The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How can Miami beat the Colts

+2
JMP
rightchea
6 posters

Go down

How can Miami beat the Colts Empty How can Miami beat the Colts

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:58 pm

Miami beat the Jets and the excitement has come down because Miami's next biggest challenge is going to be the Colts. Yes people the Colts who are 5-2 at the moment and they are looking to win another against the Dolphins. Miami is trying to make it to 2-7 so here how they can

Stop the run.....
Miami has one of the worst rating when it comes to stopping the run this doesn't mean that they can't do it though. With Brissett and Hilton out Miami has no need to double team any WR that will be out there. This means that Marlon Mack will be seeing the ball a lot of often. Mack has 679 yards on the ground with 68 from the air. One thing that is going for the Fins this game is the Colts OL is not blocking well and when there is poor blocking that means increased pressure. The Colts allowed 5 sacks on Sunday and if Miami DL can get through like they did against the Jets then Miami can win.

pass Defense is going to be keep....
With Xavier on IR and Jones out Miami will need their secondary to step up. With Hilton out Pascal has become the man to watch. So far he has 4 TD and 321 yards. Eric Ebron will also be on the field Sunday and will be expecting more pass coming his way. Miami Secondary held their own against the Jets but the Colts also don't have Adam Gase as a coach either so if it broke the Colts will adjust and fix. Wiltz has stepped up the last couple of game and seem to be getting better each game which will help out a lot. Jones needs to get better so that the SS blitz and help over the top is covered.

Side note: Jones fully returned to practice but didn't play against Jets might play against Colts

Miami is missing two key players P. Williams and Walton. Parker, Wilson, Hurns and Ballage will have to step up if the offense is going to score points. Gesicki seem to have found his groove and doesn't look like a bust like he did last year, then again there Gase. Parker has proven his worth as well this year by staying healthy and contributing downfield and in the middle when he is open. Hurns and Wilson will need to prove that they are keepers and make some plays against the Colts and the rest of the season. Miami OL pass protection is also key. Justin Houston will be playing and will be coming for Fitz by any means necessary. Miami's OL will need to make sure that they are giving Fitz enough time to pass the ball and time to get WR open. Miami didn't allow too many sack against the Jets and This means that Fitzpatrick will need to become Fitzmagic this game.

As for the running game, will Flores finally give Fin fan a chance to see Gaskin and Laird in action. Well he gonna have to, Ballage is not much of a speed back and but he can hit the hole and make a play. This means that Miami need to find some speed from either one. Miami OL need to make sure they are making the right holes and keeping their blocks so that the RB can get through.

Conclusion:
Miami have their work cut out for them this week. Top target is out for the season and so is their top DB. but then again the Colts are not going to have Hilton nor Brissett which might give the Fins a advantage. With the team Miami has a win is a win no matter who is playing and if Miami wins the Tank for Tua goes fully out of the window

rightchea

Back to top Go down

How can Miami beat the Colts Empty Re: How can Miami beat the Colts

Post by JMP Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:15 pm

Great write-up again!

If Hoyer starts at QB, I think our chances improve - but I'm seeing a loss here regardless of which QB we face. Miami should keep things close for most of the game, but I don't trust our defense against the likes of Mack and Ebron, and WR Zach Pascal should have a big day. And our offense looks pretty weak (at least on paper) without Williams and Walton.

As much as I'd love to see a win streak, I think we go back to our losing ways Sunday.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:20 pm

I admit, the Colt put together a solid roster around Brissett, part of the reason they are winning in spite of the last-minute Luck retirement.

This is another good measuring stick. If we stay within 7 (current spread is 10.5 points) and have a chance to win late, I'd consider it another data point that we are continuing to improve, and a moral victory of sorts. Even without Brissett, they are better than us at many key positions.

If we win this game... wow. Start writing up Flores for Coach of the Year.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:21 pm

white1 wrote:I admit, the Colt put together a solid roster around Brissett, part of the reason they are winning in spite of the last-minute Luck retirement.

This is another good measuring stick.  If we stay within 7 (current spread is 10.5 points) and have a chance to win late, I'd consider it another data point that we are continuing to improve, and a moral victory of sorts.  Even without Brissett, they are better than us at many key positions.

If we win this game... wow.  Start writing up Flores for Coach of the Year.

Well said.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:28 pm

To answer the question "How can Miami beat the Colts": I think it has to be with turnovers - limit turnovers on offense and force turnovers on defense. Unfortunately we are not good in either area!

