The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Uh oh! Bad News for JMP. Pitts is the target!!!

+3
mercury22nathan
white1
finfanatic
7 posters

Go down

Uh oh! Bad News for JMP. Pitts is the target!!! Empty Uh oh! Bad News for JMP. Pitts is the target!!!

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:50 am

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/miami-dolphins-top-target-is-kyle-pitts-but-could-move-down-in-top-10/

I don't know if the site is worth a toot, but....

The Miami Dolphins have been one of the most active teams in the 2021 NFL Draft. With the NFL’s annual selection event just one week away and with rumors swirling of more trades to come, multiple sources close to Pro Football Network suggest that Chris Grier has a specific player in his sights. If he’s available with the sixth overall pick, the Dolphins are expected to select Florida’s Kyle Pitts.

Of course, then they go on to list the OTHER Options available.

This guy they are quoting says he has heard that maybe JMP is right about Grier's feelings on Chase about opting out?

Sources effectively confirmed the reasoning this week. PFN was told that Chase has a “big grade for play but is being knocked for opting out.” Described as the “clear top WR on our board,” the former LSU wide receiver may prove too good an opportunity to pass up.

“They didn’t want to take Chase because he opted out,” concludes Pauline. “But, there comes a point in time where Chase is just too great a value to pass up. So, I’m told if they move down — and Chase is there — he’s going to be part of the conversation.”

And he talks about SMith's weight too:
“Somebody said to me, somebody close to the organization, they said when push comes to shove, they don’t know if Chris Grier is going to draft a receiver that is under 170 pounds. So, if they move down — it’s a possibility — I think it’ll only be a few slots, and it will be whatever wide receiver is there. It could be Smith. It could be Waddle. I’m told that if they move down, then all of a sudden Chase comes back into the conversation.”

Maybe the desire for Pitts is a smokescreen, but if you look at him as not a TE, but as an X-Receiver type, then...

I will be surprised if the Phins go for Pitts. I will be surprised if they bypass Chase for Smith.

And I wonder what it would take to get the Phins to trade down again?
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Uh oh! Bad News for JMP. Pitts is the target!!! Empty Re: Uh oh! Bad News for JMP. Pitts is the target!!!

Post by white1 Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:48 am

I believe Pitts is the 2nd or 3rd best player in this draft. I would be thrilled if the Fins draft him at 6. If they trade down, I think they miss out on the best of the best and will be looking at second tier players. Take someone elite!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Uh oh! Bad News for JMP. Pitts is the target!!! Empty Re: Uh oh! Bad News for JMP. Pitts is the target!!!

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:54 am

believe nothing you hear this time of year.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:00 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:believe nothing you hear this time of year.

I have to think Merc is right on this. They are trying to entice a team to trade up for Pitts I think.

But I would have no problem if they draft Pitts. Use him like an X-Receiver/TE/Mismatch nightmare and
he can be very successful in the NFL IMO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:43 pm

I'm all in for Pitts. So much so that if we don't get him I'll probably be disappointed despite getting another player I like.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:56 pm

I'm OK with anyone who can get open and catch the ball, really. It'll be hard to disappoint me at 6.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:10 pm

My guess is the Phins have Chase ranked below Smith. Not just because of the opt-out, but also because he only has one year as a starter and played almost strictly on the outside. Smith has the larger body of work and has extensive experience at every receiver position.

There's no way anyone outside the organization knows who the Phins will pick, so I take all these reports with a grain of salt. But I do think Pitts and Smith are top 2 on the Phins board, IMO...just not sure who they have #1.

I'm totally fine with Pitts being the pick. He's my #2 choice. I obviously prefer Smith and think he's a better fit, but I will gladly take Pitts.

I'm also thinking the Phins will trade down with Denver if the price is right and their targets are still available. There's a real chance one or both Pitts and Smith are available at 9 if QBs are chosen in the top 4 picks.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:11 pm

HalCHorn wrote:I'm OK with anyone who can get open and catch the ball, really.  It'll be hard to disappoint me at 6.

Hal just jinxed us!!!

Grier is gonna trade back up to #4 and select Sewell!!!

Uh oh! Bad News for JMP. Pitts is the target!!! 1f622

I just hope whoever they draft we look back fondly on this draft as the one that set up the Super Bowl Wins (yes, plural, as in more than one) for the Phins
in the next several years.

C'mon Next Thursday! We needs some Super Bowl Winning Talent!!!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:41 pm

JMP wrote:My guess is the Phins have Chase ranked below Smith.  Not just because of the opt-out, but also because he only has one year as a starter and played almost strictly on the outside.  Smith has the larger body of work and has extensive experience at every receiver position.

There's no way anyone outside the organization knows who the Phins will pick, so I take all these reports with a grain of salt.  But I do think Pitts and Smith are top 2 on the Phins board, IMO...just not sure who they have #1.

I'm totally fine with Pitts being the pick.  He's my #2 choice.  I obviously prefer Smith and think he's a better fit, but I will gladly take Pitts.

I'm also thinking the Phins will trade down with Denver if the price is right and their targets are still available.  There's a real chance one or both Pitts and Smith are available at 9 if QBs are chosen in the top 4 picks.

I've been in lockstep with Jmp on this the entire time. Which kinda scares me Razz

What a monumentally stupid move it would be though for Grier to trade down to 9 after trading up to 6 and miss out on Smith AND Pitts. If he actually manages to pull that off then the rest of this draft is dead to me. And so is the team.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down