The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game 8 at Lions predictions

+2
DolFan 316
JMP
6 posters

Go down

Game 8 at Lions predictions Empty Game 8 at Lions predictions

Post by JMP Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:38 pm

Merc threw down the gauntlet and I am accepting the challenge: make your predictions for this weekend in this thread!

The Lions are getting their offense back to full-strength just in time to face the Dolphins....typical Dolphins bad luck Swift and St. Brown - two of the top offensive weapons in the league this season - are healthy and on-track to play in this one. That makes this game much tougher, especially with a banged-up Miami secondary.

This game has the potential to be a shootout. At full-strength, the Lions have been one of the league's top offenses. They have weapons everywhere, but their weak spot is at QB, where Jared Goff is just as likely to turn the ball over as he is to make a big play. That said, he's having a pretty good season overall and if he gets time to throw he can and will do damage. The Lions' D is awful, but as we well know the Dolphin D has had more than it's share of ineptitude as well.

So how does this game play out??

My guess: this is the week we see the Dolphins offense come to life and achieve the high level that was hinted at early in the season. I think the running game will dominate, and I think Tua will shake the rust off and have a big game with his three top weapons (Hill, Waddle, Gesicki). I think the Lions' offense will make some plays - but I also think Coach Boyer's "bend don't break" strategy will pay off and have them settling for FGs instead of TDs. I'm also expecting the Miami D to force a few turnovers...maybe even a pick 6.

When the dust settles, the Dolphins walk away with a big road win, to the tune of 38-16.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Game 8 at Lions predictions Empty Re: Game 8 at Lions predictions

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:29 pm

Don't you just love how after St. Brown became, to the best of my knowledge, the first non-Fins player to be yanked from a game via spotter fiat? And how every sports media outlet reported he had a concussion, but then 2 days later they all did a 180 and said he didn't? Or how on Tuesday it was already decided that St. Brown would be perfectly fine to play against the Fins and nobody said a word about it, after Bridgewater wasn't even allowed to practice until Friday after his non-concussion? And that this all comes the week after Kenny Pickett had an actual concussion, but was fast-tracked to face the Fins again with zero outrage from anybody and allowed to practice on Wednesday that week? But hey, no anti-Fins conspiracy here, nope, move along and don't question what we tell you the truth is. I said don't question us, dammit! Take your next booster shot and shut up!

Anyway, if the Fins can't score more than one TD against literally the league's worst D, then all hope is truly lost. I say they do but lose either 27-24 (if Tua's allowed to play the entire game) or 24-20 if he's not. These days, you always have to account for the Spotter Factor. Also, afterwards the media yammers about it being a Dan Campbell revenge game even though he was just an interim Fins coach 7 years ago who still has fewer wins now than he did in 12 games that season.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:36 am

Yeah, Goodell just keeps sticking his pecker in a hornet's nest. You want the be the judge and jury, fine, you get to take all the heat. You want to be the moral exemplar, then be a consistent exemplar.

How in heck is someone looking at freakin' tape gonna tell about concussions. And then if the players goes out and gets damaged for life the NFL is solely at fault. The was just as stupid as most decisions Goodell has made IMO. A moron got to moron!

I hope JMP is right, but if the Phins let the Lions hang around, this could go sideways IMO.

The Phins SHOULD win. But on the road, you have to have a killer instinct and so far, I don't think McDaniel has shown that. Steady, solid, but he never seems to get the the vibe that the game is slipping away and have any idea how to reverse the momentum.

I will say the Phins win...hopefully.
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:48 pm

JMP picked up that gauntlet and waved it in the air flying the Phins flag high. now i'm gonna pick it back up, piss in it and slap it across Dan Campbell's chiseled jaw.

Dolphins - 36
Lions - 17

Mostert rips runs of 17 and 26 on the first drive and is subsequently removed for a phantom concussion (fulfilling DF's prophecy that Mostert gets injured and the NFL conspires against the Dolphins). Edmunds comes and drops a pass and then drops another pass...into the arms of a Detroit LB who returns a pick six. Edmunds is yanked and Gaskins comes in to shred the Lions defense for a 121 yard and 2 TD day.

Do i really think all that will happen? "now i've drunk a lot of wine and i'm feeling fine, got to race some cat to bed." YES.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:26 am

I have a 2pm Devil's game so hopefully 5G is good on my phone to catch bits and pieces of Fins.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:09 pm

Lions made it look easy on first drive. Am I surprised the defense let us down? Unfortunately. No….
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:23 pm

Great start fumble then another lions TD. Took them 11 plays to score twice. Yeah, great defense
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:03 pm

Fins now 5-0 when Tua starts and finishes the entire game. I heard the game spotter got fired immediately afterwards.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:09 pm

Lol! Forgive my over reaction. God that first half was ugly for our defense.
white1
white1

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:19 pm

white1 wrote:Lol! Forgive my over reaction. God that first half was ugly for our defense.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down