The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 11 thoughts: Dolphins at Jets

+3
white1
DolFan 316
JMP
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Game 11 thoughts: Dolphins at Jets - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 11 thoughts: Dolphins at Jets

Post by scotgif Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:23 pm

I guess you can count Deiter as a 2019 draft bust? I had high hopes for him coming out of Wisconson, but he can not even get on the field this year with three rookies ahead of him. Who knows? Maybe year 3 is the charm for him. Doubt it.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Game 11 thoughts: Dolphins at Jets - Page 2 Empty Re: Game 11 thoughts: Dolphins at Jets

Post by JMP Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:34 am

scotgif wrote:I guess you can count Deiter as a 2019 draft bust? I had high hopes for him coming out of Wisconson, but he can not even get on the field this year with three rookies ahead of him. Who knows? Maybe year 3 is the charm for him. Doubt it.

I'd like to think that he is solid depth...but who knows at this point? We (the fans) have no idea if he has progressed from last year. Seems like best case for him at this point is a reliable backup...but again, who knows?

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:30 pm

JMP wrote:
scotgif wrote:I guess you can count Deiter as a 2019 draft bust? I had high hopes for him coming out of Wisconson, but he can not even get on the field this year with three rookies ahead of him. Who knows? Maybe year 3 is the charm for him. Doubt it.

I'd like to think that he is solid depth...but who knows at this point?  We (the fans) have no idea if he has progressed from last year.  Seems like best case for him at this point is a reliable backup...but again, who knows?

The answer.........when Kindley went down, they moved Davis inside to RG and started Hunt at RT. I thought the same thing about depth. But is it really Deiter or is Davis just that versatile?
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:44 pm

Umix10 wrote:
JMP wrote:

I'd like to think that he is solid depth...but who knows at this point?  We (the fans) have no idea if he has progressed from last year.  Seems like best case for him at this point is a reliable backup...but again, who knows?

The answer.........when Kindley went down, they moved Davis inside to RG and started Hunt at RT.  I thought the same thing about depth.  But is it really Deiter or is Davis just that versatile?

Yeah, seems like Davis is the primary backup for all guard and tackle positions. Deiter is listed as the backup center on the team website depth chart, so maybe they are having him concentrate there rather than guard at this point?

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2