The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dumb coaches

+2
rightchea
mercury22nathan
6 posters

Go down

dumb coaches Empty dumb coaches

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:41 am

don't ya just love hearing the old stories about how stupid the Phin's coaches have been.

Chiefs and former Dolphins running back Damien Williams told NFL Network’s Jim Trotter that he’s bothered by the fact that Adam Gase initially told him the team planned to re-sign him after the 2017 season, but then didn’t answer or return his calls after Williams sustained a shoulder injury that required surgery that season.

“That really hurt,” Williams said. “I was there four years and gave Miami my all. I still have not spoken to him to this day. That hurt me because me and Gase were cool.”

Gase told Trotter that he regrets how Williams’ Dolphins career ended.

“I’m super happy for the guy. He played his ass off for me,” Gase said. “Do I wish I would have handled it better? Yeah. Looking back on it, I wish I would have handled it differently. I hate the fact that I haven’t talked to him.”

Gase said he would call Williams after the Super Bowl.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article239781508.html

it never ceases to amaze me just how much of a classless ass Gase is. if i'm Williams he and tried to call me now, i don't pick up the phone.

and one we've all heard over and over again before.

Don’t mention former Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt around NFL great Anquan Boldin unless you want to get him agitated.

WINZ-940’s Jeff DeForrest asked Boldin about Wannstedt selecting linebacker Eddie Moore 49th overall in the 2003 draft, five spots before Arizona picked Boldin. While Boldin became a three-time Pro Bowler, Moore played in just 18 career games.

“Don’t bring that up,” Boldin scolded DeForrest, good naturedly. “How smart was that? I talked with one of the coaches there who told me, ‘we were picking you and on draft day, Wannstedt said I’m changing the pick to Eddie Moore.’ The wide receivers coach walked out of the room. He was so [angry]. He wanted to take me.”

what an idiot. as if passing on Drew Brees for Jamar Fletcher two years prior wasn't bad enough. imagine what could've been...Brees to Boldin with Ricky Williams in the backfield!!

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

dumb coaches Empty Re: dumb coaches

Post by rightchea Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:01 am

There nothing to really say about how bad Miami coaching staff has been over the years and how horrible Miami has been because of bad coaching. Hopefully this coaching staff will not have the same ignorance as the other coaching staff over the years.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:11 am

Gase is just a piece of shit, plain and simple. Not a good person, at all, and he has no idea how to deal with players.

Wanny, on the other hand, was a good dude...but dumb as a box of rocks when it came to making personnel decisions.

Brees, Boldin and Ricky on the same team??? Shocked WOW.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:33 am

Don't forget that this team could've had Russell Wilson AND Luke Kuechly in the same draft.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:52 pm

it sad that Miami could have been such a better team years ago

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:17 pm

Yeah, I STILL could beat Wannstedt with a dead cat for being such a dip wad!!!

Man, some of those moves he made were just GAG-A-MAGGOT stupid!

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:38 pm

finfanatic wrote:Yeah, I STILL could beat Wannstedt with a dead cat for being such a dip wad!!!

Those first two Wannstedt seasons will always make me think of what could have been...

It's really a shame because JJ left Wannstedt with a really strong team. All we needed at that time was a decent QB...but no, we had to have Jay Fucking Fiedler. Evil or Very Mad

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:33 pm

JMP wrote:
finfanatic wrote:Yeah, I STILL could beat Wannstedt with a dead cat for being such a dip wad!!!

Those first two Wannstedt seasons will always make me think of what could have been...

It's really a shame because JJ left Wannstedt with a really strong team.  All we needed at that time was a decent QB...but no, we had to have Jay Fucking Fiedler.  Evil or Very Mad

I know I've said it before, but just imagine if we could have hired Dick Vermeil right after the Rams pushed him out a month after JJ's retirement. He built a great offense everywhere he went, and the defense and ST's were already in place here in 2000. He built a phenomenal offense in KC despite pedestrian WR's, and around Priest Holmes (who cost a Hell of a lot less than Ricky did here).

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down