The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chargers think they already got this won...

5 posters

Go down

Chargers think they already got this won... Empty Chargers think they already got this won...

Post by mercury22nathan Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:24 am

the Chargers (and their fans) see the Dolphins as an easy game for 3 prime reasons: 1. Phins have no one (LB) who can cover Ekeler who leads RBs in receiving yards (see struggles containing McCaffrey on short passes). 2. Injuries (even with a limited Armstead) at OT for Miami will lead to a big day for pass rushers Khalil Mack and Chris Rumph. 3. Miami struggles to run (and even avoids it) against bad rushing defenses (which the Chargers are).

https://sports.yahoo.com/chargers-reasons-optimism-vs-dolphins-162657602.html

and of you're not already motivated, here's some happy quotes you might like...

Herbert will be motivated about the chatter Tua was the better first-round pick in 2020 and Austin Ekeler will be a massive problem for Miami's weary defense.

Fortunately for Staley, if there's one team that might not be able to run the ball on the Chargers, it's Miami.

Tagovailoa didn't play well last week, and he's banged up a bit. The Chargers need the game more and should be able to move it against the Miami defense. Herbert gets the best of Tua as the down-field passing game finally explodes for the Chargers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/miami-dolphins-predictions-nfl-experts-130129889.html

F U SD!! kill 'em Phins!!!

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Chargers think they already got this won... Empty Re: Chargers think they already got this won...

Post by JMP Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:49 am

Well, they're not wrong about this: Ekeler is going to absolutely destroy the Miami defense as a receiver, just like CMC did last week. But he does that to every team - it's not necessarily a Dolphins thing, although it is something we are not good at. Ekeler is on pace to catch 120 passes, which would set a new receptions mark for RBs.

As for Mack and Rumph: Mack has 1 sack in his last 6 games, and Rumph has no sacks this season and just 1 in his 26 game career. Mack is washed up and Rumph is trash. The Chargers pass rush doesn't scare anyone.

Herbert is an overrated choke artist.

The game will likely be a shootout, but I think we're going to light up that garbage defense and ultimately win.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Chargers think they already got this won... Empty Re: Chargers think they already got this won...

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:54 am

Herbert being motivated by this mysterious "chatter" (I'm adding that word to my ever-growing list of ones I hate) that Tua was the better pick is laughably absurd considering that for over 2 years the media narrative was the complete opposite. Why didn't he have a problem with it then I wonder?  scratch

The cockiness, if true, is also absurdly laughable considering this team just lost to the same Raiders team that gagged away a game to Baker Mayfield last night.

The Chargers are legitimately a bad team who have 6 wins only by sheer Adam Gase-level luck.

That having been said, the Fins could very well lose since it's December and they never seem to win this time of year unless they have no chance at the playoffs, in which case they're borderline unbeatable.

DolFan 316

JMP and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by finskev Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:02 am

If Armstead Plays I Run the Ball like in the Browns Games, This DA who wrote that is basing his Opinion off of One Game. I have No Faith in Our Pass Defense at Less the Pass Rush gets some Strip Sacks in the Game. But Still Think We Will find a way to Win.

finskev

JMP and DolFan 316 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JEGnj Sat Dec 10, 2022 12:00 pm

This is one of the most important games in Tua's career right now. Going up against the QB a lot of us wanted but we are now fully on board with Tua.
JEGnj
JEGnj

DolFan 316 and finskev like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down