The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roster moves - Bowden to IR, Foster and Ford gone

4 posters

Go down

Roster moves - Bowden to IR, Foster and Ford gone Empty Roster moves - Bowden to IR, Foster and Ford gone

Post by JMP Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:20 pm

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/08/24/dolphins-put-lynn-bowden-jr-on-ir-cut-three/

Dolphins wide receiver Lynn Bowden Jr. limped off the field with a hamstring injury during a joint practice with the Falcons last week and he won’t be back on the field for Miami at all this year.

The Dolphins put Bowden on injured reserve Tuesday as they cut their roster down to 80 players. Bowden will not be eligible to return this season unless the Dolphins release him and he signs with another team.

The Dolphins also released offensive lineman Jermaine Eluemunor and wide receiver Isaiah Ford while waiving wide receiver Robert Foster with an injury designation.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Roster moves - Bowden to IR, Foster and Ford gone Empty Re: Roster moves - Bowden to IR, Foster and Ford gone

Post by CarsonChris Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:41 pm

What a mistake. Put those receivers on special teams

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Roster moves - Bowden to IR, Foster and Ford gone Empty Re: Roster moves - Bowden to IR, Foster and Ford gone

Post by white1 Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:32 pm

Decisions at WR are going to be extremely tough there are a lot on the roster.

I don't dismiss your opinion CC, it's up to the team to get this right....
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:29 pm

white1 wrote:Decisions at WR are going to be extremely tough there are a lot on the roster.

I don't dismiss your opinion CC, it's up to the team to get this right....

Way to many injuries in our players especially the wr portion of the team. I predict we will be bringing in players from off the street by game 10.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:03 am

Ford doesn't play special teams as far as I know. Foster was likely competing with Hollins and Merritt, since all 3 play specials, and was behind both of them. Merritt will be cut or traded soon. Too bad, because he looks really good. Just not a spot for him right now.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:59 am

JMP wrote:Ford doesn't play special teams as far as I know. Foster was likely competing with Hollins and Merritt, since all 3 play specials, and was behind both of them. Merritt will be cut or traded soon. Too bad, because he looks really good.  Just not a spot for him right now.

A lot of people are under this misconception that all backup players are on special teams. But simple math will tell you that's impossible. There can only be 11 special teamers on the field at any given time, just like O and D. 11 players on O + 11 on D + 11 on special teams = 33. Roster limit is 53 last time I checked. That leaves 20 players who are backups but don't see regular time on special teams. Of course injuries strike and so at least some of those players get pressed into action but still, 20 players with nothing to really do but stand around on the sideline until they get subbed in somewhere is a lot.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:05 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:Ford doesn't play special teams as far as I know. Foster was likely competing with Hollins and Merritt, since all 3 play specials, and was behind both of them. Merritt will be cut or traded soon. Too bad, because he looks really good.  Just not a spot for him right now.

A lot of people are under this misconception that all backup players are on special teams. But simple math will tell you that's impossible. There can only be 11 special teamers on the field at any given time, just like O and D. 11 players on O + 11 on D + 11 on special teams = 33. Roster limit is 53 last time I checked. That leaves 20 players who are backups but don't see regular time on special teams. Of course injuries strike and so at least some of those players get pressed into action but still, 20 players with nothing to really do but stand around on the sideline until they get subbed in somewhere is a lot.

Yep, that's true. There's only so many positions. Once you account for the linemen, snapper, returner and punter/kicker, that limits the STs positions even more.

I also think that, under Flores, most of the core STs players are DBs and LBs. I'm pretty sure that last season, Hollins and Grant were the only WRs that played STs. This year, we'll have them again, plus Waddle. I don't think they need anymore special teams wideouts.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:44 am

JMP wrote:I also think that, under Flores, most of the core STs players are DBs and LBs.  I'm pretty sure that last season, Hollins and Grant were the only WRs that played STs.  This year, we'll have them again, plus Waddle.  I don't think they need anymore special teams wideouts.

You've got Grant making the team then? Freudian slip, perhaps? Razz Wink

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:04 am

LOL Yes, Grant is making the team for sure.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down