I know you can say that turnovers decide every game, but in this case I just don't think we have a chance if we lose the turnover battle.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:55 pm

Agree. To add to that, I would game plan hard to stop the run. Try and get that new QB in 3rd and long then bring pressure to force a quick throw and hopefully get a turnover.

When we have the ball play possession mostly with a lot of runs, then take deep shots to our receivers.

It will be physical, and I see signs of a physical nature under Flores.

I’ll be watching and I’m excited!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:16 pm

update from Miami practice. Besides everyone who is on IR, everyone practiced today

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:52 pm

rightchea wrote:update from Miami practice. Besides everyone who is on IR, everyone practiced today

Well, that's good news. Looking forward to seeing how Jones fits in with this defense after missing so much time.

I'm also looking to see Gaskin and/or Laird get some opportunities now that Walton is out.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:02 pm

I see this game as a Colts blowout win unfortunately. Too many teams in too many seasons who've gotten their first win around midseason or later tend to have a huge letdown the game after. The burden of being winless is gone but they know they aren't making the playoffs so the entire team coasts and has nothing in the tank emotionally. I've seen this time and time and time again. It doesn't mean they can't win 2-3 more games, though.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:00 am

Mike Florio wrote:Miami quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick has a right shoulder injury. Despite the injury, he fully participated in practice on Wednesday.

A total of 15 Dolphins appear on the injury report, including receiver Albert Wilson (hip). Only one Miami player did not practice: cornerback Ken Webster (ankle).

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/06/ryan-fitzpatrick-pops-up-on-the-injury-report/

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:58 am

Just read an article from Mando in the Herald: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article237074844.html

Ballage gets the start this week against Indy. He's averaging a grand total of 2.0 yards per carry.

Did Flores whine about the stats? Point fingers? Pay lip service to the running game?

No. He doubled the workload in yesterday's practice dedicated to the running game. He says everyone from himself, to the coaches, to o-line, receivers, tight ends and backs needs to execute better. So they practiced more and worked on practicing better.

Hope it works. Smart. We will need to run the ball well this week to have a chance.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:02 am

Good gawd almighty, Laird and Gaskin must suck more than a Vegas hooker on a Saturday night to STILL not be considered for serious playing time Shocked Shocked Shocked

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:20 am

DolFan 316 wrote:Good gawd almighty, Laird and Gaskin must suck more than a Vegas hooker on a Saturday night to STILL not be considered for serious playing time Shocked Shocked Shocked

I'm sure one or both will serve as the third down back and fill in when Ballage gets a breather.

I think the coaches just want to give Ballage every chance to succeed or fail so they know what they have going into next season. He has made a couple of nice runs in his short career - just needs to be more consistent.

And I do love the focus on the running game. It's important both to take pressure off Fitz, but also to make this team tougher.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:23 pm

I have to agree with JMP. I feel like this year is that year that you gotta show me what you got or you out of here. Miami's front office got what they could when it came to draft picks then kept the rest to see if they are worth keeping. This was one of those clean slate years for Miami's roster.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:09 pm

As any kind of marginal player, or player waiting for a break, if you don't show up to play in the year of a rebuild/tank, you deserve to be packing trucks for a living.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:14 pm

rightchea wrote:this year is that year that you gotta show me what you got or you out of here

Degarmo wrote:if you don't show up to play in the year of a rebuild/tank, you deserve to be packing trucks for a living.

BAM! You guys nailed it. Charles Harris - are you listening???

Being on the Dolphins this season is a golden opportunity for all the marginal 3rd-tier players on this roster. For many of these guys, this is very likely their one and only chance to be an NFL player. Play well, and you have a shot at a career. Fail, and you're looking for a new industry to work in.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:48 pm

Charles Harris is still on the team?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked Could've fooled me!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:35 pm

Harris has already been passed by Charlton. It took 3 years but we finally got a potential pass rusher from the 2017 draft. Smile

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:50 am

Charles Harris should not have been drafted so high in the first place. wasn't good in college not good in the NFL.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:11 am

Hey, I've noted a couple of Harris sightings in my game notes the last two weeks! He has made about 4 decent plays the last two weeks - which is 4 more than he made the first 6 weeks. Maybe he's starting to come on...or maybe that's the best we can expect.

I don't think he'll be a Dolphin in 2020.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down