The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade For Dak?

+2
JMP
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

Trade For Dak?  Empty Trade For Dak?

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:26 pm

It would certainly be a wild, crazy, outside the box move...

I like the three-way trade with the Bengals and Lions for Burrow a lot better but what if Grier thinks trading for Dak better than taking Tua, Herbert, Love, etc.? He wouldn't actually be wrong to think that, either. And this team could certainly afford him...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2020/story/_/id/29018757/2020-nfl-mock-draft-all-trades-32-picks-32-trades-bill-barnwell

Just remember who posted this first if it actually winds up happening Cool

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Trade For Dak?  Empty Re: Trade For Dak?

Post by JMP Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:37 pm

No.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:42 pm

Now why did I think you'd be the one person to be adamantly against this? Razz

I have no idea if this will happen or not, but you've got to admit that it certainly doesn't seem as if Dak has a long term future with the Cowboys. And you've also got to admit that lately several players in his situation have been traded at the drop of a hat. It's my assertion that Dak will wind up being traded to *somebody* and it better not be the Pats Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:02 pm

Too much money and it would cost too many draft picks. Hard to build a team when you pay one guy that much money.

I also think there's zero chance of the Cowboys trading him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:50 am

JMP wrote:Too much money and it would cost too many draft picks.  Hard to build a team when you pay one guy that much money.

I also think there's zero chance of the Cowboys trading him.

I agree. The key to the league now is getting a great QB on his rookie deal and build the team around him with the money. Plus it's not like the Fins are one or two guys away either.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:44 pm

Cowboys would be insane to bring in McCarthy specifically to develop a young QB, and then let said young QB go.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:54 am

If the Cowboys want to get rid of Dak they won't want the world for him but I would expect a first round pick most likely 18 or 26. I have to agree that Dak is gonna be way too much money. Dak also is not gonna sit behind Fitz for a year either.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:17 am

rightchea wrote:If the Cowboys want to get rid of Dak they won't want the world for him but I would expect a first round pick most likely 18 or 26. I have to agree that Dak is gonna be way too much money. Dak also is not gonna sit behind Fitz for a year either.

Well, if we got Dak he'd be the starter - Fitz would be the #2.

But the Cowboys aren't trading Dak. They are trying to build a contender, and they're pretty close - they aren't trading their QB and destroying the process.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:04 pm

no thanks. Dak was a nice feel-good story when Romo got hurt, but i kind get the feeling he's close to (if he hasn't already reached it) his ceiling. and he's going to be way overpaid.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:02 pm

He really doesn't have any support besides Elliott, and Cooper. he needs some more weapons out there to throw too. I think Dak would do good in Miami with the weapons they have but he not worth the price.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:05 pm

Prescott bears some responsibility for Dallas' failures the past 2 years, but not the lion's share of it. That goes to Garrett, who is just a mediocre HC who couldn't get much of anything done despite having two above average QB's. Hell, two who have been better than anyone we've had since Marino truthfully. McCarthy has his shortcomings, but he's won it all before and has been consistently successful as a HC. We will find out Dak's potential in the next 2 years IMO.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down