The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raekwon McMillan traded to Raiders

+2
DolFan 316
JMP
6 posters

Go down

Raekwon McMillan traded to Raiders Empty Raekwon McMillan traded to Raiders

Post by JMP Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:18 pm

https://phinphanatic.com/2020/08/29/miami-dolphins-trade-raekwon-mcmillan-las-vegas-raiders/

the Miami Dolphins have traded Raekwon McMillan to the AFC West team.

In return for McMillan, who has spent the past three seasons with the Dolphins, Miami received the Raiders’ 2021 fourth-round pick for McMillan and will also send a 5th round pick in 2021 to the Raiders.

Sucks that we basically gave him away, but it sounded like he was in danger of getting cut anyway, and he's a free agent after the season.

The worst thing you can be in this defense is one-dimensional, and that's exactly what McMillan was. He was a run stopper, and that's it. Awful in coverage.

By all accounts, former Patriot Elandon Roberts has been kicking ass in camp, and he made McMillan expendable.

Oh well...another failed high pick bites the dust.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Raekwon McMillan traded to Raiders Empty Re: Raekwon McMillan traded to Raiders

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:20 pm

Is Grier still the GM? Because it's his recent draft picks that keep getting traded away. I still don't trust him Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:26 pm

One day they'll just let us pick their friggin' draft for them.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:52 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Is Grier still the GM? Because it's his recent draft picks that keep getting traded away. I still don't trust him Evil or Very Mad

McMillan was drafted in 2017, when Tannenbaum was calling the shots. That 2017 draft class was godawful...that was the Charles Harris draft. Davon Godchaux was the only good pick, and possibly Isaiah Ford if he continues to develop.

Grier seems to be doing much better now that he has McKenzie, Allen and Flores with him. This 2020 class appears to be off to a great start, and of course it will be even better when Tua develops.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:33 pm

Plus collateral damage from coaching and scheme change. Happens to just about every roster when a new staff comes on board.

McMillan might play fine for the raiders depending on scheme.

In fact, in the role he played for us last year he was used effectively against the run. Eventually his coverage weakness was too much to cover for which prevented him from getting much time.

Bust? Yeah for 2nd round pick probably. But also a guy drafted by last coaching staff that doesn’t fit in our scheme
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:43 pm

white1 wrote:Plus collateral damage from coaching and scheme change. Happens to just about every roster when a new staff comes on board.

McMillan might play fine for the raiders depending on scheme.

In fact, in the role he played for us last year he was used effectively against the run. Eventually his coverage weakness was too much to cover for which prevented him from getting much time.

Bust? Yeah for 2nd round pick probably. But also a guy drafted by last coaching staff that doesn’t fit in our scheme

Yeah, if you need a run stuffer he's your man. Unfortunately for him, the new Dolphins scheme requires all defenders to be multi-dimensional, and that's just not his thing.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:02 am

JMP wrote:That 2017 draft class was godawful...

at least one of those draft picks is making a positive contribution to society...

And fifth-rounder Isaac Asiata was released last year and is now working in law enforcement in Salt Lake City.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article245000150.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:07 pm

Good for Isaac! Poor guy was never going to be a legit NFL player. Hope his new career works out for him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:35 pm

I'd really like to know if the '17 draft replaces the '06 draft as Hal's worst one in team history. I think it's got an excellent case.

You know a draft was terribad when a 7th rounder who's barely played is one of only two picks still with the team four seasons later Shocked Shocked Shocked

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:58 pm

Where is Hal??? scratch

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:08 pm

JMP wrote:Where is Hal???  scratch

I might have to make another "Is Everybody Okay?" thread. Weekly. That's how bad things are getting now.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:50 pm

Not a bad idea...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:14 pm

hey, I'm fine. My father passed away (not from Covid, he's been ill for awhile with other conditions) just last week and had been in hospice before that. I've been taking care of his situation for the last few months.

I think Godchaux alone is better than the 2006 draft, but 2017 sure is sucking at this point.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:18 pm

HalCHorn wrote:hey, I'm fine.  My father passed away (not from Covid, he's been ill for awhile with other conditions) just last week and had been in hospice before that.  I've been taking care of his situation for the last few months.

I think Godchaux alone is better than the 2006 draft, but 2017 sure is sucking at this point.

Sorry for your loss, I've been there. My dad died of dementia almost a decade ago now. I took care of him as long as I possibly could but he spent the last 2 years of his life in various nursing homes. The day he died I was actually bored out of my mind and stumbled onto Cannonball Run on TV and I was thinking to myself, "This is exactly the sort of movie dad loved watching" and then I got a phone call from my sister. As soon as I heard mom sobbing in the background I knew. I was told that he gave the nurse a big smile right before his soul left his body, and that actually makes me happy.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:25 pm

Thanks. Real life has been intruding on me lately. Ready to enjoy some football and hoping the SJW's don't ruin it the way they have other sports lately.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:36 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Thanks.  Real life has been intruding on me lately.  Ready to enjoy some football and hoping the SJW's don't ruin it the way they have other sports lately.

If you get disgusted with the current product there's always Maurence Shipley's Youtube channel. Lots of Fins games from '82 to '95, and they're complete broadcasts. He doesn't have every single one (the '85 Packers game is on my personal wish list) but it's darn close.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:17 am

HalCHorn wrote:hey, I'm fine.  My father passed away (not from Covid, he's been ill for awhile with other conditions) just last week and had been in hospice before that.  I've been taking care of his situation for the last few months.

Very sorry for your loss, Hal. This year just continues to suck.

My mother-in-law passed away in April (cancer). She was in and out of hospitals, and my wife took care of her from January till then (while still working full-time). Caretaking really takes a toll...it's mentally and physically draining. Hopefully you'll get some time to rest and reflect, and get your own life back in order. It's not easy.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:57 pm

JMP wrote:

Very sorry for your loss, Hal.  This year just continues to suck.

My mother-in-law passed away in April (cancer).  She was in and out of hospitals, and my wife took care of her from January till then (while still working full-time).  Caretaking really takes a toll...it's mentally and physically draining.  Hopefully you'll get some time to rest and reflect, and get your own life back in order.  It's not easy.

Sorry to hear about your mother in law JMP.  

Yeah, it's been draining, but he wasn't in any pain at the end and rested comfortably the last day, passed away quietly in his sleep.  Celebration of life is tomorrow and I'm looking forward to hearing all the stories from his friends (some of whom I haven't seen in 30 or more years) so there's much to take comfort in.  And there's a long weekend worth of rest after tomorrow.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:42 am

That's great to hear, Hal - at least you'll get some closure.

We never had a chance to do a "proper" mourning with the entire family because of Covid, but we are doing a small celebration of life in late September. I think my father-in-law really needs it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down