The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS: Phins trade for Chubb!

+4
finskev
JEGnj
white1
JMP
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Phins trade for Chubb! Empty BREAKING NEWS: Phins trade for Chubb!

Post by JMP Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:33 pm

Bradley Chubb is a Dolphin. waiting on full details, but Schefter said it is a package deal that includes the Dolphins first rounder in 2023.

Not sure how I feel about this one at all...need to see the details first. But - we got a legit pass rusher so I am excited about that.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Phins trade for Chubb! Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Phins trade for Chubb!

Post by JMP Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:34 pm

Here are the details:

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

Trade terms, source tells ESPN:

MIA trades:
⁃2023 1st (SF pick)
⁃2024 4th
⁃RB Chase Edmonds

DEN trades:
⁃OLB Bradley Chubb
⁃2025 5th
2:27 PM · Nov 1, 2022

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: Phins trade for Chubb! Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS: Phins trade for Chubb!

Post by JMP Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:36 pm

WOW! I really don't like giving up the 1st, but most likely that pick will be in the bottom half of the round so it's not that bad I suppose. I'm also surprised they gave up on Edmonds so soon.

Here's hoping that Chubb is the real deal...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:40 pm

Cameron Wolfe
@CameronWolfe

Bradley Chubb boosts a Dolphins pass rush that has struggled immensely to get home without blitzing. Chubb, who has 5.5 sacks and 2 FF, is a huge get to help a Dolphins D that has decimated by injuries. Miami loading up for a playoff push.
2:32 PM · Nov 1, 2022 from Miramar, FL

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:41 pm

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter

The Dolphins are expected to work out a new longterm deal with new pass rusher Bradley Chubb, per sources.
2:30 PM · Nov 1, 2022

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 01, 2022 2:59 pm

Ryan Smith
@PFF_RyanSmith

In Jaelan Phillips and now Bradley Chubb, the #Dolphins have 2 edge defenders who rank inside top-20 in pass-rushing grade this season

23 and 26 years old too, by the way…

#FinsUp
2:39 PM · Nov 1, 2022

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:03 pm

Albert Breer
@AlbertBreer

The Dolphins got three first-rounders back in the deal the 49ers did with them to go up for Trey Lance. Miami traded all three of them.

• '21 pick packaged to trade up for Jaylen Waddle.
• '22 pick sent to Chiefs for Tyreek Hill.
• '23 pick sent to Broncos for Bradley Chubb.
2:39 PM · Nov 1, 2022

Grier wheeling and dealing! All in for a big run...let's see how it plays out...

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:06 pm

This is interesting:

ESPN Stats & Info
@ESPNStatsInfo

Bradley Chubb has the 3rd-highest Pass Rush Win Rate this season among edge rushers, defeating his blocks within 2.5 seconds 26.7% of the time, according to ESPN Analytics in conjunction with NFL Next Gen Stats.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:32 pm

Wow. Grier sent a lot to Denver for Chubb. However, in pairing him with Phillips they now have two good, young edge rushers to build around. If Phillips continues to develop, possible they move on from Chubb after a few seasons if his injury history becomes a major problem.

We do reap the benefit of an immediate boost to rushing the passer. And this in a 5-3 season as we embark on a playoff run. Really hard to critique the move from that standpoint.

Our secondary is banged up, and getting pressure on the QB is a great way to help them out. No one is dealing a James Bradberry at this point in the year. Most likely we will sign Jackson (apparently Commanders trying to trade him unsuccessfully) to our practice squad to bolster veteran depth - if possible. He's not great, but would give us some more experience and depth - it's a depleted unit.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:38 pm

As long as they get a deal done with Chubb I think him and Wilson just upgraded the team. Injuries have hurt the OL and secondary but next man up. I'm still worried about not extending Gesicki and him getting traded or going elsewhere next season.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:02 pm

Like this Trade and we even got rid of Stone Hands in the Process, 1st rd pick the Niners will probably be in the Mid 20’s. Resigning Him is the Key but We should be able to.

finskev

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:54 pm

CB William Jackson traded to Steelers at the last minute. Oh well.

As I look into the Chubb deal a bit more, I'm really starting to love it. The dude is a top-shelf pass rusher this season. Jae Phillips is going to be the big beneficiary of this move. And once Ogbah gets healthy, that gives us 3 legit pass rushers.

