The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parker injury Scott comes out of Practice Squad

4 posters

Go down

Parker injury Scott comes out of Practice Squad Empty Parker injury Scott comes out of Practice Squad

Post by rightchea Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:12 pm

Zac Jackson wrote:The Dolphins will promote rookie wide receiver Rashawn Scott from their practice squad, the Miami Herald reported.
The move is related to the status of wide receiver DeVante Parker, who missed practice Wednesday with a back injury. Parker left last Sunday’s win over the 49ers after landing awkwardly, and his status for Sunday’s game at Baltimore is unknown

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/11/30/report-dolphins-will-call-up-a-receiver/

So it sounds like Parker back issue is a little more serious then we thought.

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Parker injury Scott comes out of Practice Squad Empty Re: Parker injury Scott comes out of Practice Squad

Post by JMP Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:17 pm

Damn, Parker just can't stay healthy. No

I hope Rashawn Scott gets some game reps - I always felt he could be a real good receiver with proper coaching.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Parker injury Scott comes out of Practice Squad Empty Re: Parker injury Scott comes out of Practice Squad

Post by Birdmond Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:53 am

I'm going to give Parker a pass on the latest injury because it came on one hell of an effort. It's those hammy issues I can't forgive. I'm more exited to see Caroo. When he caught his touchdown I thought it was a TE. The dude is getting big.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:42 am

the Rashawn Scott promotion was made possible by the release of Leon Orr due to an arrest.

Miami Dolphins player Leon Orr was arrested Tuesday in Collier County on marijuana-possession charges, the Naples Daily News reported.

The 24-year-old defensive end was released on $7,000 bond, according to the report.

The Dolphins learned of Orr’s arrest during the team’s Wednesday practice, pulled him off the field and promptly cut him.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article117976683.html

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:01 am

It would be nice to see something out of Scott as well. I don't believe paying Stills next year is a good use of cap space. Hopefully Caroo and Scott show something.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:49 am

Birdmond wrote:It would be nice to see something out of Scott as well.  I don't believe paying Stills next year is a good use of cap space.  Hopefully Caroo and Scott show something.  

Agreed.  Stills is a playmaker, but I hold my breath on every pass to him because he NEVER catches the ball cleanly.  It seems like he doesn't know how to position his hands and every pass is bobbled whether he catches it or not.  I'd be scared to give him a big contract. 

It would be awesome if one of these young guys shows enough this season to make Stills expendable.  Carroo doesn't have the speed, but he has much better hands and is bigger and tougher than Stills.  As far as Scott, in terms of size/speed/athleticism, he's the total package.  But can he put it all together at the NFL level and learn how to run routes?  Either way, I'm not sure giving Stills a big contract is the right move for the Phins.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rightchea Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Still uses his body to catch passes, but at the moment is he the most healthy and reliable. So paying him would make a little more sense then keeping any of the other broken down players that Miami has.

For Scott, I am a big UM fan and for him to be added to the roster is what I was hoping for. Lets hope he shows out

rightchea

Back to top Go down

Post by Birdmond Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:54 pm

rightchea wrote:Still uses his body to catch passes, but at the moment is he the most healthy and reliable. So paying him would make a little more sense then keeping any of the other broken down players that Miami has.

For Scott, I am a big UM fan and for him to be added to the roster is what I was hoping for. Lets hope he shows out

Can't pay Stills and Landry. I'd extend Landry with the money Stills would have gotten. Now if Pouncey AND Albert get cut it's not impossible but I can think of much better ways to spend than on Stills.

Birdmond

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:58 pm

Agreed on all counts there, bird.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:39 pm

Parker missed practice again today.  He did some light running, but considering he didn't practice at all this week I assume he'll be out on Sunday.  Time for Carroo to show that all those draft picks were worth it.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down