The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My 53-man roster projection

5 posters

Go down

My 53-man roster projection Empty My 53-man roster projection

Post by JMP Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:08 am

Offense = 26

QB - 2
Tagovailoa
Brissett

RB - 4
Gaskin
Ahmed
Brown
Perry

FB - 1
Carter

WR - 7
Parker
Fuller
Waddle
Wilson
Grant
Hollins
Williams

TE - 3
Gesicki
Long
Shaheen

OL - 9
Jackson
Kindley
Dieter
Hunt
Davis
Eichenberg
Skura
Coleman
Little

Defense = 24

DL - 6
Ogbah
Davis
Wilkins
Sieler
Butler
Jenkins

LB – 9
Baker
McKinney
Van Ginkel
Phillips
Eguavoen
Riley
Scarlett
Roberts
Griffin

DB – 9
Howard
Byron Jones
Rowe
McCourty
Brandon Jones
Holland
Needham
Igbinoghene
Williams

Special Teams – 3

K - 1
Sanders

P - 1
Palardey

LS - 1
Ferguson

Am I forgetting anyone???  

We'll have a roster exemption for Fuller week 1 since he is suspended, so maybe we keep a LB like Scarlett or an extra DB for week 1 only.

I really want to keep 10 DBs so I can keep both Perry and Williams, but I couldn't find a way to keep both.  I know a lot of people probably won't have Cethan Carter on their final roster, but I think the Phins do want a FB, and he can serve as the 4th TE and is also a strong STs player.

I think TE Durham Smythe gets traded.

Last edited by JMP on Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:24 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My 53-man roster projection Empty Re: My 53-man roster projection

Post by JMP Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:01 pm

I totally forgot about LB Elandon Roberts! So, I dropped Jason Strowbridge and added Roberts.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:49 pm

I guess Biegel is still not practicing, so maybe he gets IRd or PUPd and Scarlett makes the team ahead of him???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:55 pm

I'm rooting for Sam good Egg Eqoavean

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:05 pm

CarsonChris wrote:I'm rooting for Sam good Egg Eqoavean

LOL Absolutely! Even though it was preseason, that 11-tackles, 4-sacks performance has me rooting for him for sure!!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:50 pm

JMP wrote:I totally forgot about LB Elandon Roberts!  So, I dropped Jason Strowbridge and added Roberts.

Strowbridge has literally done nothing and should be cut regardless.

My prediction: Shaheen also gets cut for not taking the jab, which will be cheered by the media while the team pretends that wasn't the reason at all.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:34 am

OK, just made a few changes:
Added Malcolm Perry as the 4th RB, replaced Vince Biegel with Brennan Scarlett, and gave the final DB spot to Trill Williams.

I really, really want Biegel to make it, but he's hurt now and we have too many LBs. I suppose he could make it over Griffin, but Griffin is awesome on STs.

I have Perry listed as a RB even though he has been playing mostly WR. The position doesn't matter...I think they find a way to keep him. I keep hearing that he's getting a lot of reps with both the 1s and 2s, which tells me that he is definitely in the mix for a roster spot, and he is also being used as a returner. If Perry doesn't make it, Laird gets the #4 RB spot IMO.

Keep an eye on CB Cre'Von LeBlanc...he has looked good and the coaches supposedly like him. I don't know how he'd fit in, but won't be surprised if they find a way to keep him.

And finally, with Cethan Carter banged up, I think Carl Tucker (now healthy) has a chance to overtake him for the FB job. I don't have Tucker on my final 53 yet, but he could make it if Carter doesn't get back soon.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:35 am

Oh, and regardless of vaccination status, Adam Shaheen is a stone cold lock...he's been excellent this summer and there is no chance he gets cut.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:10 am

JMP wrote:Oh, and regardless of vaccination status, Adam Shaheen is a stone cold lock...he's been excellent this summer and there is no chance he gets cut.

We'll see. I'm telling you, he and other players who have no business being cut will get cut solely because of this, while the NFL pretends it wasn't the reason and the media cheers it on. It's going to happen. But hey, it's a personal choice, right?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:34 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Oh, and regardless of vaccination status, Adam Shaheen is a stone cold lock...he's been excellent this summer and there is no chance he gets cut.

We'll see. I'm telling you, he and other players who have no business being cut will get cut solely because of this, while the NFL pretends it wasn't the reason and the media cheers it on. It's going to happen. But hey, it's a personal choice, right?

To your point, I hear there is speculation that the Bills could cut unvaccinated WR Cole Beasley. He's one of the better slot receivers in the league, so that would be a shocker - but he has reportedly been going against some of the NFL's Covid protocols. I don't know how true any of this is, but the rumors are out there.

As far as I know, Shaheen has been compliant with the NFL rules, and from my outsider view it seems like Shaheen has gotten more reps than any Dolphins TE this offseason. Seems like he is a big part of the team's plans, and again I just don't see any chance of him getting cut.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:50 am

If Beasley is going against some of the NFL's COVID (Certificate Of Vaccination ID) protocols, I applaud him. Especially since the NFL has vowed to make said protocols absurdly ridiculous for non-vaxxed players in an effort to force them to comply. I heard that non-vaxxed players are FORBIDDEN to leave town during the week, for example. FORBIDDEN! This is a league that willingly looks the other way when players beat and rape women and kids, but don't you dare exhibit normal behavior if you haven't gotten a shot! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes The NFL even established a new rule saying a team has to FORFEIT A GAME if too many players have tested positive--a rule specifically designed to punish the non-vaxxed. People are in for a rude awakening when this starts actually happening because somebody who thought they were perfectly fine because they took the jab winds up infecting literally the entire team. It's going to happen, mark my words. Awfully strange how this wasn't in effect last season, hmmm...Oh, and BTW coaches were also told to get the jab or be fired. Rick Dennison called the Vikings on it, and...they "made a deal" with him to keep him employed.

