The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roster moves

3 posters

Go down

Roster moves Empty Roster moves

Post by JMP Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:47 am

Teams need to get to 85 players by 4:00 today. The Phins made several moves today and are now down to 84.

Miami Dolphins
@MiamiDolphins

ROSTER MOVES | We have waived OL Cole Banwart, WR DeVonte Dedmon and DL Jordan Williams. We also waived/injured CB Tino Ellis and placed TE Adam Shaheen on injured reserve.

So after all that, Shaheen ends up on IR!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Roster moves Empty Re: Roster moves

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:12 am

At least Shaheen gets to stay in Florida. Considering the current state of society that's a major win. Failing that physical--for whatever the actual reason--was the best thing that could've happened to him.

Remember when Dedmon was supposed to be this major return threat? (Sighs.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:26 am

DolFan 316 wrote:

Remember when Dedmon was supposed to be this major return threat? (Sighs.)

I'm kinda hoping Lynn Bowden gets a legit shot as a returner. He showed some good things as a receiver against Tampa Bay and it would be cool to see him sneak onto the roster as the primary returner. River Cracraft has done some kick/punt returning in his career too, so him and Bowden may be competing for the final WR spot.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:35 am

According to McDaniel, both Shaheen and the team were surprised when the physical with Houston showed a knee issue. He had been practicing in full, but after the failed physical he consulted a couple of doctors and decided to have season-ending surgery. So that's the IR story...believe it or not! Wink

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:41 am

JMP wrote:According to McDaniel, both Shaheen and the team were surprised when the physical with Houston showed a knee issue.  He had been practicing in full, but after the failed physical he consulted a couple of doctors and decided to have season-ending surgery.  So that's the IR story...believe it or not!  Wink

The Miami Dolphins ace medical staff at work again, folks! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I wouldn't trust those quacks to properly diagnose a cut finger at this point.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:46 am

DolFan 316 wrote:
The Miami Dolphins ace medical staff at work again, folks! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I wouldn't trust those quacks to properly diagnose a cut finger at this point.

Every single year there's at least one strange mystery injury on this team. Suspect Let's hope Shaheen is the only one this season!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:25 pm

Yeah, the cuts here were all expected IMO.

I was hopeful Iggy was a goner, but... I suspect they keep him because ain't nobody gonna trade for him!

The next round of cuts is where someone is going to be upset.

I agree with Bowden being kept. But he ain't gonna be IMO. Too many ex-49er WRs for that.

WR and TE, LB and DT, and the dreadful sucking chest wound that is the Phins Oline currently is where the cuts are gonna be felt IMO.

Be nice if the Phins could trade some players for a few extra picks next year to maybe compensate for the ones the Dolphin's owner lost because he is a complete and total chithead! Evil or Very Mad
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:34 pm

finfanatic wrote:

I agree with Bowden being kept. But he ain't gonna be IMO. Too many ex-49er WRs for that.

That last WR spot is going to be tough.

Here are my locks at WR:
Hill
Waddle
Wilson
Ezukanma
Sherfield

Assuming they only keep 6 receivers, that leaves the realistic options for #6 as Bowden, Cracraft and Sanu. Braylon Sanders will be on the practice squad if no other team picks him up, and Preston Williams will be cut or traded.

It's easy to make a case for any of the three making the team: Cracraft has been with McDaniel for 2 seasons, Bowden is the most versatile, and Sanu is the savvy vet with top-shelf blocking skills. If I had to make the choice, I think I'd give the edge to Bowden, especially if he can be the returner. But don't be surprised if Sanu finds his way onto the final roster...he looks like he's got some juice left.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down