The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game thoughts: Week 13, Dolphins at 49ers

+4
JEGnj
finskev
CarsonChris
JMP
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Game thoughts: Week 13, Dolphins at 49ers - Page 2 Empty Re: Game thoughts: Week 13, Dolphins at 49ers

Post by JMP Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:10 pm

BTW - the officiating in this game was so pro-49ers, it was sickening. I don't mean this as sour grapes, but there were several really bad calls:

--Melvin Ingram called for tripping, when he clearly didn't trip anyone...the 49ers player simply ran into him and fell.
--Phantom holding call on the one long Mostert run - replay showed absolutely no holding.
--X Howard holding penalty that, well, wasn't a hold.
--Bosa hits Tua below the knees not once but twice - and no penalty called.
--Phillips tackled by an O-lineman - no penalty.
--Chubb held in a near-headlock - no penalty.

These were all absolutely bogus calls and blatant non-calls. It sucks having to play against a team AND the refs, but that's how it was yesterday. Some days are like that - I just wish there was more consistency in how these penalties are called.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Game thoughts: Week 13, Dolphins at 49ers - Page 2 Empty Re: Game thoughts: Week 13, Dolphins at 49ers

Post by JEGnj Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:15 pm

I'm not remembering the 2nd half quite the same as you all I guess. We took a 30-0 and totally fell apart and could not do anything to stop an almost upsetting comeback.

Our damn running game can't even fall forward for a yard.
JEGnj
JEGnj

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:41 pm

JEGnj wrote:I'm not remembering the 2nd half quite the same as you all I guess. We took a 30-0 and totally fell apart and could not do anything to stop an almost upsetting comeback.

The Dolphins literally went into cruise control in the second half. The defense put in backups and played less aggressive and the offense just got lazy (and then Armstead got hurt). You can argue that we should have kept playing full speed ahead till at least the 4th quarter - and I 100% agree with that. But we absolutely did not fall apart and were never in danger of losing the game or anything even close to that. The Texans barely had 200 yards of offense for the entire game, turned the ball over 3 times and scored just 3 points in the 4th quarter. We basically curbstomped them right out of the gate, and then went into 'just play out the game' mode after halftime - and they still never came close to getting back in the game.

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:14 pm

JMP wrote:BTW - the officiating in this game was so pro-49ers, it was sickening.  I don't mean this as sour grapes, but there were several really bad calls:

--Melvin Ingram called for tripping, when he clearly didn't trip anyone...the 49ers player simply ran into him and fell.
--Phantom holding call on the one long Mostert run - replay showed absolutely no holding.

These were all absolutely bogus calls and blatant non-calls.  It sucks having to play against a team AND the refs, but that's how it was yesterday.  Some days are like that - I just wish there was more consistency in how these penalties are called.

I saw someone else on the internet mention those exact same calls, and now I'm convinced the fix is in for the next two games. The league sees their chance to finally rid themselves of Tua making the playoffs and by God, they're gonna take advantage! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad The Bills game just might seriously be the single most blatant example of game fixing by the NFL ever, not even joking.

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:20 pm

JEGnj wrote:I'm not remembering the 2nd half quite the same as you all I guess. We took a 30-0 and totally fell apart and could not do anything to stop an almost upsetting comeback.

Our damn running game can't even fall forward for a yard.

JEGnj wrote:This was supposed to see how they handle adversity after almost being embarrassed by the Texans.

All the games Miami lost they could have won if not for pathetic breakdowns and sloppy play.

It's not just one game and still in the playoffs hunt. In those loses they did not gut it out. They got manhandled. They also have slug fests wins with shit teams.

I don't have the time to pick up all the truth JEGnj has been dropping on the floor since last night cheers cheers cheers

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:18 pm

DolFan 316 wrote:
JMP wrote:BTW - the officiating in this game was so pro-49ers, it was sickening.  I don't mean this as sour grapes, but there were several really bad calls:

These were all absolutely bogus calls and blatant non-calls.  It sucks having to play against a team AND the refs, but that's how it was yesterday.  Some days are like that - I just wish there was more consistency in how these penalties are called.

I saw someone else on the internet mention those exact same calls, and now I'm convinced the fix is in for the next two games. The league sees their chance to finally rid themselves of Tua making the playoffs and by God, they're gonna take advantage! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad The Bills game just might seriously be the single most blatant example of game fixing by the NFL ever, not even joking.

Yep, and the Bills are already getting every call their way...it could get really ugly for the Phins in Buffalo.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mercury22nathan Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:27 pm

before i put a bow on this game and flush it for good... Gesicki had a season low 9 snaps while Smythe had 27. i'm assuming this had to do with the need to assist the backup OT's in pass protection - cause it clearly wasn't to help blocking in the run game. i don't know, maybe, just maybe could McDaniel have found a way to utilize Gesicki in the pass game? yes, i know, he did drop the one catch he needed to make. but i'm thinking, why not motivate him - tell him, that Kittle guy on the other side thinks he's the best TE on the field and let Gesicki go prove him wrong. there was a time not long ago that Tua and Gesicki seemed to have a connection. or does force feeding Hill and Waddle into the record books leave no room for a TE who can catch (most of the time)?

mercury22nathan

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:08 pm

Great post, merc. There are only 2 issues I have with McDaniel's playcalling: under-utilizing Gesicki and not running the ball.

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2