The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LSU QB Joe Burrow Wants to Get Drafted by 'Whoever Wants to Pay Me Money'

4 posters

Go down

LSU QB Joe Burrow Wants to Get Drafted by 'Whoever Wants to Pay Me Money' Empty LSU QB Joe Burrow Wants to Get Drafted by 'Whoever Wants to Pay Me Money'

Post by rightchea Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:19 am

Tyler Conway wrote:Joe Burrow wants to be a Cincinnati Bengal.
As long as the check clears.
The presumed No. 1 overall pick was asked about returning to his home state during LSU's visit to the White House and said he's more than happy going anywhere next season, presuming they pay him.
"Whoever wants to pay me money to play the game of football, I'll play for 'em. It doesn't matter to me," Burrow said, per Josh Wingrove of Bloomberg.
Luckily for Burrow, it's been a long time since an NFL team has had trouble making payroll.
Barring a surprise decision from Cincinnati, the reigning Heisman winner should also make the most money of any player in his class when he's the No. 1 overall pick in April. Burrow is coming off perhaps the greatest season in college football history, throwing for 5,671 yards and an FBS-record 60 touchdowns against six interceptions while leading LSU to a national championship.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2872099-lsu-qb-joe-burrow-wants-to-get-drafted-by-whoever-wants-to-pay-me-money

This reminds me of someone:

LSU QB Joe Burrow Wants to Get Drafted by 'Whoever Wants to Pay Me Money' Source

Yeah, I know he is technically better than Manziel but why make a comment knowing that you are going to get paid with whatever NFL team you are on. I hope he not thinking about holding out to make more money

rightchea

Back to top Go down

LSU QB Joe Burrow Wants to Get Drafted by 'Whoever Wants to Pay Me Money' Empty Re: LSU QB Joe Burrow Wants to Get Drafted by 'Whoever Wants to Pay Me Money'

Post by JMP Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:57 pm

Well, at least the Dolphins won't have to worry about him!

More often than not, these players are better off not saying anything.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

LSU QB Joe Burrow Wants to Get Drafted by 'Whoever Wants to Pay Me Money' Empty Re: LSU QB Joe Burrow Wants to Get Drafted by 'Whoever Wants to Pay Me Money'

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:06 am

Burrow and Manziel are nowhere near alike as people. I interpreted Burrow's statement as him being happy that some team is going to be paying him to do something he loves (football) as opposed to "show me the money!" style Manziel mugging. It may have even been something his PR people told him to say to dispel any notion that he might refuse to play for the Bengals or certain other teams who drafted him. Surely Burrow is smart enough to realize that draft salaries are slotted now according to pick order and nobody's getting the kind of money rookies did 15 years ago.

At any rate, it would hardly be the dumbest thing any athlete has said this month, let alone ever.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:35 pm

"I like'did the scripps clubs."

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:10 pm

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down