As soon as the 49ers acquired CMC, our 1st round draft pick was likely going to plummet. So from that perspective, trading a late first for a young pass rusher (that was drafted #5 overall a few years ago) is a boss move by Grier. And then turning around and upgrading the RB position...damn, that's impressive.

Here's something to think about: when you look at that draft-day trade we made with San Fran a couple of years ago, we essentially traded Trey Lance for Jaylen Waddle, Tyreek Hill and Bradley Chubb! That's just plain filthy! Twisted Evil

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:26 pm

LMAO!!! Of COURSE Grier trades for the injury-prone guy! Laughing Laughing Laughing

I heard the Jets were also fighting for Chubb too, which would explain the high price given up.

Now there realty are no excuses for not sacking Fields a minimum of THREE times.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:32 pm

Only other thing I would've wanted today was Cedric Wilson being traded off, since the rumor was that Dallas wanted him back. I suspect Cracraft's mysterious neck injury prevented that. And they have to decide what to do with Rowe, they can't have him languishing on the roster being inactive every week. Oh well. They needed pass rush help badly and got it, and also upgraded RB (on paper anyway) by shipping off Edmunds, who was averaging 2.9 yards per carry to Mostert's 4.5 behind the same O-line. I KNEW Grier wouldn't be able to resist making at least ONE trade.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:42 pm

I heard Fields is begging the Bears to be put INTO the concussion protocol so he'll miss the Fins game Twisted Evil

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Umix10 Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:25 pm

I like the trade! We have a ton of pass rushers that will give defenses fits.

Ingram, AVG, Phillips, and now Chubb. On paper this should be relentless.
Umix10
Umix10

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:33 pm

i like the deal. i'm optimistic Chubb (if Boyer uses him correctly) will significantly improve Miami's pass rush (assuming he remains healthy). while a first rounder plus seems like a pretty high price to pay, yet considering what Miami has done with some of their recent first rounders, maybe its not such a bad thing. as a pick later in the first round, would you rather have Chubb or the chance to draft another Iggy or Austin Jackson?

but one thing is clear, this team is all in for right now (at the expense of an immediate future built through the draft). and of course this only makes since if Chubb is signed to a longer deal...which probably mean Byron Jones and/or X Howard will have to go - not sure they can fit them all in next year.

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:34 pm

Gesicki and Jones are probaly gone to Help sign Chubb.

finskev

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:52 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:...yet considering what Miami has done with some of their recent first rounders, maybe its not such a bad thing.  as a pick later in the first round, would you rather have Chubb or the chance to draft another Iggy or Austin Jackson?

Laughing

Priceless.

And I agree completely. I think it was a fairly high price to pay for a guy you will then have to give a boatload of bucks to keep, but if the jets were in on the deal, it was worth it to keep Chubb away from GangGreen!

And Kev is right too IMO. There was probably a 1% chance of Miami keeping Gesicki, but that is kaput now IMO.

Jones though... Who knows?

I also agree with whoever said the Chubb deal SHOULD make the Phins pass rush fearsome but that will all depend on Zoneman Boyer.

Again, I think it is all going to depend of the Phins starters staying healthy. Despite how the banged up defense is playing, too many more injuries and things
could reach a "tipping point" I am thinking.
finfanatic
finfanatic

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:35 pm

mercury22nathan wrote:

but one thing is clear, this team is all in for right now

And the players on this roster will recognize and appreciate that. These moves serve notice to the team - as well as to the rest of the NFL - that the Dolphins' coaches and front office believe this team can not only get to the postseason, but make some noise.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:38 am

Phins extend Chubb's contract: 5 years, $119 million, $63.2 million guaranteed.

Great job by Grier and his staff to get a deal done so quickly. Now Chubb has to go out and earn it!

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:50 am

agreed. signing Chubb long term now certainly validates the trade even that much more.

mercury22nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:49 am

Also read that Miami has 23 million in cap space 2023. We have something like two dozen UFAs, highly likely will recraft LB corps, RB room, etc.

Excellent cap management by Grier.

My priority would be to extend Seiler. He is underpaid and provides a hell of a lot of value on the field.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:13 am

You can find all the Fins' cap info here, including the cap hits for any player they choose to part ways with in the offseason (coughJonescough).

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/miami-dolphins

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:39 am

white1 wrote:

My priority would be to extend Seiler.  He is underpaid and provides a hell of a lot of value on the field.

Yep, absolutely. And Wilkins only has one year left...would be great to lock him up sooner than later.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next