The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double talking former GM

+5
JMP
Degarmo
finfanatic
CarsonChris
mercury22nathan
9 posters

Go down

Double talking former GM Empty Double talking former GM

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:12 am

on 12/30...

Will the Dolphins use their high draft picks to surround Tagovailoa with more talent to increase his chances of success? Or will Miami consider selecting a quarterback with the No. 3 overall selection in the first round of the next draft, as former executive vice president of football operations Mike Tannenbaum said they would on ESPN this week?

“If Justin Fields plays great over the next couple of weeks, he’ll be in the conversation both in Miami and at the Jets,” Tannenbaum said.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article248170795.html

not more than a week later...

ESPN analyst and former Miami Dolphins president/football operations Mike Tannenbaum said: “Tua had a winning record. We need context and patience here. Tua had major hip surgery a little over a calendar year ago. He had no offseason program, no OTAs, no preseason games. He had to learn on the fly and got Miami to the final weekend of almost making the playoffs.

Tannenbaum said with Tagovailoa, “you have hopefully your quarterback the next 10 years. You have the third pick because you made a great trade and now you can operate from a position of strength.”

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article247467050.html

it must be nice to be able to talk out of both sides of your ass and have no hold you accountable. no wonder Tannenbaum was a failure as a GM everywhere he went.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Double talking former GM Empty Re: Double talking former GM

Post by CarsonChris Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:46 pm

I go best wide receiver available. If Tiny Bubbles fails with the top receiver then we look at a new QB

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:46 pm

Well, I think the Phins could easily trade down a few spots, and STILL get a great WR.

The Panthers maybe? Who knows? I would not want to move down too far, but if the package is good enough.....

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:31 pm

Mike Tannenbaum is the Rudy Giuliani of football.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:11 pm

Degarmo wrote:Mike Tannenbaum is the Rudy Giuliani of football.

Damn, spot on.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:15 pm

Deshaun Watson rumors heating up.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:58 am

Umix10 wrote:Deshaun Watson rumors heating up.  

The rumor is based on absolutely nothing. Someone supposedly heard that Deshaun Watson might consider a trade to Miami. And that's it...nothing else to it. There is zero proof and zero reason to believe that a trade like would ever happen. It would go against everything Grier/Flores have tried to build.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:01 pm

Remember Sport magazine? This reminds me of back in the 80s where in that magazine it was stated that Shula was overrated and that Dan Marino was the only reason the Dolphins were relevant. The next issue stated that Marino was overrated and Shula was the reason they were any good. Laughing

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:30 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:08 pm

Killah Sith wrote:Remember Sport magazine?  This reminds me of back in the 80s where in that magazine it was stated that Shula was overrated and that Dan Marino was the only reason the Dolphins were relevant.  The next issue stated that Marino was overrated and Shula was the reason they were any good.  Laughing

I never read Sport, I was always an SI guy. The only time I paid any attention to Sport was when they came out with swimsuit issues before SI milked that to death. But yeah, that does seem hilarious Laughing

Reminds me of when SI came out with basically a written fellatio of Elway, which didn't even praise Elway as much as it bashed ALL the teammates he ever played with for being such pathetic losers that they held him back from being as awesome as he clearly was. The Broncos suffered their infamous upset playoff loss to the Jags a week later. I cannot make up that sort of irony.

And then there was the time SI decided to honor Shula on the cover...right before the 5-game losing streak to end '93. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:07 am

Make it happen. Tiny Bubbles bubble will burst in 2021 anyway. After reading the article in the Herald where the players don’t believe Tiny Bibbles should have been named the starter or why there’s competition at every position but QB?

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:17 am

CarsonChris wrote:Make it happen. Tiny Bubbles bubble will burst in 2021 anyway. After reading the article in the Herald where the players don’t believe Tiny Bibbles should have been named the starter or why there’s competition at every position but QB?

Wait, WHAAAAAAAT?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked I have GOT to see THIS!!!

If the players don't believe in Tua then all is lost and it's time to move on. I hope Flores and Grier are paying attention!!!

EDIT: Holy guacamole, CC is right!!!

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article248464745.html

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:59 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:Make it happen. Tiny Bubbles bubble will burst in 2021 anyway. After reading the article in the Herald where the players don’t believe Tiny Bibbles should have been named the starter or why there’s competition at every position but QB?

Wait, WHAAAAAAAT?!?! Shocked Shocked Shocked I have GOT to see THIS!!!

If the players don't believe in Tua then all is lost and it's time to move on. I hope Flores and Grier are paying attention!!!

EDIT: Holy guacamole, CC is right!!!

