The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Lynn Bowden Jr going to be the next Deebo?

4 posters

Go down

Is Lynn Bowden Jr going to be the next Deebo? Empty Is Lynn Bowden Jr going to be the next Deebo?

Post by finfanatic Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:43 pm

While I am excited to see what McDaniel will come up with for Hill and Waddle, neither is big enough to be used as a RB/WR/H-Back in the Deebo Samuels role.

But... The Phins do have that sorta "Unicorn" like player already on the roster. A player who played WR and rushing QB in college; got drafted and moved to RB, traded to the Phins who moved him back to WR; Lynn Bowden Jr.

He is currently listed at 5' 11" and 204 lbs (some have him at 197lbs).

He showed a nice mix of rushing ability and passing while at Kentucky. To have this "Deebo" type threat in the offense, could/would McDaniel utilize Bowden in this role?
Deebo is 6' 215lbs and has shown he can take the punishment.

If Bowden bulked up a bit more, he might just make a suitable "Deebo" rushing type piece in the offense for McDaniel to use in the gameplans?

Who knows? It will be very interesting to see what McDaniels comes up with for the offense. Whether the gameplan features a "Deebo" type player, or something
entirely new.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Is Lynn Bowden Jr going to be the next Deebo? Empty Re: Is Lynn Bowden Jr going to be the next Deebo?

Post by Umix10 Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:55 pm

Don't think so. Bowden would have excelled last year with the previous WR room IMHO. But not in this one. Too many versatile RB's and WR's. I don't think you put Hill or Waddle on the side for Bowden.

If Bowden Bulks up, I think he gets the short yardage plays. There is just too many better playmakers before him to give him Deebo type touches.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Is Lynn Bowden Jr going to be the next Deebo? Empty Re: Is Lynn Bowden Jr going to be the next Deebo?

Post by JMP Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:37 am

I don't know what role he's ultimately going to have, but I see Bowden making the final roster and contributing. He's versatile enough for McDaniel to find ways to use him, and he's been working hard with Tua all offseason. I expect him to have a strong camp and he'll earn a spot, but I don't think Bowden will be a Deebo-type, and I don't think McDaniel will try to push anyone into that Deebo role.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:35 pm

perhaps the whole "who will be the next Deebo" thing is being overplayed. Deebo was only Deebo out of necessity. the 49ers didn't go into the season with some creative idea to use Deebo in the backfield. it only happened when RBs Mostert got hurt and Sermon wasn't as explosive as they'd hoped. they saw Deebo as a playmaker and lining him up in the backfield was a way to get him more touches. it was only a novelty because Deebo was a WR. i think perhaps the next Deebo (but in reverse) will be Edmunds - a playmaker out of the backfield who can also lineup in the slot. when Hill and Waddle stretch defenses, how are LBers gonna cover both Gesicki and Edmunds? its all about creating mismatches and exploiting weaknesses.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:26 am

Well said, Merc.

Perhaps it would be better to ask "What new Deebo-like wrinkle will McDaniel come up with for the Phins new offense?"

This is going to be an interesting year for the Phins. They have a new HC who favors the offense. If the defense can maintain and the offense step up....

The AFC is a beast it looks like and the AFC East is not going to be easy. We may improve dramatically and STILL miss the playoffs.  Rolling Eyes
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:07 pm

finfanatic wrote:

Perhaps it would be better to ask "What new Deebo-like wrinkle will McDaniel come up with for the Phins new offense?"

I don't know what it will look like, but I have a feeling McD has special plans for utilizing Gesicki. That's my vote for the (very non-specific) 'new wrinkle'.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:00 pm

JMP wrote:
finfanatic wrote:

I don't know what it will look like, but I have a feeling McD has special plans for utilizing Gesicki.  That's my vote for the (very non-specific) 'new wrinkle'.

You could be right, JMP.

Of course, a TE with Gesicki's skills could be said to have been UNDER-utilized, so if McDaniels just utilizes Gesicki CORRECTLY... That would not be a wrinkle, but it would be NEW!!!

Very Happy
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down