The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dolphin cuts + practice squad

+4
CarsonChris
HalCHorn
DolFan 316
JMP
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dolphin cuts + practice squad Empty Dolphin cuts + practice squad

Post by JMP Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:02 pm

Cuts I've heard so far:
Gerrid Doaks
Adam Pankey
Mohamed Sanu
Calvin Munson
Blaise Andries
Darius Hodge

Last edited by JMP on Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dolphin cuts + practice squad Empty Re: Dolphin cuts + practice squad

Post by JMP Mon Aug 29, 2022 4:36 pm

Sony Michel cut! I bet they keep both Gaskin and Ahmed, then.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:14 pm

JMP wrote:Sony Michel cut!  I bet they keep both Gaskin and Ahmed, then.

Remember when I said the Michel signing made absolutely no sense? It's almost like I know what I'm talking about, or something. Hmmm scratch Cool

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com/t2647-phins-sign-rb-sony-michel?highlight=sony+michel

Dumping a geezer everybody knew would be dumped and a few guys I didn't even know were on the team doesn't satisfy me. I want blood, dammit! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

BTW for some reason I've always loved that Gaskin and Ahmed were college teammates at Washington before joining the Fins. IMO they're a package deal. Having only one stay while the other goes just...wouldn't feel right to me.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:38 pm

A couple more--Zaquandre White is gone Crying or Very sad as are DB Quincy Wilson, CB Elijah Hamilton, DL Owen Carney Jr. DT Niles Scott and CB D'Angelo Ross.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/29/sony-michel-among-first-wave-of-dolphins-cuts/

You have no idea how much I hated having to go to PFT of all places to find this out Evil or Very Mad Also, nobody I want gone is gone yet. Seeing two CBs cut who aren't Iggy has put me in a foul mood...

Remember when we all thought Zaquandre was the great White hope? (Sighs.) I should've known he'd be gone after he was so quiet for 2 months though. He needed to pull a Skylar to stand out at such a crowded position and he just never did.

Last edited by DolFan 316 on Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:36 pm

White is a good PS candidate. Showed flashes.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:33 am

Tough decisions. A couple players stood out in practice so trying to stash them on practice squad won't work. Tanner Connor is one of them. Size and speed. He has to stay.

CarsonChris

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:00 am

Kindley is something of a surprise. McKinley and Goode absolutely have to be on the practice squad. I was rooting for Bowden, but he wasn't standing out at a stacked position.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:45 am

IMO it was downright cruel to keep Kindley hanging around like that only to cut him anyway, especially after he worked so hard from all accounts trying to adapt to a system he was a horrible fit for.

I would just love to know what Grier's wife thinks about what Iggy and Preston Williams are doing to/with him to keep their spots. #sloppyseconds Yeah, I went there. I warned everybody I'd be upset.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:47 am

The Dolphins drew closer to the 53-man roster limit on Tuesday morning, cutting veteran receivers Lynn Bowden and Preston Williams and guard Solomon Kindley.

Also let go, according to sources: seventh-round rookie edge player Cameron Goode, offensive tackles Larnel Coleman and Kion Smith, rookie offensive tackle Kellen Dietsch, rookie safety Verone McKinley III, and veteran edge players Portis Gustin and Brennan Scarlett.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article264309291.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:48 am

DolFan 316 wrote:I would just love to know what Grier's wife thinks about what Iggy and Preston Williams are doing to/with him to keep their spots.

while Iggy is still around, my understanding is that Preston Williams is cut.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:56 am

mercury22nathan wrote:
DolFan 316 wrote:I would just love to know what Grier's wife thinks about what Iggy and Preston Williams are doing to/with him to keep their spots.

while Iggy is still around, my understanding is that Preston Williams is cut.

Okay cool. That's *one* small win at least. I read somewhere about 20 minutes ago he was still around and just about lost it.

McDaniel showing me so far that as a offense-oriented head coach he doesn't seem to care one whit about developing any young front 7 defensive players who look even remotely promising. Just no reason for Gustin AND Goode (and now Ben Stille) to go so that geezers like Melvin Ingram and Trey Flowers can hang around.

There's still time for Iggy to be gone. I'm clinging to that hope as long as I possibly can!!!

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:03 am

Cowboys just waived Alec Lindstrom, who some here were high on. Just sayin'.

I'm now hoping the Fins can get this torture over with by noon so I have more time to deal with the depression.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:47 am

They were attempting to trade Williams but unsurprisingly found no takers. Never took another step after 2019.

My potential big beef (assuming Thompson is on the roster, if he isn't that will be the big beef to end all big beefs) will be if Kohou isn't on the roster and Iggy is. But I have to think Kohou is on this roster. He's another Needham IMO.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:57 am

Maybe it's taking so long to make the final cuts because there are trade talks regarding Bridgewater and/or Iggy...

A man can dream, can't he?

