The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bills or Jets?

+3
JMP
scotgif
Triumph
7 posters

Go down

Bills or Jets? Empty Bills or Jets?

Post by Triumph Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:26 pm

If you had to pick one of the next two games to win who do you want to beat more

Bills
Or
Jets

In general do you hate one more and why?
Triumph
Triumph

Back to top Go down

Bills or Jets? Empty Re: Bills or Jets?

Post by scotgif Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:31 pm

If we lost to the jills, then that could create more heat to grampa joe's seat. Not that I ever want the team to lose, but..........sometimes losing is not always a bad thing.
scotgif
scotgif

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:35 pm

Jets. Mostly because I live on Long Island, smack dab in the middle of Jets country. A couple of my closest friends are Jets fans, but we're cool and get along fine...very respectful of our teams. But in general, Jets fans are loud, obnoxious, stupid dicks. Giants fans are assholes, but Jets fans are just straight up dicks. So yeah, fuck the Jets.

The Bills are sort of just there. Yeah, they pissed me off when they were reaching their 4 consecutive Super Bowls (and probably preventing Marino from getting at least one ring), but other than that they're just a non-entity. Even with Rex there now, I find it hard to hate them...they don't really mean anything to me one way or another, even though I think they'll stomp the Phins on Sunday...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:37 pm

I think I would like to beat the Bills just because of Rex. He is arrogant and needs a beating from Miami

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:46 pm

JMP wrote:The Bills are sort of just there.  Yeah, they pissed me off when they were reaching their 4 consecutive Super Bowls (and probably preventing Marino from getting at least one ring), but other than that they're just a non-entity.  Even with Rex there now, I find it hard to hate them...they don't really mean anything to me one way or another, even though I think they'll stomp the Phins on Sunday...

Jmp nailed exactly how I've felt about this team the past 15 years or so. Back when they were literally reaching the SB every single season I hated them with the burning intensity of a thousand suns (and yet could still respect them for just plain being better than the Fins unlike the Pats, who I cannot respect because rampant cheating and absurd luck). But then after that they just kinda sorta stopped mattering. I even have to remind myself that yes, they were in fact a playoff team in '98 and '99, because even at that time things just weren't the same. Yes, it's annoying when they beat the Fins but it neither wrecks the Fins (well, maybe 2 years ago) nor lifts the Bills, so ultimately the games between these teams are just completely meaningless.

The Jets on the other hand, have annoyed and angered me from day One of my fanhood for their uncanny knack of constantly beating the Fins in games and in ways they have absolutely no business doing. Hell, when Ryan took over the Fins actually started faring BETTER against the Jets than they had the previous decade, and still lost to them once a season almost every time. And now they actually seem scary to me because they have a coach who both knows what he's doing and isn't handicapped by having the emotional maturity of a 12-year old, so IMO the Jets right now have a better chance of winning a title than they have since at least '98.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:56 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:The Jets on the other hand, have annoyed and angered me from day One of my fanhood for their uncanny knack of constantly beating the Fins in games and in ways they have absolutely no business doing. Hell, when Ryan took over the Fins actually started faring BETTER against the Jets than they had the previous decade, and still lost to them once a season almost every time. And now they actually seem scary to me because they have a coach who both knows what he's doing and isn't handicapped by having the emotional maturity of a 12-year old, so IMO the Jets right now have a better chance of winning a title than they have since at least '98.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. And, in case you didn't know, Jets fans are dicks.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:59 pm

JMP wrote:Yep, that pretty much sums it up.  And, in case you didn't know, Jets fans are dicks.

You mean like the female Jets fan back in the day who had this male Jets fan send me multiple e-mails so threatening that when I finally revealed them on the old TSN board it basically shut down? Laughing

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:09 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Yep, that pretty much sums it up.  And, in case you didn't know, Jets fans are dicks.

You mean like the female Jets fan back in the day who had this male Jets fan send me multiple e-mails so threatening that when I finally revealed them on the old TSN board it basically shut down? Laughing

I think I remember hearing about that...classic! afro

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Triumph Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:04 pm

I do not like losing to the Jets. Stupid Fireman Ed, Monday Night Miracle, and too many snow bird transplants at the home games. They do seem to get in Miami's way too often. They even showed up in our damn store.
Triumph
Triumph

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:49 am

Jets. Hate them more than anyone in the division. Always have and always will.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:34 am

the Jets are my most hated team in all of sports. why? one classless ass of a turd: Mark Gastineau.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:25 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:the Jets are my most hated team in all of sports.  why?  one classless ass of a turd:  Mark Gastineau.

Don't forget Marty Lyons intentionally taking out Stephenson (from behind I think) and ending his career--and they were college teammates!

I always thought Gastineau was more of a goofball than classless. Oh well, he singlehandedly lost them the Browns playoff game in '86 either way Very Happy

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down