The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McD firing a lot of lower rung coaches

4 posters

Go down

McD firing a lot of lower rung coaches Empty McD firing a lot of lower rung coaches

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:30 am

After news of Miami Dolphins defensive coordinator Vic Fangio and offensive assistant Kolby Smith parting ways with the team, there have been more coaching moves.

According to NFL Network’s Cameron Wolfe, the Dolphins have also moved on from offensive assistants Ricardo Allen and Mike Judge as well as assistant special teams coach Brendan Farrell.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2024/01/25/report-dolphins-move-on-from-coaches-ricardo-allen-mike-judge-and-brendan-farrell/

a sign of improvement (hopefully) or scapegoating?

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

McD firing a lot of lower rung coaches Empty Re: McD firing a lot of lower rung coaches

Post by JMP Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:52 am

McDaniel doesn't need to "scapegoat" anyone on offense. These moves are a combination of getting rid of some of the Flores leftovers and looking to improve the staff IMO. Hopefully he also dumps the STs coach, but we'll see.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

McD firing a lot of lower rung coaches Empty Re: McD firing a lot of lower rung coaches

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:57 am

Unless he fires Crossman, I'm not taking any of these other sacrifices firings seriously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Jan 25, 2024 12:41 pm

Assistant DL coach Kenny Baker is headed University of Texas to be their DL coach. Nice promotion for him!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:44 pm

Baker joined Miami’s staff in 2023. On Tuesday, the Senior Bowl announced that he would be representing Miami and coaching defensive linemen in Mobile.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article284683621.html

with the move to Texas, i guess he won't be doing that anymore. while obviously not critical, its always nice to have someone from the Phins staff coaching at the Senior Bowl to get any inside scoop on players.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Jan 25, 2024 2:46 pm

Yeah, if McD keeps Crosman....

I don't know. How can you believe a HC who fires other coachs but keeps a dinglefruit in charge of one of the worst STs in the NFL is doing what he considers in the best interests of the Miami Dolphins??

I tell you... these sorts of things always make me think of Dave Dumbstedt's tenure in Miami... to the point I have to cross myself and spin twice in a circle and spit over my left shoulder to ward off the stench of stupidity just thinking about Dumbstedt can bring about!!!

At what point does a HC whose actions do not match his words officially LOSE THE TEAM??

He can talk about winning and making the players better and bringing about sustained winning, but if he is protecting the STs coach who has sucked dead donkey arse for two years consecutively, I don't know if I would believe him either!!!
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down