The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jets cut Le’Veon Bell - Phins a possibility???

+4
mercury22nathan
white1
CarsonChris
JMP
8 posters

Go down

Jets cut Le’Veon Bell - Phins a possibility??? Empty Jets cut Le’Veon Bell - Phins a possibility???

Post by JMP Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:01 am

What a disaster Adam Gase is.

Anyway, Bell is gone so that makes the game this weekend even easier for the Phins.

Just throwing it out there even though it won't happen: Bell would actually be a great fit for the Phins, on the field anyway.  Despite the fact that Gase refused to use Bell as a receiver, Bell remains a top receiving back and would give the Phins a big weapon on underneath routes.  He's also probably the best runner I've seen at following his blockers - and I can see him doing major damage running to the right side behind Kindley/Hunt.

I don't think Flores will want to damage team chemistry, so it's not happening - but interesting to think about...

Last edited by JMP on Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Jets cut Le’Veon Bell - Phins a possibility??? Empty Re: Jets cut Le’Veon Bell - Phins a possibility???

Post by CarsonChris Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:03 am

Kick the tires

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Jets cut Le’Veon Bell - Phins a possibility??? Empty Re: Jets cut Le’Veon Bell - Phins a possibility???

Post by white1 Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:40 am

Yeah I had similar thoughts and I agree with JMP conclusion.

Not only has Gaskin won the starting role at RB, we also spent FA money on Jordan Howard and traded a fifth for Breida. It's too early in our rebuild, and not an important enough position, to keep spending more and more resources on it. Plus, we just promoted a back to the 53 - Alveh I think.

Gase wasted the Bell deal and did what he does best: Turn a premium player into just another guy.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:37 am

Flores needs to ask himself, WWBD...What Would Belichick Do? a talented reclamation project on the eve of facing the player's former team?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:06 am

mercury22nathan wrote:Flores needs to ask himself, WWBD...What Would Belichick Do?  a talented reclamation project on the eve of facing the player's former team?

Yeah that is an excellent point - you know Belichick would make a play for Bell in this situation...and with the Patriots, Bell would probably end up having a huge game against the Jets even with minimal prep!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:59 pm

I see both sides of this point pretty clearly and agree both ways. I do think I'd heavily consider Merc's stance though, it is a BB thing to do, and he's won a few games in his career.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:12 pm

If you're an All Pro running back, Adam Gase sure doesn't want you. Even if you piggy backed him into the playoffs like Jay Ajayi did.

Hell, Gase is really getting worse. At least he managed to get the last pick of the fourth round back for Ajayi. Bell, who is better, didn't bring anything in return.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:30 pm

It's just crazy to me that last week, with a WR corps put together by spit and glue and TEs that couldn't catch a cold, Gase refused to use Bell as a receiver - even late in the game when they were getting crushed. Bell got one target...that's truly unbelievable, and yeah I think it shows that Gase is getting worse. It's mind-boggling that any coach, let alone an "offensive genius", wouldn't be able to get Bell involved.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:52 pm

I just wonder where Gase goes from here. Will a division I college team take a chance on him? Art Briles had to drop all the way down to high school, and he was actually effective.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:43 am

Dolphins should be kicking the tires on every FA running back in the NFL. A 3.7 yard per carry average stinks. That number needs to be up near 5 yards per carry.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:31 am

Incidentally, 3.7 YPC is what Kenyan Drake is averaging in Arizona right now.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:25 am

HalCHorn wrote:Incidentally, 3.7 YPC is what Kenyan Drake is averaging in Arizona right now.  

Yeah, Drake has really come back down to Earth. He is in danger of losing the starting job if Chase Edmonds continues to shine.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:40 am

I updated this thread title after reading this:

Jeremy Fowler
@JFowlerESPN
Le’Veon Bell currently plans to sign with one of three teams, per source: Dolphins, Chiefs, Bills. Barring change, Bell will decide among these teams as early as today. Steelers reunion unlikely at this point.
10:08 AM · Oct 15, 2020

WOW!! The more I think about it, the more I do want Bell in Miami. But if I had to guess, I think he's going to the Bills.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:45 am

And this from Rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter said the Raiders, Dolphins, and Patriots called the Jets about acquiring Le'Veon Bell before the team released him Monday.

Schefter mentioned the teams in a TV report shortly after the Jets released Bell. Vegas signing Bell might not be devastating to Josh Jacobs' fantasy prospects, but Bell could eat into his somewhat limited pass game involvement. The same goes for Myles Gaskin if Miami signed Bell. The veteran signing with New England would further muddle a backfield that has been a nightmare for fantasy managers this season. Bell would probably have the most fantasy value if he ended up with the Dolphins, depending on if he has anything left in the proverbial tank.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:16 am

Cameron Wolfe
✔
@CameronWolfe

FYI even if Le’Veon Bell signs with Dolphins say today, he won’t be able to play with Miami against the Jets this week. New COVID-19 NFL rules say new additions have 5 days of testing before allowed in with team.

While I'd love to see Bell play against the Jets, this is actually good. With the bye next week, Bell would have a good amount of time to learn the offense.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:31 pm

I have been seeing a lot of talk about him joining the Fins and the Chief. Bell even went on Twitter and linked up with a bunch of players

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by scotgif Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:44 pm

He's a Chief
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:50 am

Ah, that sucks. Bell could have taken the Miami offense to the next level. I guess he decided to be a hired gun instead of trying to build a career somewhere.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:55 am

To be 28 years old on a team that is still trying to build into something in the NFL isn't always the greatest move. Going to the Chief give him an opportunity to get a ring fast. Also RB don't have a long career in the NFL either

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:45 am

rightchea wrote:To be 28 years old on a team that is still trying to build into something in the NFL isn't always the greatest move. Going to the Chief give him an opportunity to get a ring fast. Also RB don't have a long career in the NFL either

Yeah, but he'll be looking for a new team next season. I doubt the Chiefs will have the cap space to keep him. And if the Chiefs don't fix that defense, they may not be a lock to win the Super Bowl again this year like most people assume.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:01 pm

Right now, Tennessee has the inside track. Of course, everything changes in the NFL as the season wears on.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down