The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade up?

+3
rightchea
JMP
CarsonChris
7 posters

Go down

Trade up?  Empty Trade up?

Post by CarsonChris Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:08 pm

If Miami isn’t able to trade up to #1 for Burrow but are able to trade up to #2 would you be upset if the trade to #2 was for Chase Young?

What if Miami doesn’t want Tua due to his medical history and views the remaining QB’s as fairly equal?

I could see this scenario unfold!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Trade up?  Empty Re: Trade up?

Post by JMP Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:28 pm

CarsonChris wrote:If Miami isn’t able to trade up to #1 for Burrow but are able to trade up to #2 would you be upset if the trade to #2 was for Chase Young?

What if Miami doesn’t want Tua due to his medical history and views the remaining QB’s as fairly equal?

I could see this scenario unfold!

I wouldn't trade up for a DE. If the Phins don't want Tua, I hope they stay at 5 and draft BPA - Simmons, Brown, Okudah or Wirfs.

I'm not completely sold on Young at this point...not sure he has enough pass rush moves for the NFL and IMO he is a weak run defender. I am also concerned that he got shut down by Clemson. Sure, in that game Clemson worked away from him and he took on double teams and allowed other guys to make plays - but if I'm trading up to two I need more than a guy that occupies blockers...I need a true difference-maker and I am not convinced that Young has that type of elite skillset. He's not a Bosa IMO. If I was already at 2 and didn't need a QB, sure he'd be high on the list based on his potential alone. But trading up for him? Nope, I wouldn't do it.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:32 pm

True I wouldn't want Miami to go after a DE. waste of picks

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:08 pm

Weak year for DE's which is something of a red flag. Kinda like 2013 was, and trading up turned out to be a pretty bad idea then. Young is the best of the bunch, but would he be the best in a different year?

Brown concerns me too, but Simmons, Okudah or Wirfs would be an excellent start to the draft if it fell that way.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:10 pm

I am still expecting them to stand pat at #5, and I think they HOPE somebody else trades up to take Tua, which lets them off the Tua hook, so to speak.

It's gonna be interesting for sure.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:34 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Weak year for DE's which is something of a red flag.  Kinda like 2013 was, and trading up turned out to be a pretty bad idea then.  Young is the best of the bunch, but would he be the best in a different year?

Yeah, that's a great way to look at it. This is definitely a weak DE class, and no doubt that increases Young's value.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:37 pm

finfanatic wrote:I am still expecting them to stand pat at #5, and I think they HOPE somebody else trades up to take Tua, which lets them off the Tua hook, so to speak.

It's gonna be interesting for sure.

Anything is possible at this point. It all depends on how the Phins rate the QBs in this class. If Herbert is #1 on their list, they'll stay at 5 and take him.

My prediction: Bengals take Burrow, Skins take Young, Dolphins trade up to 3 and take Tua.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:44 pm

I feel like we're going to pick Herbert, and Tua is going to the Skins, because Daniel Snyder is a meddling masochist moron.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:08 pm

Degarmo wrote:I feel like we're going to pick Herbert, and Tua is going to the Skins, because Daniel Snyder is a meddling masochist moron.

If this team actually picks Herbert then they are the masochist morons.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:35 pm

JMP wrote:My prediction: Bengals take Burrow, Skins take Young, Dolphins trade up to 3 and take Tua.

Are you predicting or wishing? Razz

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Mar 14, 2020 2:51 pm

I hard to tell at the moment since all NFL related activities have stopped. Unless the NFL doesn't push back pro day, we will not know what gonna happen

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:14 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:My prediction: Bengals take Burrow, Skins take Young, Dolphins trade up to 3 and take Tua.

Are you predicting or wishing? Razz

Predicting. If you're asking what I want to happen - I want the Phins to stay at 5, draft Tua, and keep their picks. But I think a trade up is much more likely.

I think the Skins are locked in on Young, and they won't get him if they trade down. The Lions, on the other hand, are in the perfect position to trade down because the defensive players they will likely want will be available at 5. The Phins make the trade to guarantee they get the QB they want, and the asking price shouldn't be too high since they are only moving up 2 spots.

Of course, it's possible the Phins can stay at 5 and still get Tua...but they risk someone trading in front of them. If Tua is in fact they guy they want, I think they make the trade to ensure that they get him.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:01 pm

An analysis of Tua's hip injury and how it might affect him going forward I thought I'd share.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2020/what-should-we-expect-tua-tagovailoa

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:08 am

Thanks for the article 316. Interesting stuff.

Bottom line is, every injury is different and every person is different - so it's not really all that helpful to compare Tua to anyone else. While his long-term health is clearly a question mark, I'm in the "roll the dice and take a chance at greatness" camp.

That said, I'm fine with Burrow too if that somehow becomes a reality.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:51 pm

Yeah these injures all seem like a toss up. But one thing seem to be constant is that all those players re injured themselves. That not what Miami needs in a QB. Yeah we always hope for the best but this is a violent sport and players get hit in the hip all the time. Durability is a must when it comes to a QB.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down