The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breaking News: Mark Walton released

5 posters

Go down

Breaking News: Mark Walton released Empty Breaking News: Mark Walton released

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:17 am

So are you telling me that Miami didn't know that this foul was arrested three times or is this something new

https://twitter.com/MiamiDolphins/status/1196821113042612224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1196821113042612224&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Fmiami-dolphins

Sounds like someone told Ross and Grier to get rid of Walton either thought everyone knew he was arrested three times in one month. Why get rid of the guy now and loss out on someone that could contribute better than Ballage or the others. This is bull

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Mark Walton released Empty Re: Breaking News: Mark Walton released

Post by JMP Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:29 pm

This is a new incident - has nothing to do with his arrests this summer.

Walton was arrested early this morning for beating the crap out of his pregnant girlfriend. The Phins cut him as soon as they found out.

What a piece of crap.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Mark Walton released Empty Re: Breaking News: Mark Walton released

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:16 pm

yeah I just saw that. mad that it wasnt posted first before they talked about his release

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:57 pm

And THIS is why you don't ever sign players with a criminal past. Because the very fact they're still being allowed to play football sends them the message that they can commit as many felonies as they want without consequence. Cecil Collins anyone? That's how human nature has worked since humans were a thing. Going out of your way to sign the Waltons and the Nkemdiches of the football world is literally a waste of time. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Preston Williams went and did something like this now that he's hurt and has all the free time in the world. In fact I expect it.

But hey, at least Walton was already suspended, right? I also want to thank Grier for trading away Drake for a conditional 6th KNOWING Walton would be suspended, which I'm sure is going to fetch him the next Brady Rolling Eyes I mean, it's not like this team needs RBs now, right? And what does it say about Grier that he chose to draft someone who's apparently STILL somehow, some way not good enough to play even under the current circumstances? I mean shit, how mind-blowingly terribad does Gaskin have to be??? Evil or Very Mad And THIS is the GM we're all trusting not to totally blow this next draft??? Anybody can trade for picks, 12-year olds playing Madden do it all the time.

Oh well, at least they didn't make excuses and die on a hill for Walton like I've seen so many other teams do for players acting this way.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 19, 2019 4:59 pm

Well technically like saying hiring someone with a criminal background can't be trusted which continue the item of poverty will never go away. For Grier to give Walton another chance in more redemption than anything. Like all companies you give a person a chance to prove that they have changed and if they do they stay if they can't then they go. You can say the same for Preston Williams, he technically is a criminal that went undrafted but he not playing because he is injured. So the fact that he getting a chance makes sense.

The idea of trading Drake now makes less sense now with what Walton did specially since Ballage hasn't prove that he is worth keeping. Still don't like Drake but Ballage isn't it.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:00 pm

Ballage now has the remainder of the season to prove something, anything at all other than what he has done thus far.  I hope he takes it seriously.

Add RB to the list of major holes.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:07 pm

QB, RB, OL, DL, Secondary, LB is there anything else

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:24 am

Davie police say around 4:15 a.m. Tuesday, the unnamed victim and Walton got into an argument. Walton ultimately pushed his girlfriend “against a wall and punched her several times in the head and face,” according to the police report, leaving the victim with swelling on her left eye.

She was five weeks pregnant with their child, and had told Walton about the pregnancy Sunday.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article237532529.html

first, i think it must not be understated just how much of a piece of shit this guy must be to beat the crap out of a pregnant woman. complete disgrace - he deserves significant jail time. there is no excuse...just walk away.

second, i ask myself "why?" why would a guy that had 3 previous arrest, lose his nfl job and then get a second chance only fuck it up again? how could he be so stupid?

...in March when officers found an illegally concealed 9 mm carbine rifle with several loaded clips and marijuana in a rented BMW registered to Walton, which he allegedly fled during a traffic stop in Miami-Dade County.

The other two arrests both came with misdemeanor charges. In February, Walton was arrested on a charge of misdemeanor battery after he got into an argument with a couple in his Miami condo [over a parking spot]. In January, he was arrested for misdemeanor marijuana possession.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article233389812.html

i think DolFan must be right. because this guy was never actually held accountable for his actions, he never learned a lesson. of course this assumes he ever would learn a lesson and take responsibility for his actions. more likely he would blame society and the police and never really come to terms with his behavior.

you would think a guy whose nfl employment was so tenuous would've been so careful as not to make any misstep and do anything to keep his noise clean and away from any possible interaction with the police...

Court records show that Walton was pulled over by Davie police last month for allegedly driving 54 in a 25 mph zone...

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article237532529.html

but no, even while this whole supposedly turning his life around was taking place, he was still out there behaving irresponsible. i guess some people will never learn.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:50 am

All that talent wasted on a scumbag like that.....Very disappointing

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:01 am

Yeah, it really makes you wonder what's going through his mind. It's pretty simple, really: if you don't carry guns and drugs, and don't beat up women, you can make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year - even millions - playing football. It's mind-boggling that someone could throw away this opportunity by being such a stupid fuckup.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:37 am

JMP wrote:Yeah, it really makes you wonder what's going through his mind.  It's pretty simple, really: if you don't carry guns and drugs, and don't beat up women, you can make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year - even millions - playing football.  It's mind-boggling that someone could throw away this opportunity by being such a stupid fuckup.  

Except that many many players DO make 6-7 figures playing sports despite doing all those things, because they're constantly sent the message starting as far back as puberty and even before that the rules don't apply to them because they're "special" and "above" the other "normies". And if I'm a criminal who still manages to get hired to do a 6-7 figure job, then what's my incentive to ever change? That is my whole point. That is why society has it backwards--make people prove they actually have changed first and then hire them. Otherwise it's just enabling which in fact makes their life situation worse.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:53 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Yeah, it really makes you wonder what's going through his mind.  It's pretty simple, really: if you don't carry guns and drugs, and don't beat up women, you can make hundreds of thousands of dollars a year - even millions - playing football.  It's mind-boggling that someone could throw away this opportunity by being such a stupid fuckup.  

Except that many many players DO make 6-7 figures playing sports despite doing all those things, because they're constantly sent the message starting as far back as puberty and even before that the rules don't apply to them because they're "special" and "above" the other "normies". And if I'm a criminal who still manages to get hired to do a 6-7 figure job, then what's my incentive to ever change? That is my whole point. That is why society has it backwards--make people prove they actually have changed first and then hire them. Otherwise it's just enabling which in fact makes their life situation worse.  

Well, yeah, tons of athletes get away with that stuff...but only if they're good enough. Mark Walton was a fringe NFL player who fortunately for him signed with a team that would actually give him an opportunity to play and earn a shitload of $$$...and he threw it all away. This opportunity with the Dolphins was his incentive to change...because it was his final chance to be an NFL player.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:14 pm

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:15 am

Degarmo wrote:Some people just want to watch the world burn.

unfortunately for him his world is the only thing that is burning

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down