The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fins-Bills Flexed To Saturday

+2
JMP
DolFan 316
6 posters

Go down

Fins-Bills Flexed To Saturday  Empty Fins-Bills Flexed To Saturday

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 05, 2022 1:41 pm

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/week-15-nfl-schedule-giants-commanders-flexed-to-sunday-night-dolphins-bills-headline-saturday-tripleheader/

So let me get this straight...after 2 consecutive road games played on one side on the nation, the Fins will have to...play a THIRD road game on the OTHER side of the nation on a short week now???

Yeah, they're boned.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Fins-Bills Flexed To Saturday  Empty Re: Fins-Bills Flexed To Saturday

Post by JMP Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:48 pm

I'm just hoping and praying they flex the Dec. 26 Monday night game out of there...Chargers at Colts. The Chargers will be eliminated by then, and the last thing anyone needs is another Colts prime time game! YUCK!

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:05 pm

Yeah, not understanding why Matt Ryan is such a draw to the suits in 2022 myself.

But glad to have the prime time games, though Buffalo in the evening on Dec. 17th is going to be as big a home field advantage as the Bills could hope for. I'll say this: if we can pull that off, we've definitely taken a big step to where we want to be.

HalCHorn

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:15 pm

Talk about playoff atmosphere, my God that stadium is going to be absolutely on fire. They are going to break the decibel meter.

white1
white1

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:21 pm

I agree the Fins are Getting the Shaft Twice, 1st with 3 Straight Road Games in December and then Playing on a Sunday Night getting back to Miami on Monday Morning than Playing again on Saturday Night. Still Think 12-5 or 11-6 will get us in.

finskev

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DolFan 316 Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:15 pm

finskev wrote:I agree the Fins are Getting the Shaft Twice, 1st with 3 Straight Road Games in December and then Playing on a Sunday Night getting back to Miami on Monday Morning than Playing again on Saturday Night. Still Think 12-5 or 11-6 will get us in.

It reminds me so much of what the NFL did to the Fins in '01-02.

In what I still insist to this day was an obvious attempt to get the Fins out of the playoffs after multiple blowout losses (and ratings flops) the league had them play a Monday/Sunday/Saturday December stretch with the last two games being at the 49ers and at the Pats. The first game was at home--but against the Colts, who nobody could've known would have a weird non-playoff 6-win season at that time. The Fins did beat the Colts (41-6, arguably the apex of the Wanny era) but dropped the last two. However, they made the playoffs anyway (and had yet another blowout loss).

The NFL responded by...doubling down in December '02 with a SECOND STRAIGHT Monday/Sunday/Saturday slate. This time the first 2 games were at home, but against the Bears (a playoff team in '01) and the Raiders ('02 AFC champs) before a short week road game VS the Vikings. This time the Fins did win the first 2 but lost the road game, and missed the playoffs.

This time around may be even worse, since all 3 games are on the road with the short week being arbitrarily scheduled at the last minute. The league seems to be doing everything it can short of having a fan run out of the stands and clonk Tua with a steel chair to make sure the Fins flop Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

DolFan 316

JMP likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finfanatic Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:43 pm

I am having a hard time seeing any HOPE for beating the Bills.

That's why winning this Chargers game is so important.

Maybe Fisher is up to speed and he makes the running game work... the Phins would need a really good rushing attack to beat the Bills IMO.
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down