The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphins other HC, QB plan

+4
white1
JMP
finfanatic
mercury22nathan
8 posters

Go down

Dolphins other HC, QB plan Empty Dolphins other HC, QB plan

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:55 am

keeping in mind this is coming from Florio...

The Miami Dolphins are moving forward with Mike McDaniel as the head coach and, for now, Tua Tagovailoa as the starting quarterback. At one point after the end of the 2021 season, however, the Dolphins explored a different approach.

Per multiple sources, and as first revealed on Monday’s PFT Live, the Dolphins planned to pursue Sean Payton to be the coach and Tom Brady to be the starting quarterback. The plan was scrapped after Brian Flores filed his lawsuit against the NFL generally and the Dolphins, Giants, and Broncos specifically.

https://sports.yahoo.com/dolphins-planned-pursue-sean-payton-124215926.html

believe it?

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Dolphins other HC, QB plan Empty Re: Dolphins other HC, QB plan

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:02 am

When I heard this story, it immediately CLICKED into place, because this is the way Ross rolls. He is such a clueless dumbarsed idjit!!!

When Ross up and fired Flores I was over-joyed. Finally Ross does something right. Dump the moron that cannot build an offensive staff to save his life. Dump the HC who can beat bad teams but just never seems able to win a game when the playoffs are on the line. Dump the HC who has fielded a team that gets the shiite kicked out of them to start every season! See the Offensive staff problems sited above.

But this whole move was uncharacteristic of Ross. He usually likes to test the waters BEFORE he fires a HC. He usually likes to have the cart before the horse. When I heard they had axed TeamKiller Flores, my first thought was, Ross has already reached out to Harbaugh to be the next HC of the Phins!

But then the whole long HC search, the lawsuit, so I said, well maybe Ross has FINALLY done something correctly for once. Dumped a Team-killer of a HC and is looking for someone to maximize Tua's abilities.

But then.. THIS mind-bogglingly stupid story comes out and it immediately made sense to me, because only ROSS would stupid enough to believe this fantasy drivel would become reality.

In Ross' megalomaniacal self-UN-Awareness, he can swing any deal, and get anyone he wants, so of course he will go get Sean Payton to be the HC of the Dolphins, and he and Payton can persuade Tom Brady to come be the Phins QB. Why of course you can Steve! You is one genius level master NFL owner, you are! You betcha! For a 2% share of this team, I would QB them for the next ten years!!!

At least THIS TIME, Ross FIRED Flores before he started going after another HC. But, just like all of dim-witted Ross' moves, it was Hc still tied to another team.

And of course, Brady would come to Miami to be the QB. Who wouldn't want sign of for big dose of a team whose owner is a flaming moron!

As Hal has said repeatedly; Ross is the WORST OWNER the Phins have ever had. I agree. I genuinely HOPE the NFL can force Ross to sell the team to Beal or someone else.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:05 am

mercury22nathan wrote:

believe it?

"PFT" and "believe it" are two opposing concepts.

Sounds like a crock of bullshit to me.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:44 am

It could certainly have been a "want" for Ross. I mean, what owner WOULD NOT want both Payton and Brady? Talk about instant offense, instant credibility, and a way to sell tickets - quickly.

However, I'm sure in practice, swinging that kind of deal became quickly apparent it was... all but impossible.

The Saints would have wanted compensation for Payton. The Bucs would want the same for Brady. BOTH would command multiple first round picks. I doubt we have near the draft capital to trade for both.

Regarding Brady... my hope is he takes on a minority ownership in Miami, and at some point it becomes a controlling share. With his football money, and Giselle money, plus the ongoing endorsements and whatever else he's getting into... they could probably raise a share big enough to get controlling ownership. I think he would be a great owner. Knows the game, hyper competitive, passionate.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:16 am

A team can't get compensation for a player who's retired. The Bucs no longer have Brady's rights. There was a similar situation involving Reggie White, who retired for a year and then came back with the Panthers, who didn't have to give any compensation.

The media sure do fancy themselves experts on what Ross wants and what he says and does. They also don't have any proof of any of this, for some odd reason. scratch

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:37 am

A team can't get compensation for a player who's retired. The Bucs no longer have Brady's rights. There was a similar situation involving Reggie White, who retired for a year and then came back with the Panthers, who didn't have to give any compensation.

