The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Updated mock 4/30

3 posters

Go down

Updated mock 4/30 Empty Updated mock 4/30

Post by HalCHorn Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:10 am

The simulator is still up today, only with the first round complete. So here goes:

Owusu, Cosmi, Ossai off the board in front of us.

LAC offers 47 and a 2nd next year for 36 and 156. I counter by offering 36, next year's 4th for 47, next year's 2nd and 198 this year. Accepted. Unfortunately Williams goes 45 to Jax, a true WTF after they took Etienne and already had Robinson.

47. Quinn Meinerz, C

Seemed like the sweet spot for him.
Chicago offers 52 and next year's 5th for 50 and 244. I counter with 50 for 52, next year's 5th and 228 which is accepted.

52. Dillon Radunz, OT

Looked good during Senior Bowl practices so went back to back O-line here to hopefully lay the foundation for years.

At 81, Jordan Smith, Kellon Mond, Nico Collins all available. All good choices. Jamar Johnson at S. But we don't have another pick until 156 if I stay put, and Sermon is the top RB on board. Seems too high for him though.

81. Jordan Smith, OLB

Philly offered 123, 150 and a swap of picks next year but I decided to stay put and load up on the pass rush.

GB offered 173, 214 and 200 for 156 and 244. Countered unsuccessfully a couple of times, then decided to double up at WR

156. Josh Palmer, WR

Poor QB play held him back in college IMO. Real sleeper.

198. Larry Roundtree, RB

Another guy who showed well in front of these coaches at the Senior Bowl.

228. Israel Mukuamu, S

Been hearing the staff has a lot of interest in him.

231. Deommodore Lenoir, CB

244. Chris Evans, RB

So didn't get everything set at RB, but did get the most pressing need at C addressed and added to next year's haul by trading a 4th for a 2nd and a 5th.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Updated mock 4/30 Empty Re: Updated mock 4/30

Post by JMP Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:19 am

Hal going for some interesting under-the-radar players! I love it!

Mukuamu is a sneaky-good pick. He's a HUGE safety...6'4"!! Combo safety/small LB??

And I'll continue to say it: any mock that includes Meinerz is an "A" for me! LOL

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:22 am

At #36, they have to go for Williams the RB IMO.  He might not be there. The Jets are going to be looking for a RB too I think.

If Williams is gone and Jenkins the OT is there, I draft him at #36.

I am wondering who Grier has targeted at OC. Humphrey, Minerz, Dickerson, Myers... Maybe Hill late? They like those GA O-linemen apparently. Even if one of them is a rapper in an OT's body!!   Shocked

I am sorta thinking Grier and Flores are okay with late round RBs.

If Grier somehow manages to get Waddle and a RB I like.... I might have to start a Chris Grier fan club!!!

Laughing
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:26 am

I like Hill a lot - he'd be a huge center and I know the Phins love those behemoth linemen!

Last night I was thinking the Jets or Falcons would take Williams today. But looking at all the talent on the board, I no longer feel that way. There's just too many good players at more valuable positions. I think the Phins will see it that way at 36 as well, and pass on Williams. Maybe they even trade down a few spots...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down