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:19 pm

With the off-season moves at WR and Gesicki and Waddle the fringe WRs that can't stay healthy had no shot.
Hopefully Goode makes it to the PS but I don't see it. Not liking a draft pick gets cut in first camp. Does not look good for GM/scouting department as specially when Iggy is still here.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:34 pm

Kohou and Thompson both made it. Enguavoen making it over Goode isn't that big a surprise. Looks like Gaskin is here for another year under a reasonable contract too. Tanner Conner appears safe as well, though he may spend some time on IR.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:13 pm

Thompson making it was the absolute bare minimum of what I wanted, and it was a no-brainer that I'm still convinced Grier and McDaniel didn't really want to do and almost screwed up. At least they kept next season's starting TE Tanner Connor so there's also that.

Four of the 11 players Grier drafted just 2 years ago are now gone, but Iggy's not. He is one lucky-ass SOB, that's all I have left to say. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

(Storms out in a huff.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:42 pm

The Bills waived Duke Johnson. #bringhimback

They also cut OJ Howard. He HAS to be better than Long, right?

Also, ex-Fin Justin Coleman was waived by the Seahawks. I'd rather have him than Iggy.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:12 am

Bridgewater should be gone. I don't feel like his veteran presence in a room is worth it. If you keep him than you are essentially saying that you don't believe Tua can stay healthy. Sure its a concern, but the only reason Bridgewater came here is his Florida connection and maybe the idea that Tua wouldn't be as good giving him a shot at QB1. The pre season has been decided and he aint it. So lets move on. Give other players who deserve a shot not a given spot. New regime, new scheme, new team, new dream. Let's not hang on to the old shit.
Umix10
Umix10

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:38 am

Umix10 wrote:Bridgewater should be gone.  I don't feel like his veteran presence in a room is worth it.  If you keep him than you are essentially saying that you don't believe Tua can stay healthy.  Sure its a concern, but the only reason Bridgewater came here is his Florida connection and maybe the idea that Tua wouldn't be as good giving him a shot at QB1. The pre season has been decided and he aint it. So lets move on.  Give other players who deserve a shot not a given spot.  New regime, new scheme, new team, new dream. Let's not hang on to the old shit.

HA!!! PREACH IT, BRUTHA!!! UMIX OUT HERE DROPPING TRUTH BOMBS!!! cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:29 am

DolFan 316 wrote:The Bills waived Duke Johnson. #bringhimback

They also cut OJ Howard. He HAS to be better than Long, right?

Also, ex-Fin Justin Coleman was waived by the Seahawks. I'd rather have him than Iggy.

Duke was a guaranteed cut once the Bills drafted Cook. I love the Duke, but no room for him on the current Dolphins roster.

OJ Howard sucks. I loved him in college, but he's a marginal NFL player.

Justin Coleman is a slot corner. We need a boundary corner. I'd keep Needham in the slot and give Kohou a chance to start in place of Jones. But they could decide to move Needham outside and have Kohou or even Holland play the slot. And of course, there is a chance they give Iggy a shot at replacing Jones.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:35 am

DolFan 316 wrote: Just no reason for Gustin AND Goode (and now Ben Stille) to go so that geezers like Melvin Ingram and Trey Flowers can hang around.

Wrong. This is no longer a Dolphins team that is treading water and waiting for next year. This is a team ready to compete NOW. Ingram and Flowers are both proven veterans with great pass rush and run defense ability. Goode and Stille are raw undrafted rookies, and Gustin is entering his 4th NFL season after 3 years spent doing almost nothing with the Browns. I like all three players, but on a 'win now' roster there is simply no place for them. None of them are exceptional players in any way and can be added to the practice squad if the Phins want them. I'm not sure any of the 3 have a future in this league.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:41 am

HalCHorn wrote:Kindley is something of a surprise.

Yeah, definitely. He's clearly out of shape, but is also clearly a road grader who dominates in run blocking and holds hos own in pass pro. Ultimately I think we hope to add OL Justin Skule from the 49ers, so I doubt Kindley would have stuck anyway. It'll be interesting to see if anyone picks him up. I could see him on the Browns.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:49 pm

Ben Stille, River Cracraft, Zaquandre White, Porter Gustin, Verone McKinley, Braylon Sanders and Cameron Goode are being signed to the Phins' practice squad.  Also CB Kalon Barnes (from Baylor), who ran the fastest 40 at the Combine.

So, we added every player I wanted to add!  Love it!  And we still have a bunch of practice squad slots available.

RB Sony Michel signed with the Chargers, DT Benito Jones signed with the Lions, and OT Kellen Diesch signed with the Bears. And as I predicted: Lynn Bowden is now on the Patriots' practice squad.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:09 pm

I hated to see Bowden go, but like Hal said, that position was stacked. I actually was thinking they may keep Cracraft as well. He looked like a reincarnation of Welker out there in that last preseason game!!

I just don't know what happened to Kindley. He looked like he was going to be an ANSWER at OG for the Phins for a long time to come his rookie season, and then... the wheels fell off... or got busted off by excessive carb-intake maybe???

And they kept Robert Jones? He may fit the blocking scheme better, but when you need to run to preserve a victory, it's nice to have a big arsed OG who can throw his weight on the D-line and allow you to run out the clock. Kindley could do that was my thinking.

Anyway... no real surprises other than Iggy still drawing his exorbitant salary.
finfanatic
finfanatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next