The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Apologize

+4
Killah Sith
CarsonChris
JMP
DolFan 316
8 posters

Go down

I Apologize Empty I Apologize

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:45 pm

Last night I acted childish, showed a complete lack of empathy and failed to read the room, as the cool kids say. It was never my intention to try and ruin anyone else's draft experience, although it sure did come off that way. I have been forced to admit that I have become a problem. It was not an easy thing to do.

Unfortunately the way I feel about things has not changed so in order to avoid causing any more problems I will be leaving here indefinitely. That is all.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

I Apologize Empty Re: I Apologize

Post by JMP Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:53 pm

What??? No worries at all, 316! Everyone is entitled to their opinion and disagreements are much more interesting than everyone saying the same thing! Hell, that was the point of this message board in the first place! No problems at all from my perspective.

I hope you change your mind and continue to post!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:42 pm

No worries. I didn't like any of the receivers listed at the top. Chase doesn't get good separation. Waddle wasn't as productive as he should have been, Smith is skinny. Most of us had Smith over Waddle.

To me it all boils down to what Tua does this year. Any win total under 11 games Tua is a failure

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:45 pm

Don't leave, the potent of pessimism is a necessity!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by Killah Sith Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:12 pm

I think you overreacted but you are just expressing your opinion on the picks and there is nothing wrong with that. I think you will love Waddle. Very Happy Take a break if you feel the need but don't let emotions cause you to make rash decisions.

Killah Sith

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:12 pm

WTF are you talking about? Being overly reactionary is part of watching the draft. We all have LITERALLY NO IDEA how any of these picks will pan out.

Everything's fine Smile

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Fri Apr 30, 2021 10:25 pm

No apologies needed. And we need the balanced perspective. Pessimism and optimism are both needed around here. Smile

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat May 01, 2021 7:55 am

Wait!

Don't go. You aint seen how disgusted I am about the Day 2 picks.

They suck and Grier needs to go!
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Sun May 02, 2021 11:01 pm

All I know is you can tell a true fan by his passion for all things Dolphins. I don't think anyone here takes offense to anything thats been said.

When JMP asked us to join him like 6 or 7 years ago we all wanted a forum where we could express ourselves, passionately, and not have to worry about hurt feelings or being banned from the board. WE, have all been here since this started. I disagree with some or all or none but thats the point of this forum. We aren't all going to be coaches or draft gurus. I think we are just passionate about the team we love, and lately we've had some success and winning. Lord knows, now we want more and the more passionate we become....that's for damn sure.

In the end, don't leave. It won't be the same but some of us need a little bit of everybody in here!!!!
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon May 03, 2021 9:07 am

Well said, Umix!!

I want this to be a place where anyone can say anything, without risk of being banned. Sure, there are disagreements from time to time, and maybe they even get heated sometimes (though not often) but that's what being a passionate fan is all about. I remember on the old board, at the end, I felt like I was walking on eggshells and I was "afraid" to post sometimes because I wasn't saying the "right" things. I want this board to be be the exact opposite of that - say what you want, when you want - period.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon May 03, 2021 10:54 am

We all have plenty of reason to question, given what we've all borne witness to these past two decades.

But Grier/Flores looks different and feels different.  I'm seeing long-term thinking (the Phillips pick notwithstanding) in almost all of these decisions.  I have a lot more confidence now than I have had in the past.

Last edited by HalCHorn on Mon May 03, 2021 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon May 03, 2021 10:54 am

double post accidentally

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Mon May 03, 2021 2:30 pm

Yeah, I love to see DF316 go all over-reactionary!!!

When the Waddle pick was in, I almost fired up my iPad just to see what DF316 and JMP were going to say. not to brag about how right I was or anything so shallow. Ahem....

I think we all can understand the passion required to get so upset over a pick.

I am doing my best not to over-react to the Hunter Long pick... which IMHO is the most heinous draft pick blunder since the horrid days of Wannstedt!

I say post what you feel and if you think you need to apologize, do so. But don't remove your posts.

They make the board more enjoyable IMO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon May 03, 2021 3:19 pm

I remember agonizing with 316 after opening night of the Culpepper experiment. 11-12 pm pacific time so 2-3 am eastern. We are Dolphins fans. True aqua blue

CarsonChris

Degarmo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down