The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THEY DID IT!!! THEY ACTUALLY MADE THE TRADE!!!

5 posters

Go down

THEY DID IT!!! THEY ACTUALLY MADE THE TRADE!!!  Empty THEY DID IT!!! THEY ACTUALLY MADE THE TRADE!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:06 pm

The Ravens traded Orlando Brown to the Chiefs for the #31 pick and other picks on both sides, that is.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2021/baltimore-trades-orlando-brown-kansas-city

What, you thought I was talking about Grier didn't you? Made ya look Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

THEY DID IT!!! THEY ACTUALLY MADE THE TRADE!!!  Empty Re: THEY DID IT!!! THEY ACTUALLY MADE THE TRADE!!!

Post by Degarmo Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:07 pm

Now everyone has to redo their 1st round mocks all over.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

THEY DID IT!!! THEY ACTUALLY MADE THE TRADE!!!  Empty Re: THEY DID IT!!! THEY ACTUALLY MADE THE TRADE!!!

Post by finfanatic Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:23 am

I guess KC didn't like any of the OTs in the draft? Or just did not want to wait for one to get up to speed?

I wonder if the Ravens are trying to go UP for a speedy WR to help out Lamar. That passing game needs some big time help.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:45 pm

finfanatic wrote:I guess KC didn't like any of the OTs in the draft? Or just did not want to wait for one to get up to speed?

I wonder if the Ravens are trying to go UP for a speedy WR to help out Lamar.  That passing game needs some big time help.

It's an interesting trade.  Personally, I think the Chiefs are overrating Brown - and now they have to give him a huge contract.  Seems like a really strange move for KC, IMO.

As far as the Ravens, I don't care who they have at receiver.  They aren't winning a Super Bowl with Lamar Jackson.  They will probably make the playoffs every year, but no team can win it all without a passing game - and Lamar just can't thrown when teams stuff their running game.

Last edited by JMP on Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:45 pm

Love the thread title, by the way. Very Happy Very Happy

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:50 pm

JMP wrote:It's an interesting trade.  Personally, I think the Chiefs are overrating Brown - and now they have to give him a huge contract.  Seems like a really strange move more KC, IMO.

Seems like an overreaction to the SB loss to me.

Isn't it odd how we never hear about actual trades until they occur, while the trades the media constantly yammers on about never happen? This actually makes me feel confident that Grier's staying at 6.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:59 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:It's an interesting trade.  Personally, I think the Chiefs are overrating Brown - and now they have to give him a huge contract.  Seems like a really strange move more KC, IMO.

Seems like an overreaction to the SB loss to me.

My thoughts also. Chiefs were just unlucky enough to have a slew of injuries to the O-line at the worst possible time. But not as big a panic move as O'Brien's trade for Tunsil, at least.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:40 pm

EH, O'Brien figured it was worth it. Get a LT and win the SB or at least make it to the AFC Championship game. Get himself another year or two.

O'Brien is apparently the Offensive Minded Equivalent to Wannstedt's Defensive version : good co-ordinators but hideous personnel managers, and just so-so HCs.

I just still for the life of me cannot figure out the trade of Deandre Hopkins! That was bizarre with a capital Z!!
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:58 pm

Yeah, that Hopkins move made anything Wannstedt did look positively Ron Wolfian.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:57 pm

With the Tunsil trade, O'Brien fell into a trap. He thought he could solve all the team's OL problems with one player. But offensive lines don't work like that. In reality, if you have one decent lineman and 4 weak linemen, it's really no better than having 5 weak linemen.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down