an attacking passing offense.  McCarron and McElroy aren't even in the same galaxy as Tua.

Last edited by JMP on Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:27 pm

Tua was so good Saban sat down Jalen Hurts so Tua could be the starter!

And Saban RARELY does that.

And look at how Jalen is playing at OKLA.

I like Tua a lot, but with ANY draft pick at QB, the odds are extremely bad on them being a franchise QB. You have to "project" the player into the NFL and "estimate" how much better they will get...if any.

And while I don't think the plan was to "tank" there is no doubt the plan was to raze the personnel down to the foundation and rebuild. Which in this case, meant some demolition in the week before the first game.

With predictable results.

Let's hope for continued improvement each week. And when they set the bar that low, hopefully they can raise it some each week.

Go Phins!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down