The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coaching changes - WTF is going on???

3 posters

Go down

Coaching changes - WTF is going on??? Empty Coaching changes - WTF is going on???

Post by JMP Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:17 am

Lincoln Riley to USC and Brian Kelly to LSU...college football is being turned upside down! Shocked

Oklahoma is moving to the SEC conference, and apparently Riley wasn't happy about that. Of course, I'm sure this didn't hurt:
"[Riley's] deal is worth $110 million, USC is buying his two houses in Norman for $1 million over asking price, he gets a $6 million house in Los Angeles and Riley gets 24/7 access to a private jet."
https://dailycaller.com/2021/11/30/report-lincoln-riley-usc-contract-110-million-private-jet/

Kelly, meanwhile, is leaving ND like a thief in the night, informing his players of the decision by text and apparently not telling his coaches:
The ramifications of Kelly’s decision reached the recruiting trail. He reportedly ghosted his assistants in the final hours, some of which were busy with recruits at the time and only heard about the decision from the news and social media: “The news broke when I walked out of the house, so I look like a f–king a–hole,” one assistant told The Athletic. Administrators and boosters also had no idea the move was coming, according to the report. Notre Dame will potentially lose recruits who had committed under the assumption Kelly would be their coach. Oklahoma lost three recruits Sunday when news broke that Lincoln Riley was leaving for the USC job, and lost two more on Monday.
https://nypost.com/2021/11/30/brian-kellys-exit-from-notre-dame-for-lsu-quickly-got-messy/

Crazy stuff.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Coaching changes - WTF is going on??? Empty Re: Coaching changes - WTF is going on???

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:18 am

Riley's living in CA now, the joke's on him. If he loves paying an absurdly high state income tax to not have any rights, then whatever.

Not surprised by the Kelly thing at all, he always was morally bankrupt. Do you remember this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Kelly_(American_football_coach)

In late October, a student videographer was killed during practice when the hydraulic lift he was using collapsed due to high winds. Kelly acknowledged it was his decision to hold practice outdoors that day.[8] The University was fined $77,500 by the Indiana Occupational Health and Safety Administration for safety violations related to the incident.

Yup. Someone actually died because of Kelly and it was pretty much swept under the rug. Real nice guy.

On Thanksgiving, my brother in law's mom and I were talking about this very subject, and we agreed that head coaches leaving teams before the bowl games ever begin is bullshit and shouldn't be allowed anymore. Memphis got burned two years ago and hasn't been the same since. I'm glad Notre Lame and Jokelahoma are losing recruits because of this, they deserve to each lose an entire class!

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

JMP and HalCHorn like this post

Back to top Go down

Coaching changes - WTF is going on??? Empty Re: Coaching changes - WTF is going on???

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:21 am

I also love how Texas and OU kicked the rest of the Big 12 to the curb and essentially ended the conference. If it wasn't for the whole global tyranny thing, I wouldn't be surprised if in 5 years D1 college football consisted of two superconferences and a bunch of teams living off the scraps.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:49 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

Someone actually died because of Kelly and it was pretty much swept under the rug. Real nice guy.

On Thanksgiving, my brother in law's mom and I were talking about this very subject, and we agreed that head coaches leaving teams before the bowl games ever begin is bullshit and shouldn't be allowed anymore. Memphis got burned two years ago and hasn't been the same since. I'm glad Notre Lame and Jokelahoma are losing recruits because of this, they deserve to each lose an entire class!

Yeah, that ND incident where the student was killed was completely Kelly's fault. He decided to hold the practice even though he was advised not to. Disgusting that he didn't get any kind of penalty for it.

And yes, absolutely - coaches should not be allowed to take a new job till after bowl season. The recruits are the ones that really get screwed, but at least they have an opportunity to go elsewhere.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:24 pm

My FAU Owls really need to change coaches now, but won't. Willie Taggart just keeps getting jobs no matter how poorly his teams are coached. He's the Dave Wannstedt of the NCAA.

HalCHorn

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:16 am

The Canes blowing everything up! Love it! They hired Cristobal as the HC and got Clemson's AD. Off to a great start!!! cheers cheers

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down