Yeah I'm with you DF, I was writing my post as the team / Ross having these ideas while the season was still going - before Payton and Brady retired.
white1
white1

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:46 am

If the Ball Boy doesn't work out Moma says we can hire the Water Boy!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:00 pm

Brady has not been released/put on retired list yet by the Bucs. It will come after June 2nd for cap reason I think I read somewhere...

In any event... I still think this SOUNDS like something Ross would scheme up. May all be crapola but
it is something Ross would think would work and/or pursue IMO.

finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:22 pm

I wonder if we could somehow get Brady and the Williams sisters (who already own a small percentage of the team) to pool resources and come up with enough to own a controlling interest.

With Brady and Serena, that's probably two of the three people on this planet who hate losing the most (Jordan being the third). At least we'd have owners who want to win, badly.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:51 pm

Florio is still saying Watson is coming to Miami.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:12 pm

JEGnj wrote:Florio is still saying Watson is coming to Miami.

Of course he is...he just can't let it go for some reason! Rolling Eyes

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:31 pm

Here's the thing about Watson. Not that I want him, at all.

Apparently if there is any truth to the rumors - it's ROSS that wants Watson since he's an instant franchise QB still in his prime. Granted, Tua MIGHT BE, but Watson is right now.

So, even with Flores out, if it is Ross that wants Watson, of course that's still on the table. I wouldn't do it. Not only due to the civil and criminal investigation, but also the prohibitive cost it would take to get him.

Instead of breaking the bank, why not look at a backup with some upside? Maybe Jameis Winston, or even Trubisky?

white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:50 pm

Geez. I do not know why, but the depths of absolute bugfrackin' stupidity Ross keeps displaying keep surprising me? I do not know why? But they do.

I know when it comes to football, this guy is a hopeless clueless idiot, but... How in heck do you amass enough money to buy an NFL team and be this freakin' stupid???

Oh well... We can but hope the NFL at the very least FORCES Ross to sell the team.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:58 pm

white1 wrote:Here's the thing about Watson.  Not that I want him, at all.

Apparently if there is any truth to the rumors - it's ROSS that wants Watson since he's an instant franchise QB still in his prime.  Granted, Tua MIGHT BE, but Watson is right now.  

So, even with Flores out, if it is Ross that wants Watson, of course that's still on the table.  I wouldn't do it.  Not only due to the civil and criminal investigation, but also the prohibitive cost it would take to get him.  

Instead of breaking the bank, why not look at a backup with some upside? Maybe Jameis Winston, or even Trubisky?

Watson is NOT an instant franchise QB. He may be an instant convict, but there is nothing "instant" about his football career. He could be cleared (or convicted) by a grand jury as early as April...or his legal situation could drag on for months and months...and months.

And if he does get cleared, how long will it take him to get into football shape? A month? Two months? More? There is too much uncertainty about the situation for any team to throw away all those resources to get him. $35 million this year, plus who knows how many draft picks, for a guy that may not see the field anytime soon - if ever??? Nope. Basically, the Texans are what you call "fucked".

I also don not believe that Ross is actively pursuing Watson. If that rumor was ever true, it has been squashed with the hiring of McDaniel. You don't hire an offensive genius whose first job is to rebuild the OL...and then take away all his resources to do that job. Ross has proven himself to be football-dumb...but even he isn't that dumb.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:49 pm

Hopefully this officially ends the Watson discussion:

Cameron Wolfe
@CameronWolfe
Dolphins GM Chris Grier says “the door is shut on Deshaun Watson.” He says that is definitive and they believe in Tua Tagovailoa’s development going into Year 3.
4:55 PM · Mar 2, 2022 from Indianapolis, IN

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:28 am

The Dolphins reached out to the New Orleans Saints about Sean Payton after he stepped down as head coach in January, Grier said.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article258986663.html

i guess Florio wasn't completely full of shit on this after all.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:38 am

Yep. Watson speculation is over - finally!
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:32 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
The Dolphins reached out to the New Orleans Saints about Sean Payton after he stepped down as head coach in January, Grier said.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article258986663.html

i guess Florio wasn't completely full of shit on this after all.

Oh, I don't doubt that the Dolphins reached out to the Saints...and I bet a dozen other teams did too. You have to do your due diligence when a coach like that is available. I just don't believe it was something that the Phins actively pursued and then got squashed because of Flores.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down