The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Van Noy signs with Pats!!!

+2
JMP
finfanatic
6 posters

Go down

Van Noy signs with Pats!!! Empty Van Noy signs with Pats!!!

Post by finfanatic Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:14 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/25/kyle-van-noy-praises-bill-belichick-says-no-comment-on-brian-flores/

Van Noy said he’ll be excited to face the Dolphins twice in 2021.

“I know everything they do down there,” Van Noy said. “It’s going to be good.”

Yikes!!

Let's just hope they KNOW Van Noy is expecting to see the old schemes and they gameplay to use that.

Van Noy was good. He was always in position I thought, but sometimes, he just did not make the play.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Van Noy signs with Pats!!! Empty Re: Van Noy signs with Pats!!!

Post by JMP Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:39 pm

finfanatic wrote:https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/25/kyle-van-noy-praises-bill-belichick-says-no-comment-on-brian-flores/

Van Noy said he’ll be excited to face the Dolphins twice in 2021.

“I know everything they do down there,” Van Noy said. “It’s going to be good.”

Yikes!!

Let's just hope they KNOW Van Noy is expecting to see the old schemes and they gameplay to use that.

Van Noy was good. He was always in position I thought, but sometimes, he just did not make the play.

I laughed when I saw this Van Noy quote. Does he think Belichick doesn't already know Miami's defense? I'm pretty sure he does...considering he has been running pretty much the same defense for the lat 100 years or so! Laughing

I think you are on the money: Van Noy knew exactly what to do, just didn't always finish!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:29 pm

Meh. As if he's the first Dolphin to ever sign with the Pats right afterwards Rolling Eyes

I was a lot more upset when Welker did it because I knew Welker was good.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:37 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:Meh. As if he's the first Dolphin to ever sign with the Pats right afterwards Rolling Eyes

I was a lot more upset when Welker did it because I knew Welker was good.

<Grabs the salt shaker from 316's hand to keep him from pouring more in the wound.>

Stop that!

Very Happy

Degarmo

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:41 am

and Adam Butler knows exactly what the Patriots do. knowing and doing something about it are two very different things.

apparently the release of Van Noy was about more than just salary and (just ok) on-field production.

Kyle Van Noy’s unique — and at times challenging — personality rubbed some inside Dolphins headquarters the wrong way during his lone season in Miami, sources tell the Miami Herald.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article250172030.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:55 pm

Van Noy was the definition of replaceable. New England Free Agency spending spree just underscores how desperate Belicheck is now that Brady is gone. For once, they are the one that signed the declining and aging LB while Miami sticks with the youth movement.

You think that hip injury last year that he had to fight through was a fluke? He plays a tough position, unfortunately age catches up really quick when you're a linebacker.

Van Noy won't ruin us. What will ruin us is if Tua fails to improve, the offensive line fails to improve, our receivers continue to get hurt all the time or drop the ball (Grant), or our defense suddenly reverts to pre-Flores struggling. The odds of ALL of those things happening is small IMO.

I think we'll be fine.

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:06 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:and Adam Butler knows exactly what the Patriots do.  knowing and doing something about it are two very different things.

apparently the release of Van Noy was about more than just salary and (just ok) on-field production.

Kyle Van Noy’s unique — and at times challenging — personality rubbed some inside Dolphins headquarters the wrong way during his lone season in Miami, sources tell the Miami Herald.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article250172030.html

Not sure whether to be amused or annoyed by all the passive aggressive shots fired in that article. I still have no idea what the whole challenging personality thing means. These days it might just mean Van Noy wasn't a BLM supporter and said so, or refused to simp out his support for America like Brees.

At any rate it'll hardly matter since the Pats without Brady are like Popeye without spinach.(How's *that* for an old school reference, Degarmo? Cool )

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down