The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phins trade for Raven OL Greg Mancz

4 posters

Go down

Phins trade for Raven OL Greg Mancz Empty Phins trade for Raven OL Greg Mancz

Post by JMP Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:56 pm

https://www.si.com/nfl/dolphins/news/miami-dolphins-acquire-center-greg-mancz-in-trade-with-baltimore

The moves keep coming on the offensive line for the Miami Dolphins, who have made a second trade this week to acquire a player at the position.

The Dolphins this time picked up center/guard Greg Mancz from the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for a conditional late-round pick, as first reported by NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport and since confirmed by a source.

Mancz has considerable NFL experience, having played 58 games with 28 starters over the past six seasons with the Houston Texans.

Mancz's most productive season in terms of playing time came in 2016 when he started all 16 games at center for the Texans. And it's certainly interesting to note that the Houston offensive coordinator that season was George Godsey, who is about to start his first regular season as Dolphins co-OC along with Eric Studesville.

Mancz entered the NFL in 2015 as a undrafted free agent out of Toledo.

I was worried about the Dolphins depth at guard, so this trade addresses that concern. I assume the trade also means that Skura is going to get cut?? I don't know much about Mancz, but supposedly he can play all 5 OL positions but has the most experience as a G/C. Sounds like a decent trade to me - veteran experience depth on the OL is a good thing.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Phins trade for Raven OL Greg Mancz Empty Re: Phins trade for Raven OL Greg Mancz

Post by CarsonChris Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:58 pm

I've got to say I think Miami is going to be a solid team this year! Anything less than playoffs would be a major disappointment!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Phins trade for Raven OL Greg Mancz Empty Re: Phins trade for Raven OL Greg Mancz

Post by HalCHorn Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:28 pm

Skura was indeed cut today.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:30 pm

HalCHorn wrote:Skura was indeed cut today.

I liked Skura and thought he did a decent job this summer, but Mancz gives us much more flexibility and he has experience with Godsey.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:27 pm

Another black mark against Grier as far as I'm concerned. Literally was no point in signing him. Might as well have just gotten Linsley or Andrews or even retained Karras. Now the Pats have Andrews *and* Karras and the Fins have...a third year scrub who's been a flop so far and won a "starting" job only because he sucked less than the competition.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:56 am

Grier throws darts at a dart board in FA. Terrible

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:18 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

Another black mark against Grier as far as I'm concerned. Literally was no point in signing him. Might as well have just gotten Linsley or Andrews or even retained Karras. Now the Pats have Andrews *and* Karras and the Fins have...a third year scrub who's been a flop so far and won a "starting" job only because he sucked less than the competition.

Nope. Dieter won the job and has looked great throughout camp and in preseason. Skura was brought in as veteran competition, and he lost the job. He was replaced by the more versatile Mancz.

When your drat picks beat out veterans for starting jobs, that's a GOOD thing.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down