The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JUST RETIRE, PEYTON!!!

3 posters

Go down

JUST RETIRE, PEYTON!!!  Empty JUST RETIRE, PEYTON!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:15 pm

Win or lose the Super Bowl, just walk away before things get worse for you. Seriously.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

JUST RETIRE, PEYTON!!!  Empty Re: JUST RETIRE, PEYTON!!!

Post by HalCHorn Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:10 pm

It's time. Win or lose his legacy is secure, with two Super Bowls for two different teams. His 2015 felt a lot like Marino's 1999, with the exception that he had a defense capable of carrying him through the playoffs if he just avoided mistakes.

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:14 pm

HalCHorn wrote:It's time.  Win or lose his legacy is secure, with two Super Bowls for two different teams.  His 2015 felt a lot like Marino's 1999, with the exception that he had a defense capable of carrying him through the playoffs if he just avoided mistakes.  

I felt the exact same way, and I'm not just saying that. I know I haven't been really keeping track of the NFL this season but just looking at various numbers it absolutely blows my mind how the Broncos finagled the #1 seed. Just like it'll blow my mind if their current "gum your way past the opponent and pray Peyton doesn't screw it up" approach actually wins them a title in today's NFL.

But I really do feel like this next game will for all intents and purposes be literal torture for both Peyton and anybody watching who expects any sort of competitive contest. I'm still torn on whether or not to watch. I guess it'll depend on my mood that day.

Not to mention that whole PED thing hanging over his head, which I suspect will quietly disappear if he leaves now. If he stays on the other hand I have a nasty feeling his legacy will wind up like Lance Armstrong's.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Degarmo Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:22 am

He's lost quite a bit of his physical skill, and it's time. It was actually time at the end of last season, in my opinion, but now it's overdue. If he comes back again, it will be an embarrassment to his legacy. One more game, and then off to TV with you.

Degarmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down