The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How Pathetic Are The Lions???

3 posters

Go down

How Pathetic Are The Lions???  Empty How Pathetic Are The Lions???

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:57 pm

Can't even beat the Steelers without B-Roth, even with Tomlin's uncanny knack for losing to crap teams and with a +3 turnover ratio. This was a game the Steelers were BEGGING to lose.

They're actually going to do it, they're actually going to make it through a 17-game season without a win. I'm convinced of that now.

Who thought Campbell would be a great head coach for the Fins again? I actually liked him and think it's sad that guys with his level of masculinity are now obsolete but aside from his first six quarters he wasn't even a decent coach for this team the first time around.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

How Pathetic Are The Lions???  Empty Re: How Pathetic Are The Lions???

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:56 pm

Even the new NFL communism can't force anybody to lose to the Lions it seems Laughing Laughing Laughing

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:30 pm

I feel like those "rah rah" positive-all-the-time types like Campbell never do well as head coaches, because when things go bad the players just tune them out.  Robert Saleh is headed in that direction too.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:36 pm

JMP wrote:I feel like those "rah rah" positive-all-the-time types like Campbell never do well as head coaches, because when things go bad the players just tune them out.  Robert Saleh is headed in that direction too.

You and most people here didn't feel that way the previous five years Razz Just sayin' Cool

And again, I like Campbell. I genuinely feel awful for him. He doesn't deserve this situation and he never should've gotten himself into it. But lord knows he's not the first ambitious, aspiring assistant to flame out after finally getting his shot as a head coach. And these days even I have no idea how to tell who will make a good NFL head coach from all the 30 and 40somethings waiting in the wings and who will be a disaster. I can only identify player busts, not coaching busts.

(Although I did say I was opposed to Flores based on him being a ex-Pats and ex-DC...)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:17 pm

To be fair, Campbell came in following 3 1/2 years of Queasy Mr. Magoo. We can be forgiven a bit for overreacting, anyone was going to seem like Shula after Philbin.

HalCHorn

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Nov 21, 2021 9:24 pm

HalCHorn wrote:To be fair, Campbell came in following 3 1/2 years of Queasy Mr. Magoo.  We can be forgiven a bit for overreacting, anyone was going to seem like Shula after Philbin.

To be fair, his first six quarters were absolutely glorious. The rest of that season...not so much.

But I never could understand the "we let him get away!" mentality here, especially when years went by and he never was hired as a head coach by anyone else. That should've been a red flag right there.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down