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article248464745.html

I still think Miami starting Tua was a reaction to Hebert’s record setting rookie performance. Fitzpatrick was the 7th ranked QB in the NFL when he got the hook. There was no reason to bench Fitzpatrick or play Tua except for trying to save face.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:19 am

Armando stirring up shit again. The dude is so bitter that he no longer has an insider in the building, so he just continues to try to make the team bad.

So three "anonymous" players complained?

Two of the players were on defense? Hmmm...I wonder if those defenders played in the last game of the season...you know, the game where the #1 scoring defense allowed the Bills to score 42 points? That must have been Tua's fault.

One of the players was on offense? Hmmm...I wonder if it was one of the receivers that played in the last game of the season...you know, the game where Miami receivers dropped a dozen passes? That must have been Tua's fault.

This stuff pisses me off. Don't air your dirty laundry. If this is even true - it's all meaningless and the selfish, gutless players involved need to look in the mirror. Fact is, we were one game away from making the playoffs this season...with a rookie QB starting 9 games. And the two losses that sealed our fate - Broncos and Bills - were games that the defense lost just as much as Tua and the offense did. So if anyone on this defense wants to whine like a little bitch about other players, maybe they need to GTFO or work a little harder.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:02 pm

For those that think Armando's clickbait trash article has any merit at all, consider this:

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2020/12/02/chiefs-tyreek-hill-patrick-mahomes-first-impression

Tyreek Hill and Patrick Mahomes form one hell of a duo. Since Mahomes took over as the Chiefs’ starting quarterback in 2018, Hill has blossomed into one of the NFL’s most explosive receivers and Kansas City’s prolific offense has dominated the league.

But Hill wasn’t sold on Mahomes when he first saw him in action. Appearing on Inside the NFL, Hill admitted that he thought Mahomes was “trash” at their first training camp together.

“I thought he was trash, I ain’t gonna cap,” Hill said. “When he first got there, I was like, ‘This who y’all drafted right here?’”

Hill eventually came around on his new QB, though.

“That second year, his quarterback mechanics were different,” Hill added. “It was like he was spending more time with his quarterback coach, spending more time with Coach Reid, learning the offense. It was different.”

Wait a minute...is Hill actually saying that a young QB can improve from year to year??? WOW! Shocked

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:43 pm

I just love it when Jmp gets all worked up cheers Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:52 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I just love it when Jmp gets all worked up cheers Razz

LOL I'm not really worked up...just tired of the way all media today does nothing but recycle fake news. I mean, think about it...a completely non-factual article on FanDuel of all places has the entire football world talking about Watson to the Dolphins. No need for evidence anymore...just push it on social media and the bullshit spreads like wildfire.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:19 am

The Hill - Mahomes analogy is brilliant and spot-on. Exactly - and I mean EXACTLY - what these players in Miami are experiencing.

Patience. I'm not saying 7-years-waiting-on-Tanny patience but damn lets give the guy more than a half season before we start digging the "bust" grave.

Regarding Tannehill, he's still good-but-not-great. The Titans needed him in the fourth quarter. Had to have a first down. He locked on and threw to a journeyman in double coverage who couldn't make the catch. AJ Brown was running open on the other side of the field, hand up knowing he was open against single coverage. Never saw him.

We made the right move. Dare for greatness. Otherwise it's 7-9 forever...
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:41 pm

white1 wrote:Patience.  I'm not saying 7-years-waiting-on-Tanny patience but damn lets give the guy more than a half season before we start digging the "bust" grave.

Why wait for rigor mortis to set in when the body's already dead? Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:45 pm

white1 wrote:The Hill - Mahomes analogy is brilliant and spot-on.  Exactly - and I mean EXACTLY - what these players in Miami are experiencing.

Patience.  I'm not saying 7-years-waiting-on-Tanny patience but damn lets give the guy more than a half season before we start digging the "bust" grave.

Regarding Tannehill, he's still good-but-not-great.  The Titans needed him in the fourth quarter.  Had to have a first down.  He locked on and threw to a journeyman in double coverage who couldn't make the catch.  AJ Brown was running open on the other side of the field, hand up knowing he was open against single coverage.  Never saw him.

We made the right move.  Dare for greatness.  Otherwise it's 7-9 forever...

Yep. Right on.

Regarding Tannehill...his success is a product of that offense. Nearly every pass play is based on playaction, so Tannehill sees almost no pass rush as the opposing D always plays the run. That also leaves receivers wide open. Yes, Tannehill has put up amazing stats...but really, he's in a pitch-and-catch offense that revolves around Henry. Whenever the Titans are down big or need to go pass-heavy, the game is over - because as nice as Tannehill's numbers look, he's really not very good when there is no threat of a running game.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down