The Dolfan Cave
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INEXCUSABLE!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!! MIND BLOWINGLY AWFUL!!!

5 posters

Go down

INEXCUSABLE!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!! MIND BLOWINGLY AWFUL!!!  Empty INEXCUSABLE!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!! MIND BLOWINGLY AWFUL!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:40 pm

WHY does this team even BOTHER with the damn draft?!?! Why do *I* bother even keeping track of all the bumblers, busts and bums they pick because "he was the best player on our board"?

Once AGAIN the Fins screw up the draft in a way that even I, the Potentate Of Pessimism, could not even fathom they would. And I know why. It's because as a sane person I cannot predict, nor be expected to predict, the actions and behavior and thought processes of insane people. It's simply not possible.

At least I did call that Grier would not only refuse to select Torrence or a TE or any player WE wanted and instead of trading down, stay put and take some random guy at a position the Fins didn't even need.

Not ONE DolFan here or anywhere I saw on the net had them picking a CB at 51. Not. One. And Cam Smith was probably the 4th or 5th best CB available to boot, just because that's how this team rolls.

CAM SMITH!!! YOU EEEEEEDIOTS!!!

SMDH Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

EDIT: And the Bills take Torrence for the crap icing on top of the pile of shit cake. Wonderful.

I literally cannot fathom how this draft tonight could possibly have gone any worse. Which of course means it's about to.

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

INEXCUSABLE!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!! MIND BLOWINGLY AWFUL!!!  Empty Re: INEXCUSABLE!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!! MIND BLOWINGLY AWFUL!!!

Post by finfanatic Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:10 am

Laughing

It's only as bad as you think, DF316, if Cam Smith is Iggy bad.

He has the talent and the skills to be very good. But the rumor is he had motivational concerns. And an injury problem, so...

Yeah, this pick was all sorts of Grier-like but it could work out. Fangio can probably fix Smith or at least get him to play in the NFL.

And the Achane pick was a good one, so there is that at least.
finfanatic
finfanatic

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

INEXCUSABLE!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!! MIND BLOWINGLY AWFUL!!!  Empty Re: INEXCUSABLE!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!! MIND BLOWINGLY AWFUL!!!

Post by DolFan 316 Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:49 am

The more I find out about Smith, the less I like.

In addition to being a diva head case, he's one of those DBs who likes to get physical grabby like a man before #metoo, which means he'll be a penalty magnet.

So yeah, it looks like the typical Fins draft special where yet again not only is a player passed up at positions of need, but the player taken needlessly isn't even that good himself!

Also, I am now convinced that Grier's refusal to acknowledge that the O-line and TE positions exist is a sign of early dementia. Yes, I'm serious.

The story of this draft might as well be called Chris Grier And The Horrible, Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Pick. Then again, that's pretty much the story of every Fins draft this century.

(Sighs.)

DolFan 316

Back to top Go down

Post by CarsonChris Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:19 am

I'm wondering if Xavien has anything left in the tank and this is the "insurance" policy. To me it looks like we have two of the top NFL coaches and if McDaniel and Fangio struggle with these Grier players we have the opportunity to upgrade at GM. Keep picking those shitty players Grier, you are tying your own noose!

CarsonChris

Back to top Go down

Post by white1 Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:31 am

To me it looks like we have two of the top NFL coaches and if McDaniel and Fangio struggle with these Grier players we have the opportunity to upgrade at GM. Keep picking those shitty players Grier, you are tying your own noose!

It's always the silver lining when I read reports questioning the quality of the Fins draft picks. At some point, the GM is the problem, right?

I mean as always - we'll see.

If - IF - the O-line sucks again, we have a corner that doesn't pan out, and the Archane pick doesn't move the needle. Ross would have to make a change, wouldn't he?
white1
white1

DolFan 316 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMP Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:29 pm

white1 wrote:
If - IF - the O-line sucks again, we have a corner that doesn't pan out, and the Archane pick doesn't move the needle.  Ross would have to make a change, wouldn't he?

OR

Smith significantly improves our secondary and Achane is a home run hitter, and Austin Jackson stays healthy, and the Phins have a kick ass season and Grier is universally praised.

I know it's much easier to say "this sucks, that sucks, everything sucks", "the last x number of seasons sucked so this year will suck too", etc. etc. but all this negativity is exhausting. All I know is, this is the best Dolphins roster I've seen since at least the mid-80s, and I couldn't be more excited for this next season to begin.

JMP
Admin

https://dolfancave.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down