The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feeney traded

+2
finskev
mercury22nathan
6 posters

Go down

Feeney traded Empty Feeney traded

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:43 am

The Miami Dolphins are shipping veteran offensive lineman Dan Feeney to the Chicago Bears ahead of the deadline for NFL rosters to be cut down to 53 players.

According to multiple reports, the Dolphins will receive a 2024 sixth-round pick for the versatile interior lineman, who Miami signed this offseason to serve as the team's backup center.

The deal becomes official when/if Feeney, who has been nursing a leg injury since the spring, passes his physical.

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-trade-dan-feeney-to-chicago-bears

Eich and Uluave to compete for backup center?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Feeney traded Empty Re: Feeney traded

Post by finskev Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:54 am

Sun-Sentinel says We will have a 2.4 Million Dead Cap Hit for this Trade is that Worth a 6th Rd Pick?

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:01 am

We get a low pick, clear a little bit of money, and open a roster spot for one of our other OL players. That's the thinking here.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:35 am

Feeney's job became obsolete with the development of young players like Uluave and Cotton (and the currently injured Robert Jones). That's a good thing. I like the guy, but he just wasn't needed anymore. Hopefully he passes his physical so we actually get that 6th round pick.

I predict that the Phins will let Williams walk this offseason, and Uluave will be the young, cheap starting center moving forward.

As for Eich - as far as I know, he only got center reps in OTAs, which means nothing. I don't see any way he would be competing with Uluave for the backup center role. Uluave has that job locked down IMO.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:38 am

IDK who this Uvula guy is, but his and the Hayes release are two more black marks against whoever's in charge of evaluating O-line talent.

At this point they'd literally be better off fielding an O-line composed entirely of undrafted rookies. yes, I'm serious.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:44 am

DolFan 316 wrote:IDK who this Uvula guy is, but his and the Hayes release are two more black marks against whoever's in charge of evaluating O-line talent.

At this point they'd literally be better off fielding an O-line composed entirely of undrafted rookies. yes, I'm serious.

If Uluave becomes the starting center and plays well, how is that a bad thing? I'd call it an excellent thing - and it would absolutely be a great job by Grier and his staff, finding another hidden gem.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:53 am

JMP wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:IDK who this Uvula guy is, but his and the Hayes release are two more black marks against whoever's in charge of evaluating O-line talent.

If Uluave becomes the starting center and plays well, how is that a bad thing?  I'd call it an excellent thing - and it would absolutely be a great job by Grier and his staff, finding another hidden gem.

I meant to say Feeney being traded after just having been signed in the offseason is a black mark against Grier. IMO what's been lost in the wake of what now seems like two straight wasted drafts is that a lot of his FA signings have been flops as well lately. For every Tyreek there seems to be an Edmunds, a Wilson and a Feeney.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:11 am

JMP wrote:If Uluave becomes the starting center and plays well, how is that a bad thing?  I'd call it an excellent thing - and it would absolutely be a great job by Grier and his staff, finding another hidden gem.

except that Uluave has just been cut.

mercury22nathan

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:46 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:

If Uluave becomes the starting center and plays well, how is that a bad thing?  I'd call it an excellent thing - and it would absolutely be a great job by Grier and his staff, finding another hidden gem.

I meant to say Feeney being traded after just having been signed in the offseason is a black mark against Grier. IMO what's been lost in the wake of what now seems like two straight wasted drafts is that a lot of his FA signings have been flops as well lately. For every Tyreek there seems to be an Edmunds, a Wilson and a Feeney.

Gotcha.  But I don't see it as a black mark against Grier at all - it's just part of the business. Not all FAs are going to stick.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:47 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
JMP wrote:If Uluave becomes the starting center and plays well, how is that a bad thing?  I'd call it an excellent thing - and it would absolutely be a great job by Grier and his staff, finding another hidden gem.

except that Uluave has just been cut.

LOL Didn't see that one coming! But he'll be on the PS...and my prediction that he'll be a starter next year can still come true! Cool

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:57 am

You are all wrong.

This was Dastardly Greer doing everything in his power to justify keeping Eich, the guy he foolishly traded up for instead of Creed Humphreys, remember.

He traded Feeney, then cut Uluave and can now say without too much shame "We have to keep Eich as the backup center."

Shocked Neutral Rolling Eyes Very Happy

Who knows what goes on in the minds of the Phins personnel people? They been humping the same old desiccated, deceased pooch for years. I expect any moment to see a cloud of dust as the aforementioned pooch carcass disintegrates!!

I keep trying to generate some enthusiasm for this year, but I keep having the same old feeling like the other shoe is about to drop... that line that all good horror movies should have... "And then... something went horribly wrong!" keeps reverberating in my head.

I blame it on DF316. Laughing

In any event, if the Phins need too many backups anywhere for any extended period of time, the whole season is gonna stink like a dead Squid stuck under your car seat in the height of summer in the south.

Trust me, that stinks. You'd have to sell the car and take it in the shorts for a big loss because the smell had permeated the upholstery and nothing, not even Mr. Clean Lemon Scented, would sanitize away the odor of fetid, rotten squid!
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:42 pm

finfanatic wrote:

In any event, if any NFL team need too many backups anywhere for any extended period of time, the whole season is gonna stink like a dead Squid stuck under your car seat in the height of summer in the south.

Fixed it for you! Losing a bunch of starters will derail any/every team's season!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:41 pm

finfanatic wrote:You are all wrong.

This was Dastardly Greer doing everything in his power to justify keeping Eich, the guy he foolishly traded up for instead of Creed Humphreys, remember.

He traded Feeney, then cut Uluave and can now say without too much shame "We have to keep Eich as the backup center."

I am genuinely convinced of this. Mainly because it's the only explanation that makes any sort of sense. The ego on Grier has been revealed, and it's a lot bigger than people thought!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:02 pm

I don't see Eich lasting long, at least not as a center. He has zero experience there. Another center will be added within the next two weeks.

I still think Eich will start the season on IR.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:52 pm

JMP wrote:I don't see Eich lasting long, at least not as a center.  He has zero experience there.  Another center will be added within the next two weeks.

Remember Alec Lindstrom from I think 2 drafts ago? Some here were a bit high on him and he was just cut. Desperate times call for desperate measures methinks.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/08/cowboys-set-53-man-roster-2

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:00 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:I don't see Eich lasting long, at least not as a center.  He has zero experience there.  Another center will be added within the next two weeks.

Remember Alec Lindstrom from I think 2 drafts ago? Some here were a bit high on him and he was just cut. Desperate times call for desperate measures methinks.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2023/08/cowboys-set-53-man-roster-2

Yeah, I saw that. I liked him in the draft.

I still think Uluave will be back, and could even take Eich's spot if he does in fact go to IR.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down