The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double down?

+3
JMP
rightchea
CarsonChris
7 posters

Go down

Double down?  Empty Double down?

Post by CarsonChris Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:07 am

I’m starting to like the idea of doubling down on a QB pick. Tua or Hebert with our first selection and say Eason/Love in the second round.

We’ve been without a franchise QB for 20 years. Time to tak advantage of all these picks.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Double down?  Empty Re: Double down?

Post by rightchea Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:43 am

if Miami is going to double down on a QB then I would definitely try to trade down add in some more picks. Miami has a lot of money to spend and I wouldn't be surprised if Miami didn't blow the bank on some expensive ass player but get a bunch of good to average players that would take less money with some upsides.

IMO, Miami has a good coaching staff that could coach up players that are average and make them great or good enough to get the team to the playoffs.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:48 am

I love the idea, but really it only makes sense if the team moves on from Rosen. Teams hardly ever carry more than 2 QBs these days, let alone 4.

But for the record, I'm perfectly fine with dumping Rosen and doubling down in the draft!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:26 am

Miami doubling down would make sense only if Fitz is gone. Most teams hold at least three QB. but if Miami is willing to draft two QB I go after this Cole McDonald from Hawaii. He raw be he has talent and he is a dual threat....

Don't forget that Colt Brennen didn't really get a chance to show what he had when he came out of Hawaii either

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:41 am

Whenever I think of Hawaii QBs, I think of Timmy Chang.  He was not NFL-caliber, but he was one of the most entertaining college QBs to watch.  In that pass-heavy run and shoot June Jones offense, Chang used to throw the ball all over the yard and put up tons of points every game.  I used to love to watch him when ESPN would show the late-night Hawaii games.  I know Umix used to like Chang too...

Anyway, if we are going to draft a late-round developmental QB to compete with Jake Rudock, Cole McDonald would be a good choice.

Last edited by JMP on Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:19 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:17 am

Hawaii actually had quite the luck at QB during the first decade of this century...

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/hawaii/passing.html

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:16 pm

The Fins need to do their homework and find if they want the QB this year or next year(hopefully NOT Tua) If they like someone this year make the move and get them. If they want next year then trade away and get picks next year for ammo.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:42 pm

JEGnj wrote:The Fins need to do their homework and find if they want the QB this year or next year(hopefully NOT Tua) If they like someone this year make the move and get them. If they want next year then trade away and get picks next year for ammo.

Can't wait till next year. Next year at QB there's Trevor Lawrence, and everybody else. What if Lawrence gets hurt during the season? What if he decides not to declare for the draft? And then, if he is in the draft, whichever team picks #1 is not going to pass on Lawrence...and if they do, it's going to cost an absolute FORTUNE to get to #1 from where the Phins will be picking.

The "wait till next year" strategy doesn't work...because what if "next year" doesn't work out the way you hoped? Then you have to wait for the next year. And on and on.

Strike while the target is in sight. We have a chance to get the best QB in this draft, either by staying at 5 or moving up a few spots. We may never have another opportunity like this. Get it done and build a champion once and for all. No excuses.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:29 pm

Double down?  39

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Degarmo wrote:Double down?  39

I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at that beast! (But it's probably delicious! LOL)

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Jan 10, 2020 5:04 am

JMP wrote:I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at that beast!  (But it's probably delicious!  LOL)

I was about to say, if it looks that bad in the publicity picture, imagine how gross it would look in real life Shocked Shocked Shocked

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:10 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:I can feel my arteries clogging just looking at that beast!  (But it's probably delicious!  LOL)

I was about to say, if it looks that bad in the publicity picture, imagine how gross it would look in real life  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:17 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

I was about to say, if it looks that bad in the publicity picture, imagine how gross it would look in real life  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

Oh I had one when it first came out. That was a waste of money

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:29 pm

KFC just took the lead on my new favorite breakfast sandwich

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:31 pm

I would be good with that, though I doubt they do such a thing with an earlier pick. Still if it's the right guy they like why not take that shot?

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:22 pm

Forget drafting a QB at all, you just need to hand it off 40-50 times to win playoff games these days apparently. All you need from your QB is to throw a first half TD pass and then get out of the way and let the rest of the team do it's thing.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:04 pm

well if you have a tank-like henry then yeah that all you need to do but there isn't many RB that are coming out like Henry so find a QB that can do both

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down