The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fins Want Burrow

+3
CarsonChris
Degarmo
DolFan 316
7 posters

Go down

Fins Want Burrow Empty Fins Want Burrow

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:12 pm

They're going to go for it at least. Just like I'd hoped Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Fins Want Burrow Empty Re: Fins Want Burrow

Post by Degarmo Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:18 pm

If they ask for what AJ Hawk said, all Top 6 picks and one next year, I'll pass.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:28 pm

Degarmo wrote:If they ask for what AJ Hawk said, all Top 6 picks and one next year, I'll pass.

I would pass too at that price, but at least the intent to move up to one is there. At least they're going to try, and that's all I asked them to do. Even making an offer that's rejected is better than just sitting around at #5 watching the one franchise QB of this draft get taken.

IMO it's either trade up to #1 or don't trade up at all.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:00 pm

How many years of garbage QB play should we endure? How many second round picks have we wasted? How many trades? How many years should we continue without a franchise QB? In the scheme of things consider every pick wasted until we have a franchise QB!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:07 pm

CarsonChris wrote:How many years of garbage QB play should we endure? How many second round picks have we wasted? How many trades? How many years should we continue without a franchise QB? In the scheme of things consider every pick wasted until we have a franchise QB!  

HA!!! PREACH AWN, BRUTHA!!! TELLING IT LIKE IT IS!!! cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:44 am

I think this is all a smokescreen. Pure speculation and guessing. There's no way the Phins are going to let any info out before the draft.

This "report" originated from Armando, who no longer has any contacts inside the Dolphins building and has resorted to writing to his own agenda (anti-Tua) and throwing crap against the wall. Fake news.

If anything, I think this story tells us that the Phins don't want Burrow at all.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:20 am

I was waiting for you to reply Smile Even if I completely disagree with what you say, the fact you replied makes me happy Very Happy cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:27 am

Joe Burrow is gonna be a bust mark my words. He reminds me of a Ryan Leaf or a David Carr. Was all the hype in college but sucks in the NFL. would not trade away my first round picks for Burrow. Burrow is a backup QB that went to a school that had no starting QB

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:15 pm

Get the franchise QB. It is that simple. Without a franchise QB, everything else is moving deck chairs on the Titanic.

If they think Burrows is the real deal.... Do it.

I am betting they don't have enough stones to make the trade, but.... If they do it, Burrows BETTER be a surefire HOF Franchise QB.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:45 pm

rightchea wrote:Joe Burrow is gonna be a bust mark my words. He reminds me of a Ryan Leaf or a David Carr. Was all the hype in college but sucks in the NFL. would not trade away my first round picks for Burrow. Burrow is a backup QB that went to a school that had no starting QB

I'm not going to say that Burrow will be a bust, but there are red flags: one-year wonder, questionable attitude and maturity level, some concerns about arm strength (and hand size, if you're into that). I'd gladly take a flyer on him if the price was right, but no way am I trading a zillion picks for him.

Tua at 3 or 5 - that's my story and I'm sticking with it! Cool And yes, there are questions about Tua's long-term health - but it won't cost as much to get him as it would Burrow, and all things being equal Tua is the better prospect.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:46 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:I was waiting for you to reply Smile Even if I completely disagree with what you say, the fact you replied makes me happy Very Happy cheers

Oh, I'm sure the Phins have inquired/will inquire about trading to 1. I just don't think they are willing to pay the price. And I don't believe a thing Armando says since Grier/Flores took charge.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:21 pm

There is no reason to Ricky Williams a draft anymore. No one is that important, not even a franchise QB. Fouts/Marino were both Hall of Famers with no rings because they never had a full team. That can happen over and over again. You need lots of good/great players to be special.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:19 pm

exactly with the way QB are, you can find a really good one in the lower rounds or a bust in the first. It really depends on the coaching and the player themselves.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:10 pm

All you guys who think Burrow will be a bust are giving me much-needed laughs. Now all of a sudden he's got a bad attitude and maturity level? The next Ryan Leaf? Come on, man Laughing Laughing Laughing

I also have yet to receive an adequate explanation as to why trading up to #1 is bad, but trading up to #2 is perfectly fine, when it would only be slightly less expensive.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:47 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:All you guys who think Burrow will be a bust are giving me much-needed laughs. Now all of a sudden he's got a bad attitude and maturity level? The next Ryan Leaf? Come on, man Laughing Laughing Laughing

I also have yet to receive an adequate explanation as to why trading up to #1 is bad, but trading up to #2 is perfectly fine, when it would only be slightly less expensive.

There are absolutely questions about Burrow's attitude and maturity - pretty obvious if you've followed him this offseason. It's not necessarily a negative - but something to consider for sure.

Trading up to 1 isn't "bad" - it's just going to cost a boatload of picks. The Dolphins will trade picks - but they're not going to trade away everything. The days of the Phins getting ripped off in trades are over.

If anything I think the Phins might trade up to 3, and the cost won't be that high. When all is said and done I don't think the Bengals or Skins are going to trade their picks.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:49 am

DolFan 316 wrote:All you guys who think Burrow will be a bust are giving me much-needed laughs. Now all of a sudden he's got a bad attitude and maturity level? The next Ryan Leaf? Come on, man Laughing Laughing Laughing

I not totally sure about his attitude but Ryan Leaf was a one year wonder just like Burrow. I remember seeing Ryan Leaf play when I was little and he wasn't great but the system that he was in made him look good. I see this in Burrow. He was beaten out twice at Ohio State and he moves on to LSU and becomes great. System QB

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:17 am

rightchea wrote:Joe Burrow is gonna be a bust mark my words. He reminds me of a Ryan Leaf or a David Carr. Was all the hype in college but sucks in the NFL. would not trade away my first round picks for Burrow. Burrow is a backup QB that went to a school that had no starting QB

Joe Birrow is going to be a bust in Canton.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:22 pm

It may be a moot point because I do believe Cincy is locked in on Burrow.

So hard to know for sure though. Grier and Flores are smoke screening and I cannot tell which way they want to go. Parcells influence for sure, and then add Belichek and you're not going to hear anything credible out of this camp regarding our draft plans.

I'm thrilled to watch live. Cannot wait to see how it plays out!

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:56 am

I just don't want Miami to try to go all in for a QB it doesn't work out and then Miami like oh well I guess we can take Tua and make him feel like he was a secondary choice

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down