The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roster projection

5 posters

Go down

Roster projection Empty Roster projection

Post by JMP Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:07 am

Just going over the roster. Here is my projection for the final 53:

QB
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Tua Tagovailoa
Josh Rosen

OL
Austin Jackson
Ereck Flowers
Ted Karras
Solomon Kindley
Robert Hunt
Jesse Davis
Julie'n Davenport
Michael Deiter
Danny Isidora

RB
Jordan Howard
Matt Breida
Myles Gaskin
Patrick Laird
Chandler Cox

WR
DeVante Parker
Preston Williams
Isaiah Ford
Jakeem Grant
Mack Hollins
Malcolm Perry

TE
Mike Gesicki
Durham Smythe
Adam Shaheen

DL
Christian Wilkins
Davon Godchaux
Emmanuel Ogbah
Shaq Lawson
Raekwon Davis
Jason Strowbridge
Benito Jones

LB
Kyle Van Noy
Andrew Van Ginkel
Elandon Roberts
Jerome Baker
Kamu Grugier-Hill
Sam Eguavoen

DB
Byron Jones
Xavien Howard
Eric Rowe
Bobby McCain
Nik Needham
Noah Igbinoghene
Kavon Frazier
Brandon Jones
Clayton Fejedelem
Jamal Perry
Tae Hayes

STs
Jason Sanders
Matt Haack
Blake Ferguson

Notes:
-- OL Danny Isidora will be replaced by a player currently on another team.
-- FB Chandler Cox and LB Sam Eguavoen could be in trouble if the Phins need roster spots.
-- At WR I chose Mack Hollins over Gary Jennings because I think Hollins is a valuable special teams player and has NFL experience at WR. Jennings should stick on the practice squad, and may see some action since teams can dress 55 on game days this season.
-- DL Benito Jones is an intriguing player, but could end up on the PS
-- The depth at DB is excellent...all 11 guys I listed can play, and I had a hard time "cutting" other talented young players like Nate Brooks, Nate Holley and Ken Webster.

Thoughts?

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Roster projection Empty Re: Roster projection

Post by Degarmo Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:46 pm

Looks like what it's going to be, a tough and competitive transitional team.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:56 pm

JMP, I see you really went out on a limb on that QB guess. Laughing

Really though, I agree with most of what you picked. Agree on Cox and Isadora and Benito Jones. Wondering about Trent Harris at OLB/DE? I think Elandon Roberts and to a lesser extent, Wilkins make Cox expendable. Those guys can see time in spots at FB. Honestly, I was not impressed at all last year with Cox. I thought he would be a weapon and hardly even saw the field.

Really interested to see what Malcolm Perry can do. I think he is the perfect slot guy.

I guess picking up Fornette is out of the question? I just think he could be what Legarette Blount was to the pats. I'd still like to have him on the team and put one of the young guys on PS.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:47 am

scotgif wrote:JMP, I see you really went out on a limb on that QB guess. Laughing

Really though, I agree with most of what you picked. Agree on Cox and Isadora and Benito Jones. Wondering about Trent Harris at OLB/DE? I think Elandon Roberts and to a lesser extent, Wilkins make Cox expendable. Those guys can see time in spots at FB. Honestly, I was not impressed at all last year with Cox. I thought he would be a weapon and hardly even saw the field.

Really interested to see what Malcolm Perry can do. I think he is the perfect slot guy.

I guess picking up Fornette is out of the question? I just think he could be what Legarette Blount was to the pats. I'd still like to have him on the team and put one of the young guys on PS.

LOL on the QBs...that was an easy one!

Cox has supposedly looked better this offseason, but yes, he was a big disappointment as a rookie. Between Smythe, Roberts and Wilkins, you're right - he may not be needed. I guess a lot depends on what type of running game Gailey is going to employ...you never know with him - his scheme is so flexible that it's hard to predict.

I think in time Perry is going to have a big role on this team - can't wait to see him in action!

Fournette signed with the Bucs. It sounds like his coaches teammates on the Jags wanted no part of him, so I doubt he's the type of guy Flores would want in his locker room. That Bucs team is loaded now...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:05 am

If Arians doesn't get it done this year, he never will.

Still, there's a very "1995 Dolphins" type feel to that team to me. It could mesh really, really well or it could completely blow up like the Fins did that year. Brady looked like he doesn't have much in the tank for a great deal of last year, and there wasn't really an injury excuse.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:09 am

I agree the Bucs team appears loaded, and for me will be a very interesting team to watch. If the Fins aren't on, I will be watching them.

Also agree on Brady last year but in his defense, GM Belichek screwed them all out of a chance with the horrible depth chart he put together at WR. They literally could not get open. The desperation trade to bring in Sanu was laughable, and he's already off the team.

Watching the Titans play a physical game in NE and cruise to a relatively drama-free victory was a thing of beauty.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:03 pm

I'm not a fan of adding a bunch of big-name FAs in one offseason, but the Bucs do have a very solid corps of young "homegrown" players. Definitely a team to watch.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down