The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami Trades Flowers to Washington

+6
JEGnj
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
JMP
mercury22nathan
white1
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Miami Trades Flowers to Washington - Page 2 Empty Re: Miami Trades Flowers to Washington

Post by JMP Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:45 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Looks like the cap savings for the Phins is $5 million, not 8.  Still a good deal.

SI says the cap savings was a measly TWO million Shocked Shocked Shocked Still think that was a good deal? Grier messing up already, and the draft is still two days away! I'm getting a bad feeling now...

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-trade-of-ereck-flowers-grows-more-mysterious-as-more-details-emerge

Yep, I still think it's a great move. It seems like Flowers was destined to be a backup, so the Phins got what they could and saved a small bit of $, and replaced him with the cheaper Fluker. The Dolphins reportedly tried to trade Flowers for months.

Regardless of all this, Sewell will not be a Dolphin.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Miami Trades Flowers to Washington - Page 2 Empty Re: Miami Trades Flowers to Washington

Post by JMP Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:53 am

finskev wrote:Like the 5 that Merc has so we can Keep Hunt at RT. Would rather Draft a Guard where he should be  Picked instead of OverDrafting a Tackle .

I agree. I've already said this, but my preference is Hunt RT, Kindley RG and draft Aaron Banks for LG in round 2. Then draft Meinerz with the second 2nd rounder and groom him to eventually start at C.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:10 pm

Hunt is an OKAY RT, but I agree with the assessment that he might be a Pro-Bowl Guard!

So, do you want an "okay" RT or a Pro-Bowl Guard?

I am not real enthused about another season with backup RT Jesse Davis STARTING though.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:59 pm

OT is another position in which this draft is said to be deep. I'm not sure where this narrative is coming from that it's Sewell at 6 or bust, and if Grier actually thinks that way he's not fit to be a GM. IMO Teven Jenkins is not only better but fits what this team is looking for better, and should definitely be available at 18. Maybe not 36 though. Merc talked me out of Vera-Tucker so now Jenkins is my top OT and the only one I'd be happy with taking as high as 18.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:18 pm

Yeah, I've been looking into Jenkins a bit and really like what I see. I'd rather not go OL at 18, but he looks like a stud. I doubt he makes it out of round 1.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:19 pm

Jenkins plays mean. He's better than Davis right now IMO.

I like Leatherwood too. He can play either Tackle spot as well.

Get Leatherwood and Dickerson and the O-line is set.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:21 pm

Look up what Jenkins did to Joseph Ossai when you get the chance, I think Ossai still might have PTSD Shocked

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:23 pm

finfanatic wrote:Jenkins plays mean. He's better than Davis right now IMO.

I like Leatherwood too.  He can play either Tackle spot as well.

Get Leatherwood and Dickerson and the O-line is set.

Leatherwood, Dickerson, Smith, Harris...Tua and Davis last year...Grier might as well just use Alabama as his personal farm team Laughing It puts the Shula-Bear Bryant connection back in the day to shame!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:32 pm

Dickerson's injury will make him drop some...curious to see how far. It would be great if we could let him sit and get healthy for a year, while he learns behind the veteran Skura. Dickerson is an awesome dude too, from interviews I've seen, but I'd still prefer Meinerz to be our center-in-waiting.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2