The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Tua retire?

5 posters

Go down

Will Tua retire?  Empty Will Tua retire?

Post by CarsonChris Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:44 am

Famous neurologist Bennet Omalu suggest Tua retire after that severe concussion he sustained vs Cincinnati.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Will Tua retire?  Empty Re: Will Tua retire?

Post by CarsonChris Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:54 am

How the Dolphins doctors deal with concussions

https://youtu.be/UzAnaUTfRVs

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:24 am

Very Happy Very Happy That's hilarious! "A bit shaken, but not stirred." LOL

As for Tua, there is zero chance that he retires now. If he gets another concussion this season, who knows...but no way would he hang 'em up now. He is supposedly feeling good and has no additional damage, and I'm sure he is chomping at the bit to get back on the field - whenever that may be.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:28 am

CarsonChris wrote:Famous neurologist Bennet Omalu suggest Tua retire after that severe concussion he sustained vs Cincinnati.

The league would love that, wouldn't they? It would be the perfect reason to throw the book at this team while completely ignoring other teams shoving concussed players back onto the field as recently as this weekend! They couldn't even wait ONE WEEK to at least PRETEND they cared about player safety! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

If the league or NFLPA actually has the gall to say they'll punish the Fins if they don't MAKE Tua retire immediately, then I say attorneys should get involved! I never thought I'd see the day when the league openly conspired to get rid of a pleyer IN-SEASON for being better than he was "supposed" to but here we are.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:13 am

I love how all these "experts" know everything there is to know about Tua's condition without actually seeing him or his test results, as if seeing something on TV provides the full story.

And why isn't Bennet Omalu calling for Tee Higgins to retire? He had two concussions in less than a month. For that matter, a dozen players entered the concussion protocol after week 4, including "known" players such as Denzel Perryman, Shaq Leonard, Isaiah McKenzie, Terrell Edmunds, Adrian Amos and Cameron Brate, as well as two QBs (Brian Hoyer and Tyrod Taylor). In Brate's case, he left the game to be tested for a concussion, came back in and played, and then was taken out again and placed in the concussion protocol. Has anyone even talked about that in the media? Is there any particular reason why Omalu wants Tua to retire but is completely ignoring all these other players???

I'm not usually one for conspiracy theories, but at this point it is pretty clear that there is a witch hunt going on to take down Tua and the Dolphins. I don't know why that is, but there is a concerted effort to target Tua...and, really, it is just a continuation of the Tua hate that we have seen since he entered the league. It is just taking a new form now that he disproved all the jackasses who said he sucked and couldn't succeed in the NFL.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:11 am

this guy wants the Dolphins coaches in jail.

Dr. Chris Nowinski, a neuroscientist who specializes in concussions and CTE, fumed last week that the Dolphins’ medical staff and coaches should be fired and thrown in jail after Tagovailoa suffered two possible concussions in five days.

The second head knock caused the star quarterback’s hands and arms to seize up immediately and landed him in the hospital. The first hit five days earlier was listed by the team as a back injury despite being “an obvious concussion,” according to Nowinski.

“Two concussions in 5 days can kill someone. This can end careers. How are we so stupid in 2022,” Nowinski wrote. “You guys should go to jail for letting him play 5 days after an obvious concussion you covered up. If he dies from second-impact syndrome, I’m pushing form [sic] murder charges.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/broken-system-ex-coach-fumes-162511674.html

yet no mention of the other teams. or the fact that the NFL has spotters who are the ones who can have a player removed. or that it was the since-fired NFLPA's expert that cleared Tua (as if firing him after the fact absolves them). no, no, that's right. its all the Dolphins fault. Mad

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:23 am

I heard that clown on the radio. Another "expert" who knows absolutely nothing about Tua's specific situation.

I wouldn't mind if all these hacks pointed fingers at the many other players and teams that have dealt with concussions this season. But it's beyond ludicrous that they only talk about Tua and the Dolphins.

Funny how no one said a word about Belichick keeping Edelman in the game in that Super Bowl where he won MVP - and clearly played with a concussion he suffered in that very game. Or how about the 20 concussions that Gronk claims he had in his career? Where were the mobs with pitchforks and nooses then?? Did Nowinski call for Belichick's head back then???

