The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fitzpatrick

+2
JEGnj
CarsonChris
6 posters

Go down

Fitzpatrick  Empty Fitzpatrick

Post by CarsonChris Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:46 pm

Dolphins need to pay Fitz some money. Dude is a baller! Love watching him play!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Fitzpatrick  Empty Re: Fitzpatrick

Post by JEGnj Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:49 pm

Frustrating year. Miami is not a good team and not close to a playoff contender but the NFL is so bad this year we play tough against the bad teams that will cost of the top draft positions.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:26 pm

CarsonChris wrote:Dolphins need to pay Fitz some money. Dude is a baller! Love watching him play!

Fitz is already under contract for next year, so no need to pay him - but I agree, I love watching him play - win or lose. He's getting absolutely no help at all from this horrendous OL and on-existent running game, but he just goes out there and plays his ass off on every down. He's got the heart of a lion.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:48 pm

I have no enjoyment watch Fitz lead a scrub team against the worst teams in the league costing draft picks.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:31 am

I'm hoping he wants to coach. Let's make this his last stop as a player, and then get him as our QB coach.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:44 am

white1 wrote:I'm hoping he wants to coach.  Let's make this his last stop as a player, and then get him as our QB coach.

That's...actually a damn good idea cheers cheers cheers Thanks for making me feel a *little* better White1 Very Happy

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:54 am

JEGnj wrote:I have no enjoyment watch Fitz lead a scrub team against the worst teams in the league costing draft picks.

That the reason you should enjoy it. Fitz has no real players around him and they still won three games. The Bengals have a full squad and they are 1-13.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:35 am

Fitz is Miami’s offense

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:59 am

JEGnj wrote:I have no enjoyment watch Fitz lead a scrub team against the worst teams in the league costing draft picks.

Draft position doesn't even matter so much anymore now that Tua is hurt. We weren't going to get #1 overall, and everyone after Burrow looks like a major project at QB. We may still be able to get Tua if he gets a reasonably clean bill of health, and beyond that I don't see this as a very top-heavy draft. Chase Young would be nice if he decides to come out, but I think there are a lot of pass rushers in this class and it's not the end of the world if we don't get him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:36 am

Yeah, I am still thinking we take Tua. Even if we pick at #3 or 4. I know it's probably too early, but with a franchise QB I'm of the opinion you don't wait, and you don't play around thinking you can get him later. That kind of strategy too often finds another team swooping in out of nowhere to get him.

Injury risk aside, he has elite QB traits like accuracy, and the leadership qualities to go with it. You take him, and you make sure your backup is high quality to protect against the injury concerns.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:50 am

If Grier actually takes Tua with the first pick, he should be fired on the spot. I'm not even joking.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:52 am

For Miami to take Tua in the first round would mean that he is capable of playing without getting injured which is a possibility but I feel like he would be a mid-round pick because everyone would be scared of his injury

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:32 pm

white1 wrote:Yeah, I am still thinking we take Tua.  Even if we pick at #3 or 4.  I know it's probably too early, but with a franchise QB I'm of the opinion you don't wait, and you don't play around thinking you can get him later.  That kind of strategy too often finds another team swooping in out of nowhere to get him.

Injury risk aside, he has elite QB traits like accuracy, and the leadership qualities to go with it.  You take him, and you make sure your backup is high quality to protect against the injury concerns.

I agree. If Tua gets the green light, he's a top 10 pick and the Phins should just take him as soon as they can. Like I said, I'm not sold on any other players after Burrow in the top 5 anyway. But when the franchise QB is there, you don't wait - you take him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down