The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Tua doesn't play Sunday, who should start?

4 posters

Go down

If Tua doesn't play Sunday, who should start? Empty If Tua doesn't play Sunday, who should start?

Post by JMP Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:09 am

We still haven't heard anything about Tua's availability for the Bills game, and might not know for sure till the end of the week. My gut tells me that he will not play, but we'll find out soon enough.

So, if Tua can't go, who do you want to see as the starter?

I think I'd go with Bridgewater...assuming he is healthy enough to play. My reasoning is that Bridgewater is more likely to utilize Hill and Waddle in the deep game. Skylar showed some real toughness against the Jets, but he was unable to put points on the board and didn't try to stretch the field. I'm sure part of that was by design but it's not going to work against Buffalo. So yeah, I think Teddy gives us a better chance to score TDs. I also like his experience - he's seen it all and done it all, as opposed to Skylar who is very much learning on the job.

Neither option is great, or even good, but it is what it is...

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

If Tua doesn't play Sunday, who should start? Empty Re: If Tua doesn't play Sunday, who should start?

Post by white1 Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:02 am

Yeah, I would think Bridgewater assuming he can practice this week.

Otherwise, have him ready to come in off the bench - that might be the best combo.
white1
white1

Back to top Go down

If Tua doesn't play Sunday, who should start? Empty Re: If Tua doesn't play Sunday, who should start?

Post by mercury22nathan Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:19 am

what, no Mike Glennon love?  just kidding.

i'd rather see Skylar.  we all know what Bridgewater is and isn't.  i think Bridgewater's limitations are quite evident and have been proven time and time again over the course of his career.  he'll do just enough to keep us close until inexplicitly deciding to start throwing to the other color uniform in when the game is on the line.  i think we have yet to see Skylar play fully loose.  even against the Jets, he was double clutching and questioning his reads.  i'd like to see a Skylar that goes out and plays with the feeling there is no tomorrow so let it rip today.  i'd also like to see him use his mobility a little.

a fully healthy Bridgewater (which he is not) may indeed give a slightly better chance of winning, but really we're talking about maybe the difference between having a 1% or a 1.1% chance of winning.  i don't think Bridgewater will be back next year so might as well move forward with someone who at least might be on the roster.

in the end, i am at peace with whatever outcome (assuming Buffalo scores less that 49) occurs and am just going to enjoy getting to see the aqua and orange for one extra week this year.

mercury22nathan

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:44 am

Great post, merc!

If Glennon had been here all season and knew the offense well, I might put him at the top. But in the current situation, he's emergency only.

I agree that I'd love to see Skylar play fast and loose, but I just don't think he's there yet. He's way too hesitant at this point. Long-term, I like his ceiling as a potential multi-year #2, but right now I think he's simply too raw and not ready for prime time. And yes - he definitely needs to use his mobility more. He ran for 1000 yards in his college career, and we haven't seen that aspect of his game in the NFL yet.

White, you bring up something interesting with the word "combo". I actually thought about the possibility of using both QBs...maybe alternating series, or putting Skylar in for certain situations. Definitely not something I'd usually want to see, but in a must win, do or die game I'd love to see some creativity - especially since neither QB is all that good.

merc wrote:in the end, i am at peace with whatever outcome (assuming Buffalo scores less that 49) occurs and am just going to enjoy getting to see the aqua and orange for one extra week this year.

That's exactly where I'm at. I'll still be upset if we lose, just because that's how I am - but in the end, I'm just happy to have an opportunity to watch my team in the playoffs!

JMP
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HalCHorn Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:47 am

Official, Tua was not cleared.

Yeah if Bridgewater is healthy I’d go with him but Skylar is probably our best bet under the circumstances

HalCHorn

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:56 am

HalCHorn wrote:Official, Tua was not cleared.

Yeah if Bridgewater is healthy I’d go with him but Skylar is probably our best bet under the circumstances

I just started another thread for this. Not unexpected, but man this SUCKS. Sad No

JMP
Admin

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down