And if Beasley is cut I hope the Fins sign him (they'll need him when 5 WRs are hurt by midseason or before).

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:58 am

Here's an article about Beasley and another Bills receiver, Isaiah McKenzie:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-isaiah-mckenzie-fined-thousands-for-covid-19-mask-violation-cole-beasley-reacts-make-it-make-sense/

You can bet your bottom dollar the Buffalo Bills would love to focus solely on what happens between the lines in 2021, as they work to build on what was one of the more special seasons in franchise history -- finishing 13-3 in 2020 and going blow for blow with the Kansas City Chiefs in the conference championship. Not so fast though, because the COVID-19 pandemic has taken center stage in Buffalo, mostly due to the passionate refusal by Cole Beasley to get vaccinated. He's now been placed on the team's COVID/Reserve list along with Gabriel Davis, both receivers having had close contact with a trainer that tested positive.

It's possible they'll soon have to add receiver Isaiah McKenzie to that list, but even if they don't, he's being punished by the NFL for refusing to wear a mask in the indoor fieldhouse, training room and weight room -- via league memo -- a violation that carries a stiff penalty for unvaccinated players. To that point, McKenzie is being fined $14,650 by the NFL and, needless to say, he's not happy with the punishment.

Hopefully this becomes a distraction for the Bills and divides their locker room. Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:01 pm

Omar Kelly
@OmarKelly
“We are going to keep the best players. Vaccinated or unvaccinated. That is what is best for the team,” Dolphins coach Brian Flores.
11:41 AM · Aug 26, 2021

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:11 pm

JMP wrote:
Omar Kelly
@OmarKelly
“We are going to keep the best players. Vaccinated or unvaccinated. That is what is best for the team,” Dolphins coach Brian Flores.

We will see. I'd like to believe him but actions speak louder than words. And even if Flores is telling the truth he'll be in the vast minority. Players and coaches across the league have been told to get the shot or be gone.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:17 pm

I'm surmising the trainer that exposed the players was fully vaccinated. Also, 4 fully vaccinated Cowboys players tested positive for Covid. The entire hype around Covid was to steal an election. Now it's about control. The vaccines don't work and may have unforeseen long term effects. Israel is 65% vaccinated and 65% of the people in the hospital are fully vaccinated. Everyone needs to tell the people that are trying to control us to F-off

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:27 pm

CarsonChris wrote:I'm surmising the trainer that exposed the players was fully vaccinated. Also, 4 fully vaccinated Cowboys players tested positive for Covid. The entire hype around Covid was to steal an election. Now it's about control. The vaccines don't work and may have unforeseen long term effects. Israel is 65% vaccinated and 65% of the people in the hospital are fully vaccinated. Everyone needs to tell the people that are trying to control us to F-off

Ignore this crazy conspiracy theorist. The vaccine is totally and completely safe, and getting it makes you immune from getting or transmitting the virus. Until you need a booster shot, that is. Also, the reason we're making you wear masks anyway is the fault of all those crazy, selfish evil people who won't get the vaccine. The virus spreading more than ever is also all their fault, since vaccinated people are morally superior and morally superior people are unable to spread the virus (for example, all of the peaceful protestors last year). The obvious conclusion you're ordered to make--um, you should make totally on your own--is that only evil people are spreading it and need to be imprisoned. For your own good. Ignore what you see and hear, unless it's what we tell you. #greatergood

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:12 pm

Same people telling us the vaccines are good think they're doing a good job in Afghanistan

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:25 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:
Omar Kelly
@OmarKelly

We will see. I'd like to believe him but actions speak louder than words. And even if Flores is telling the truth he'll be in the vast minority. Players and coaches across the league have been told to get the shot or be gone.

Well, to throw some gasoline on your conspiracy theory fire: I read that Shaheen was not at practice today. Make of that what you will! Basketball

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:56 pm

I 100% back Tua but I wish he was just a little bigger.
Just want my man Gesicki signed to an extension and hoping everything else will fall into place.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:53 pm

JMP wrote:Well, to throw some gasoline on your conspiracy theory fire: I read that Shaheen was not at practice today.  Make of that what you will!   Basketball

What I make of it is, there's been a last ditch attempt to force Shaheen to agree to the jab so that way Flores won't have to pretend it's not the reason he was cut. Seriously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:51 pm

I think that Kirk Merritt might make it over Preston Williams and they will keep 4 tight ends. Robert Jones is also getting some buzz but I don't know who he would replace.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:11 pm

Killah Sith wrote:I think that Kirk Merritt might make it over Preston Williams and they will keep 4 tight ends. Robert Jones is also getting some buzz but I don't know who he would replace.

Merritt has really been excellent this whole summer. He will be a difficult cut. Williams is just as difficult...he's got enormous skill, but hasn't put it all together and also has the injury history. I'm just glad I'm not the one making the decision!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:58 pm

Vince Biegel was placed on IR, so Scarlett should be a lock for one of the LB spots.

Sucks for Biegel...missing two seasons in a row after a promising start to his career.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:40 pm

What I want to know is how the hell Kai Locksley is still on the roster. Seriously, what makes this guy uncuttable???

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down