The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking head to MIA vs NYJ

2 posters

Go down

Looking head to MIA vs NYJ Empty Looking head to MIA vs NYJ

Post by rightchea Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:03 pm

This has to be one of my most anticipated games all year. I was hoping that Miami would come off a big win against the Steelers but it seems to never go the way we would want things to go. Right now Miami has one of the best chances to win against the Jets as long as they can stop Anderson and Bell. Another way Miami can win is making Gase frustrated at his players which get taken out if they don't play like he wants them too. How does Miami do this:

Defeating the Jets offense:

First thing to do is get to Sam Darnold and taking him out of the game ( more mentally then physically). The Jags were able to do it most of the game with 8 sacks and 3 Ints. The Pats, who also has a better D than Miami, also cause issue for Darnold with 4 Ints. Le'Veon Bell has been a none factor this year and Miami needs to keep it that way. Gase and Bell are not liking each other and if Miami plays hard and keep him from running wild then Bell might be traded next season. Bell has only 109 attempts for 349 yrds and 1 TD, basically he not playing. The major factor for the NYJ right now are Crowder and Anderson. Both of them have a combined 631 yrds and 1 TD which means in the redzone Miami needs to look out for TE Ryan Griffin who has 3 TD.

Miami will need the help of the secondary that played yesterday and hopefully Howard and Jones can both be in as well to make the secondary what it was yesterday. Miami DL also need to bring the pain. sacking Darnold and making him throw the ball like he was Rosen is the best way to get a W. Bell might not be playing like he did most of the game against the Jags but don't count him out when it comes to short passes, Baker, Taco and DB need to make sure he stays behind the line when the ball comes his way (haven't seen too many check downs either though).

Slowing down the Jets Defense:

This is where Miami offense needs to come into play more than ever. Fitzpatrick has been making things exciting but at the same time he needs to make the right decisions at the right time. Taking the sack and not turning it over is one. Fitzmagic has allowed the ball to disappear from his hand 4 times this season while he thrown 7 Ints, Thanks OL. Miami OL needs to make sure they step it up as well. NYJ have 9 sacks this season and with the OL Miami has will probably get more. But thanks to Gase being less aggressive than 90% of the league he not going to be doing too many wild blitz packages so Miami OL should see it coming 60% of the time, which is a lot. Miami WR need to be on it when it comes to running their routes. NYJ have a good secondary that has 27 pass defections but only has 5 Int. That doesn't mean that Adams, Poole and Roberts are going to let up. Like the old saying goes if it hits your hands you suppose to catch it, and O'Leary showed us that it not the case. Williams, Wilson and Parker has shown us what the future will look like and it will be good. Gesicki has also shown up as well when he is needed the most.

Results: If Miami offense can play well for ALL four quarters then this will be a win. Miami Defense stepping up will make this into a greater win

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Looking head to MIA vs NYJ Empty Re: Looking head to MIA vs NYJ

Post by JMP Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:14 pm

Great write-up.

If I was a betting man, I'd take the under in this game. Both offenses simply do not score.

I think this one is simple: pressure Darnold and force turnovers, and the Dolphins win.

The problem is, the Phins don't rush the passer very well and they aren't good at forcing turnovers. Darnold will carve up this defense if the Phins can't get to him. Hopefully this is the game where we get sacks and INTs...we won't win without them. Obviously we have to contain Bell, too...he can kill us even though that OL sucks.

The Jets' defense doesn't scare me at all, and even though our offense blows I am reasonably confident we can move the ball on them. The Jets do love to blitz, so we need Fitz and the OL to get the job done.

I could see a final score of 17-13 or something like that...I just don't know who will have the 17 and who will have the 13!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:23 pm

update on Bell the Jets are trying to trade him before todays deadline. My guess is he not going to play much against the Fins. Knowing Gase he is going to give Bell the blues and let him touch the ball once a quarter to make his trade value look really bad. Miami might be able to get Bell for a low price of a 7th round pick

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:29 pm

rightchea wrote:update on Bell the Jets are trying to trade him before todays deadline. My guess is he not going to play much against the Fins. Knowing Gase he is going to give Bell the blues and let him touch the ball once a quarter to make his trade value look really bad. Miami might be able to get Bell for a low price of a 7th round pick

LOL That organization is more of a mess than we are! That Bell contract is awful - not team-friendly at all. But like you said, maybe some team coughs up a late pick if they're really desperate. Bell can definitely still be a top player...but Gase has no idea how to use a #1 running back. If I was Bell I'd be seriously regretting signing there.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:44 pm

Word out of NY: other Jets could also be available prior to the trade deadline - S Jamal Adams and WR Robby Anderson.

Adams could demand a high pick, and the Cowboys are interested. Anderson is pretty much a one-trick pony - he has poor hands and can't run a route, but he is very fast and can run "go" and "fly" patterns all day.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:17 pm

No matter what Anderson does he making plays and Miami will have to stop him if he is still around.

Also Adams wants to be in Dallas

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:20 pm

Dallas offered a first rounder for Adams, and the Jets turned them down. So I guess Adams and Anderson are staying.

Adams is a great player, but I would definitely have traded him for a first.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:40 pm

you know how Gase works if it more a 3rd rounder than they don't need it

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content