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:59 pm

Colts RB Nyheim Hines suffered a similar concussion to Tua tonight. The "experts" better be calling for him to retire.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:34 pm

Not sure about Tua, but watching this disaster of a game between the Colts and Broncos I think both Matt Ryan and Russell Wilson should retire. Worst game I've ever seen, and both QBs are BRUTAL.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:31 am

yep, that game last night was brutal. it was worse than watching baseball. Very Happy

well, i guess Joe Burrow must retire too.

"It's hard to say," Burrow said when asked what it felt like. "You start to ring a little bit. I've never had any lasting effects from a concussion. I've been hit and forgot the rest of the game before. That has happened a couple of times. But I've never had one where I have headaches for a week or where I have symptoms where I have headaches for like a week.

"I've had some (hits) where I don't remember the second half or I don't remember the entire game or I know I got a little dizzy at one point. But nothing long-lasting."

Burrow said he suspects "everybody has (had a concussion) that plays this game."

"You can make all the rules you want to make the game as safe as you possibly can but there's an inherent risk and danger with the game of football," Burrow said. "You have 300-pound men running 20 miles an hour trying to take your head off while you're standing still, trying to ignore it and find receivers that are open and then sometimes you have to go run to try and get a first down. ... It's part of the game, I think. Part of what we signed up for.

"You're going to have head injuries. You're going to tear your ACL. You're going to break your arm. That's the game that we play. That's the life that we live. And we get paid handsomely for it. I think going into every game, we know what we're getting ourselves into."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2022/10/05/bengals-qb-joe-burrow-admits-he-has-forgotten-entire-halves-after-big-hits/8189760001/

no NFLPA investigation? no "the Bengals are evil for forcing Joe to play"? of course, its only the Dolphins that are guilty...of actually listening to the NFLPA/league appointed concussion doctors!!

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:44 am

I wish I was an attorney, I could have a field day with the NFLPA's hypocrisy in just the past week alone! How much more will it take for people to see this as the anti-Dolphins witch hunt it's been all along?!?!

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:16 am

uh oh, it looks like they're gonna need a bigger jail cell - Andy Reid will be joining McDaniel.

During an Oct. 30 game against the Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium, Smith twice hit his head on the turf. Twice he left the game and was evaluated for a concussion. And once he was allowed to return to the game.

The Chiefs later said Smith wasn’t ruled to have had a concussion. But on the podcast, Smith said he lost consciousness at one point and definitely had a concussion.

Smith first left that game against the Colts after being hit while sliding. Smith tried to jump up, but was wobbly, much like Tagovailoa last week, he said.

After being removed from the game, Smith was asked basic questions on the sideline.

But in that 2016 game, Smith passed the test and was taken to the locker room for round two of testing with a trainer and neurologist.

The doctor determined Smith had passed that test and he returned to the Chiefs sideline. Smith pressed coach Andy Reid to allow him to return to the game.

“Here’s a coach I have a ton of respect for. Has coached football as long as anybody, right? He was there but ... the experts cleared me. I passed,” Smith said. “I passed their metric of a concussion that I got through and similarly that Tua shouldn’t have (go through). And I went back in the game.”

Smith returned in the second quarter of that game against the Colts. But shortly after halftime, Smith again was hit while sliding and his head slammed into the turf.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alex-smith-details-circumvented-concussion-151623402.html

hmm, how can we blame this on the Dolphins?

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:48 am

I didn't hear it, but apparently noted concussion expert Stephen A. Smith dragged McDaniel over the coals this week for allowing Tua to come back in the Bills game. I guess we can expect him to do the same with Andy Reid??? Rolling Eyes Well, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

Apparently, the NFLPA is calling their new concussion guidelines "The Tua Rule" or some such nonsense, as if no other player has ever had a concussion. The Tua and Dolphins hate is running rampant right now.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:47 pm

Looks like the Dolphins followed the rules so the NFL is going to change the rules.

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:54 pm

Don't waste any more time looking for the dumbest take, I've found it:

https://www.outkick.com/tiffany-cross-thinks-nfl-samoan-tua-tagovailoa-is-black/

HalCHorn

DolFan 316 and white1 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down