The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking ahead to the Broncos game

5 posters

Go down

Looking ahead to the Broncos game Empty Looking ahead to the Broncos game

Post by JMP Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:12 am

Just saw this on Rotoworld:

Broncos QB Drew Lock has completed 31.7 percent of his passes while under pressure this season, the third lowest rate in the NFL.

Only Mitch Trubisky and Dwayne Haskins have been worse under pressure in 2020. The second-year signal caller is being pressured at the eighth highest rate as Denver's offensive line is regularly beaten by opposing front sevens. Lock was a disaster in Week 10, throwing four picks in the Broncos' loss to Vegas. Without rushing production, Lock is barely a fantasy option outside of superflex formats.
Nov 16, 2020, 10:53 AM ET

Considering the Dolphins have been very good at pressuring QBs this season, well, let's just say I like our chances of dominating Lock! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Looking ahead to the Broncos game Empty Re: Looking ahead to the Broncos game

Post by Umix10 Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:09 pm

The next few weeks will be important for us and cannot take this for granted.

Broncos, Jets, Bengals are critical. We need to build on this success and look to the last quarter of the season.

Chiefs, Patriots, Raiders, and Bills.

With the surging Dolphins getting better and better. The Phins have given themselves control of their own playoff picture. Winning the next 3 games is critical.

The Bills also have tough games ahead with the 9ers and Steelers. Not to mention the Dolphins and Patriots.

We are a half game back.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:53 pm

Agreed. The team has to have the 'one game at a time' mentality, but getting to 9-3 is absolutely critical.

Those last 4 games are brutal, so we need to cushion the record against the bad teams coming up. It would be great to take the division so we don't have to worry about wildcard scenarios, but we'll see...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:52 pm

Oh man what a finishing schedule.

I have no doubt we can "steal" at least one win out of that slate, but it sure would be nice to go in at 9-3 with hopefully some margin for error.

Chiefs Patriots are the toughest IMO. Yes, I have not yet buried the Pats yet they seem to be resurging on defense and Cam is playing better now for two weeks and two critical wins for them.

Bills and Raiders are both beatable, but we need to be firing on all cylinders to do it. Our offense must continue to show improvement, and the defense cannot let up it's playing great and delivering turnovers. Keep it up. Go Fins!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:57 pm

Btw I think Drew Lock is OUT this weekend, we will be facing his backup.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:26 pm

white1 wrote:Btw I think Drew Lock is OUT this weekend, we will be facing his backup.

The way Lock is playing this season, I think I'd rather face him than a backup!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:34 pm

Yeah exactly watch Brett Rypien (looked it up, I think he's 2nd string) come up with some Brady-esque performance out of nowhere.

Not that THIS defense makes me think it will happen, but in past years it was almost a lead pipe lock.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:02 pm

Dolphins can certainly punch their own ticket. The games i worry about are the chiefs game. The Dolphins defense is tough. No doubt they have shown that they can carry a team. But the Chiefs have the league MVP. Tua hasn't really been too behind in games so he really never put the team on his back. The defense has been stifling opposing QB's in the right stretches of games to protect Tua from having to ball out.

The Chiefs game would give us a better look as to how Tua can carry a team.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:36 am

white1 wrote:Yeah exactly watch Brett Rypien (looked it up, I think he's 2nd string) come up with some Brady-esque performance out of nowhere.

Not that THIS defense makes me think it will happen, but in past years it was almost a lead pipe lock.

Rypien throws a nice ball. He has some potential. But this defense will feast on an inexperienced young QB!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:38 am

Umix10 wrote:Dolphins can certainly punch their own ticket.  The games i worry about are the chiefs game.  The Dolphins defense is tough. No doubt they have shown that they can carry a team.  But the Chiefs have the league MVP.  Tua hasn't really been too behind in games so he really never put the team on his back.  The defense has been stifling opposing QB's in the right stretches of games to protect Tua from having to ball out.  

The Chiefs game would give us a better look as to how Tua can carry a team.  

Definitely too early to look that far ahead, but yes - the Chiefs are the best team in football (sorry, Steelers) and will be a great measuring stick to see exactly how good the Dolphins are.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:11 am

Don’t overlook the Broncos or any of these winnable games.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:54 am

CarsonChris wrote:Don’t overlook the Broncos or any of these winnable games.

Yep, the Phins have to stay focused and cannot afford overlook any team.

I think the Broncos are the "easiest" team remaining on the schedule. Yes, we have the Jets - but that will be a division game and they will be up for it. The Broncos have been terrible on both offense and defense, and while they do have some decent players there's really no excuse to lose to them. But - they do have three AFC wins, including a convincing win over the Patriots, so we will still need to play hard and play smart to get the W.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:20 am

JMP wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:Don’t overlook the Broncos or any of these winnable games.

Yep, the Phins have to stay focused and cannot afford overlook any team.

I think the Broncos are the "easiest" team remaining on the schedule. Yes, we have the Jets - but that will be a division game and they will be up for it. The Broncos have been terrible on both offense and defense, and while they do have some decent players there's really no excuse to lose to them. But - they do have three AFC wins, including a convincing win over the Patriots, so we will still need to play hard and play smart to get the W.

My former mother in law is a Broncos fan. She said the Broncos really need help this year. I suggested she gets one of the vote counters in this years election. Every time the other team scores the Broncos get thei points

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:28 am

As long as they don't get Trump's lawyers to try to help the Broncos win, because they'd end up 0-26. lol!

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:13 am

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:38 pm

The Broncos and John’s Elway set them back for years. They tried to be the team that could evaluate talent and bring the best out of noting players. Elway got lucky bringing Manning to Denver but Manning is a hall of famer. I’d take 50 year old Payton over 22 year old Tebow.

Nonetheless Tebow, Flacco, Keenum, and now Lock. When is the owner gonna say that Elway is not a great talent evaluator and not a good fit? Great QB but sucks as a GM!
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:55 pm

Yeah, Elway has really done an awful job with that team. Just goes to show - if you don't have a QB, you don't have anything. We know all about that!

Anyway, I think this is a Phins' blowout victory...something along the lines of 28 - 3. Big game for Ahmed, defense forces a bunch of turnovers, Tua throws a couple more TDs.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:54 pm

JMP wrote:Yeah, Elway has really done an awful job with that team.  Just goes to show - if you don't have a QB, you don't have anything.  We know all about that!

Anyway, I think this is a Phins' blowout victory...something along the lines of 28 - 3.  Big game for Ahmed, defense forces a bunch of turnovers, Tua throws a couple more TDs.

Funny thing is......the Broncos are on that similar path of nothingness that the Dolphins have had over the last 2 decades. If you look as far back as Elway. They have brought in numerous QB's to fill the role. They got lucky with a couple years from Manning, but you take away those 2 and eerily resemble the Dolphins. A great defense but no real QB.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down