The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NFL Wildcard Weekend

+2
rightchea
CarsonChris
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NFL Wildcard Weekend  - Page 2 Empty Re: NFL Wildcard Weekend

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:37 am

The truly scary part is that McCown actually played the best of the three 40something QBs this weekend Shocked Shocked Shocked

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:37 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:I think all of the winners this weekend will lose (and likely lose big) next weekend.  I think there's a considerable gap between these teams and the teams that had the bye.

I disagree. It wouldn't surprise me to see all four winners lose, but it also wouldn't surprise me to see any of the Vikings, Seahawks or Texans win. The only playoff result that would genuinely shock me going forward is Titans over Ravens. The 49ers are the NFC's version of the Pats, a team that started off looking dominant but faded significantly down the stretch and only got a 1 seed due to what seemed like 3-4 EXTREMELY lucky wins in the final 8 games. They don't look anywhere near as good as they did through the first 8-9 games. That kind of team loses their first playoff game more often than not. The Seahawks can certainly beat the Packers, and Andy Reid has choked so many playoff games away I can see the Texans winning as well. None of those teams should be favored by more than 4, even at home.

Yeah, I just don't see it...especially in the AFC. The Ravens will trounce the Titans...especially when they jump out to an early lead and force Tennessee to rely on Tannehill's passing. I still don't trust the Chiefs' D despite their recent good play, but the Texans are a mediocre team IMO. That game would have been over at the half if the Bills were able to find the endzone...and you can bet the Chiefs will.

(Speaking of the Texans...I haven't verified this, but I read somewhere that Laremy Tunsil has more false start penalties this season than the entire Miami Dolphins team! I just found that to be hilarious, assuming it's true.)

The NFC games should be better, but I don't see Aaron Rodgers losing at home and I don't see Kirk Cousins doing much against that 49ers' defensive front.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:38 am

DolFan 316 wrote:The truly scary part is that McCown actually played the best of the three 40something QBs this weekend Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yeah, he actually looked pretty good, all things considered.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:38 pm

Interesting take on this wild card round as compared to other years. Turns out it really was as exciting as I thought Smile

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2020/wild-card-quick-reads

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2