The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mini camp news

+2
DolFan 316
CarsonChris
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mini camp news - Page 2 Empty Re: Mini camp news

Post by JMP Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:54 am

CarsonChris wrote:Drew Brees still made wow throws.  There's something about knowing it when you see it.  Watching sports certain players when you watch them look special. Tua's been a JAG so far. This is his time to shine. I don't think he gets another year to wow the coaches, the fans, and the pundits.

Yep, Tua has looked like a JAG playing with one of the worst OLs in NFL history, a horrific coaching staff, no running game, and one legit WR. It's ridiculous that he hasn't looked like a Hall of Famer yet. Rolling Eyes

Then again, maybe he can play with two excellent WRs and a great RB and still have a losing record and miss the playoffs, like Golden Boy Herbert?

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:06 am

JMP wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:Former Dolphins special teams coach said that practice was the worst practice he's seen in the NFL.  He doesn't sound impressed with Tua.

https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/06/former-dolphins-coach-not-impressed-with-fins-offense-from-ota-visit/

Westhoff attended the first day of OTAs, when the offense struggled. He was not their on day 2, when the offense played better and Tua completed two 50+ yard passes. Anyone with any knowledge of football should expect the offense to struggle early - as I've already pointed out, it is an entirely new offense playing against an established defense. This is all to be expected.

Westhoff is a bitter, angry man who hasn't said anything positive about anyone in decades. Every time I hear an interview with him, he comes across as a grumpy old man.

Westhoff was there on day 2. The one where Tua completed the 2 passes.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:13 am

CarsonChris wrote:
JMP wrote:
CarsonChris wrote:Former Dolphins special teams coach said that practice was the worst practice he's seen in the NFL.  He doesn't sound impressed with Tua.

https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/06/former-dolphins-coach-not-impressed-with-fins-offense-from-ota-visit/

Westhoff attended the first day of OTAs, when the offense struggled.  He was not their on day 2, when the offense played better and Tua completed two 50+ yard passes.  Anyone with any knowledge of football should expect the offense to struggle early - as I've already pointed out, it is an entirely new offense playing against an established defense. This is all to be expected.

Westhoff is a bitter, angry man who hasn't said anything positive about anyone in decades.  Every time I hear an interview with him, he comes across as a grumpy old man.

Westhoff was there on day 2. The one where Tua completed the 2 passes.

That's not what I heard...I heard he was only there for day one. Either way, his opinion means nothing to me. He's been out of football for years and hasn't said anything positive about the Dolphins since he was let go. I used to hear him interviewed on NY radio all the time when he was with the Jets, and after, and he has never said one good thing about the Dolphins that I've ever heard. He comes across as a guy that is always complaining and mad at the world.

Anyway, I really don't care about the first two days of OTAs. All that matters is progress, and by all accounts (except Westhoff LOL) the Dolphins' offense has been consistently getting better.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:25 am

JMP wrote:The media absolutely HATES this kid, and it seems like nothing he does can ever change that.

you're absolutely right. for example...

the headline reads: "ESPN’s Tony Kornheiser calls Tua Tagovailoa’s comments about critics ‘insane’" the inference is clearly that Kornheiser is saying Tua is insane for making those comments. that he is just plain wrong. well, if you actually read (or heard) Tony's comments you would understand the context.

“He called out, and I want to get the word correct, the ‘Twitter warriors,'” Kornheiser said. “You can’t do that. You can’t say ‘I understand you’re out there on social media and you’re crushing me so stick it.’ No. Because more people will jump on that, and now, every single time he short arms a pass more people will say he shouldn’t have a job, and the media in Miami will publish this stuff. It’s a fight you can’t win. It’s insane.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/espn-tony-kornheiser-calls-tua-154632006.html

Kornheiser is not calling Tua insane. he is saying the situation of being in a no-win battle with critics hiding behind a keyboard is insane. if anything, i think Tony was taking a jab at the local Miami media in that they are insane for publishing garbage being initiated by source-less twitter accounts. that is what is insane. but the headlines and agenda driven media don't want you to understand the truth.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:28 am

and for the record, i'll take WINS over WOWS.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:31 am

But he [Tindall] was beaten by Salvon Ahmed on a wheel route, on a perfect throw from Tua Tagovailoa. That might have gone for a long touchdown in a real game.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article260864622.html

what? Tua? PERFECT throw? are we allowed to say that? the national media would have you believe that's not possible.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:34 am

quote of the day...

“I just want people to understand I went for 150 with Matt Moore as my QB,” Tyreek Hill told NFL Network this week. “If you don’t remember that game (against Minnesota) 150 and 1 touchdown with Matt More as my QB… And Tua is 10 [times better than] Matt Moore.”

!!!

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:23 am

Westhoff was 100% right about Wanny back in 2000 and Wanny firing him instead of trying to work with him productively turned the best special teams in the NFL into a mediocre unit within 2 years.

That said, A) Westhoff had several last laughs at Wanny's expense by going to the Jests and improving their ST unit dramatically, and B) it's been 22 freaking years. So to Westhoff: Dude, you were right. You won this in the long run. But you're looking petty and grumpy now. Let the Dolphins vendetta go. The guy who wronged you got laughed out of town in 2004. Let it go. Even Don Shula got nudged into retirement but never let that turn him into an anti-Fins shill. As always, he's a great example to follow.

Tua has already shown he can win close games, under adverse circumstances. I'm excited to see what he might be able to do under even neutral circumstances--let alone favorable ones.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:18 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:quote of the day...

“I just want people to understand I went for 150 with Matt Moore as my QB,” Tyreek Hill told NFL Network this week. “If you don’t remember that game (against Minnesota) 150 and 1 touchdown with Matt More as my QB… And Tua is 10 [times better than] Matt Moore.”

!!!

Very Happy Very Happy I love that! Tyreek Hill is a funny dude. In addition to how good he is on the field, he brings a "fun" attitude to this team that has been lacking for years.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:51 pm

I'm so tired of the media bashing Tua and all the talk of speed and practice. I just want the season to start and see what they do.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Jun 10, 2022 1:31 pm

JEGnj wrote:I'm so tired of the media bashing Tua and all the talk of speed and practice. I just want the season to start and see what they do.

Exactly. Enough already.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2